Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish people are SO good looking!

• 07-04-2012 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

No I'm not being sarcastic!

Came home from travelling about, and have been walking around with my eyes on sticks. Yes I did see good looking people while I was away, but not to the extent since returning home.

I don't know if its because I grew up in Ireland and became conditioned to preferring Irish boys (blue eyes kill me) or that there are just amazing looking people here!
    There's been a few negative threads about Irish people's appearance, but sometimes its good to be reminded of the positives.

Stick that in your pipe Samantha Brick!

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Who the hell is Samantha Brick!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Thank you, but I already know how amazingly attractive I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

OMG TKS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Just back from Spar - the two scummers outside with deceased teeth say different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Ever been to slovakia? Even the ugly ones are hot.

The women here look like muntgoblins in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cassElliot

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Just back from Spar - the two scummers outside with deceased teeth say different.

get their number for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

cassElliot wrote: »
    get their number for me

What? My dentist?

irish-stew wrote: »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html

the most beautiful woman in the world according to her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Give yourself a round of applause lads. We deserve it :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dead teeth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

BURN THE BONDHOLDERS ! ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Where did you go travelling OP?
    Sky King wrote: »

British and Italian men are much better looking than Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Have to agree with the OP.
    I personally think Irish people are becoming more attractive as well. People are more body wise and are properly looking after themselves now compared to 10-15years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Yes,im lovely ,thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

No I'm not being sarcastic!

Came home from travelling about, and have been walking around with my eyes on sticks. Yes I did see good looking people while I was away, but not to the extent since returning home.

I don't know if its because I grew up in Ireland and became conditioned to preferring Irish boys (blue eyes kill me) or that there are just amazing looking people here!
    There's been a few negative threads about Irish people's appearance, but sometimes its good to be reminded of the positives.

Stick that in your pipe Samantha Brick!

:pac:

Do you have Cyanaphobia, can you look at the sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

You obviously didn't get the ride on yer holidays In China

i lived in London for awhile. would much prefer an Irish guy so lets not fight about it! :pac:

also went around lots of Europe.. I'll pass on the Italianos (no offence, I'm a nice girl I swear!!!) and was in America! I do like the East Coast accent tho ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't say I've seen much difference between Irish and British people, theres very little difference in lineage between the two nations(bit more spanish in the west of ireland though). I guess the Brits might have traditionally looked after themselves better but I think thats changing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I wouldn't go that far OP :pac:
    We've a mixed population in terms of looks - like anywhere. And i would say some populations on the whole are better-looking, e g the French.

i lived in London for awhile. would much prefer an Irish guy so lets not fight about it! :pac:

also went around lots of Europe.. I'll pass on the Italianos (no offence, I'm a nice girl I swear!!!) and was in America! I do like the East Coast accent tho ;)

surely living somewhere for a time isn't travelling exactly?

anyway, I was just saying about british and italian because i'm sick of hearing this attitude that irish women are munters.

• Advertisement

Lol, type into google sterotypes and observe second result :D

HA!

aww I guess I was trying to be complimentary!

I lived in London BEFORE travelling. I went a lot of places... am I being vague enough? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

irish-stew wrote: »
    I gave her the thumbs down to in a newspapers comments section and got a few hundred thumbs up for it when I said that I see more beauty on the check out tills in Asda and Tescos .

you live in a yellow submarine? jealous!

Latchy wrote: »
    I gave her the thumbs down to in a newspapers comments section and got a few hundred thumbs up for it when I said that I see more beauty on the check out tills in Asda and Tescos .

well played. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I don't know, OP do you have a Labrador and a stick, just wondering.

I think the Irish are pug, apologies.

you live in a yellow submarine? jealous!

I know right

Something like this but a bit cooler http://www.govliquidation.com/press/releases/submarine.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dudess wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far OP :pac:
    We've a mixed population in terms of looks - like anywhere. And i would say some populations on the whole are better-looking, e g the French.

French people are fugly tbh.

In around Paris you get the odd hot person who happens to be completely up their own hole...then they hit 30 and blam...ugmo city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I personally think Irish people are becoming more attractive as well. People are more body wise and are properly looking after themselves now compared to 10-15years ago.
    Yeah definitely. Irish women are way better looking today than they were when I was younger.

French people are fugly tbh.

In around Paris you get the odd hot person who happens to be completely up their own hole...then they hit 30 and blam...ugmo city.

30 Degress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I do think Irish girls tend to be naturally attractive, i.e. when not painted orange, but dressed in their own lovely porcelain paleness!.

For both men and for women, there seems to be a worrying weight problem. But on the other hand, this may be balanced by an increasing tendency to look after our hair, skin and teeth than may have arisen when we didn't have a pot to piss in, and probably enhances appearances relative to previous generations.

All in all, a nation of absolute babes I'd say.

xoxoxox///MasSIv aIR kISseS eVeryONe!!!!!!1xoxoxoxoxo

later12 wrote: »
    I do think Irish girls tend to be naturally attractive, i.e. when not painted orange, but dressed in their own lovely porcelain paleness!.

Pulled a chick in a well known club on Harcourt street (Not coppers) 2 or 3 weeks ago and genuinely thought she was of mixed race.......

Till the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

No. I'm just a hunk, a manly hunk you could say. A real man, I'm clean but I don't pluck my eyebrows or wear concealer on my face.

Real men have been around and still are today, it's just that there are more girly men around now that women consider good looking. Why would a woman need another woman in a relationship?.. Unless she's a lesbian, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Have to agree OP, i'm a girl and I always find Irish guys the most attractive!

• Advertisement

Fart wrote: »
    . Unless she's a lesbian, of course.

that, I am not. i can appreciate good looking girls tho! no point being bitchy.

ahhhh, real men! before skinny jeans showed up and skewed masculinity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

that, I am not. i can appreciate good looking girls tho! no point being bitchy.

ahhhh, real men! before skinny jeans showed up and skewed masculinity :(

Indeed. How does one fit all their package into such clothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 wasislos

Polish girls are only hot cos all the mugly people are in hiding back in poland. Same sames alround prolys

Not possible therefore not men but Eunuchs.

i wouldn't feel a great desire to find out what lurks beneath skinny jeans..

haha, that sounds like a bad B movie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

+1,000,000

Slovak, Czech, Hungarian women FTW!

There are alot of beautiful Irish women of course, pity they have to ruin it all by opening their mouths ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

It's the poles you're looking at.

Nah ... Croations are so dreamy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Raekwon wrote: »
    +1,000,000

Slovak, Czech, Hungarian women FTW!
    A-1 .Once while down in London I met a Czech girl of about 23 years of age who was to say the least, stunning in the body/ looks dept ...with bonde hair , sparkling blues eyes and pearly white teeth .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I laughed out loud at that term!

I've just googled it and got zero results. So congratulations on inventing a wonderful new word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

All the half decent looking Irish girls are stuck up biatches who need the approval of atleast 4 of there friends to talk to someone on a night out, whereas all the fat ugly birds are "sound".
    Thats why I love heading over to Scotland, Wales are England where you can talk to people without feeling judged on every action.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    All the half decent looking Irish girls are stuck up biatches who need the approval of atleast 4 of there friends to talk to someone on a night out, whereas all the fat ugly birds are "sound".
    Thats why I love heading over to Scotland, Wales are England where you can talk to people without feeling judged on every action.

I was in Aberdeen last year, and everywhere we went people stared at us. they're very unfriendly. we walked into one bar and literally everyone in there stopped talking and turned to look at us. all that was missing was the music coming to a stop.

but then maybe that's our fantastic looks :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yes, I'm a sexy bear!

/living the lie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

(blue eyes kill me)

I love men with blue eyes too OP, totally get where you are coming from there :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement