Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish people are SO good looking!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

cassElliot wrote: »
    No I'm not being sarcastic!

Came home from travelling about, and have been walking around with my eyes on sticks. Yes I did see good looking people while I was away, but not to the extent since returning home.

I don't know if its because I grew up in Ireland and became conditioned to preferring Irish boys (blue eyes kill me) or that there are just amazing looking people here!
    There's been a few negative threads about Irish people's appearance, but sometimes its good to be reminded of the positives.

Stick that in your pipe Samantha Brick!

:pac:

ahhh so its you who left the snail trail all over the country :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

I love tall dark haired Irish guys but I duno OP, I find theres a real scarity of them... I barely see them anywhere! Even finding a 'tall' one is a task in itself :(
    Patsy fyre wrote: »
    All the half decent looking Irish girls are stuck up biatches who need the approval of atleast 4 of there friends to talk to someone on a night out, whereas all the fat ugly birds are "sound".
    Thats why I love heading over to Scotland, Wales are England where you can talk to people without feeling judged on every action.

ah now i have to disagree with this completely.. you cant make a generalization like that..
    I would approach a guy if I liked them and I would never seek the 'approval' of my friends.. tbh I do have some friends who are afraid of their backsides to go and talk to a fella, why I'll never understand but I think there is equally a problem with guys approaching girls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Is it just me but Irish girls have like weird standards? Mayb its just my age bracket but girls go for reputation more than anything else. If you are on the rugby team in Blackrock your hot is girls mentality.

Maby I'm just bitter??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Is it just me but Irish girls have like weird standards? Mayb its just my age bracket but girls go for reputation more than anything else. If you are on the rugby team in Blackrock your hot is girls mentality.

Maby I'm just bitter??
    That's only a certain type of girl, to be fair - and not worth bothering with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

EdenHazard wrote: »

Maby I'm just bitter??

Bitter? Yes, perhaps you're right. It's not your fault you look like you're sucking on a lemon all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Just back from Spar - the two scummers outside with deceased teeth say different.

R.I.P.

Damn you sugar, damn you to hell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cassElliot

wivy wrote: »
    I love tall dark haired Irish guys but I duno OP, I find theres a real scarity of them... I barely see them anywhere! Even finding a 'tall' one is a task in itself :(

aww, cant find a tall one? everyone around me is an absolute giant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

in toronto at the moment and the mix of races here makes for some stunning looking people especially first and second generation with a slightly amercanised look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lay off the meth op, it's a hell of a drug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Do Irish womens like blue eyes? I thought Irish womens were into dark eyes/hair.

Do Irish womens like blue eyes? I thought Irish womens were into dark eyes/hair.

not me anyway. i love blue eyes. :)

have no real opinions on men's hair.

aww, cant find a tall one? everyone around me is an absolute giant!

Nope! :( I'm 5'11" so finding a guy whos over the 6' mark is nearly a job in itself im afraid haha.. never mind findin one whos hawt hawt hawt... :P

Send em this way cassElliot.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Why thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I have a bath once a year whether I need it or not and I brush my tooth sometimes. I'll put the dog out of bed for any mare willing to share it. I'm glad to hear we lads are being appreciated at last.

...Float looks for comb and condom.

Blue eyes would be my preference but ultimately it doesn't really matter.

• Advertisement

Nope! :( I'm 5'11" so finding a guy whos over the 6' mark is nearly a job in itself im afraid haha.. never mind findin one whos hawt hawt hawt... :P

wow 5'11! i always think tall women look so elegant. i'm five foot nothing.
    if only i could send you the guys i know! i bet you're a knock out x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Nevore wrote: »
    It's the poles you're looking at.

Hell no, Polish are totally over rated IMO. People usually see a hot Eastern European chick and think "Wow those Polish girls are fine" but in reality they are usually just pigeonholing some Slovak, Czech or Lithuanian girl. Okay for a nation of nearly 40m people Poland are going to have an abundance of hotties but Slovakia has a similar population to Ireland yet the amount of incredible beautiful women is staggering.

Us Irish need to tap into the Slavic gene pool for future generations. I'm doing my part ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Always had a thing for tall blonde Germans, so happens my husband is Irish but his great granny was German, his tall dark and very good looking.

Our kids are said to be very good looking all 3 are blonde and look like me :) my bloodline in English and Italian however Ive been told I look more Scandinavian, I must have Viking or something from somewhere.

The irish are now breeding with different nationalities and already have Norman, Viking and english bloodlines, chances are Irish will get better looking with new bloodlines coming into the country.

[

You need to go to the Netherlands or Switzerland.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Or get on to a Masai tribe.

• Advertisement

wow 5'11! i always think tall women look so elegant. i'm five foot nothing.
    if only i could send you the guys i know! i bet you're a knock out x

haha thanks cass! :) x
    you can redirect them to me on boards.. haha :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

haha thanks cass! :) x
    you can redirect them to me on boards.. haha :P

Just go to Coppers. I'm sure there is plenty of 6ft garda in there. Not sure on looks though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm from Germany, I have blue eyes, just saying.

It's not only the outside, it's what you find inside a person...or something like that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I don't know if its because I grew up in Ireland and became conditioned to preferring Irish boys (blue eyes kill me) or that there are just amazing looking people here!
    Have to agree OP, i'm a girl and I always find Irish guys the most attractive!

I'm an Irish guy! PM me :cool:

Is Éireannach mé! Seol PM chugam :cool:

I've heard alright that the guys out there are unreal! Thanks for the recommendation grindelwald! I will most definetely have to take a trip at some stage.. ;) Sounds like you bagged yourself a gorgeous guy! Nice work! :D

Lars1916 wrote: »

It's not only the outside, it's what you find inside a person...or something like that ;)

very true Lars. personality is important!! I probably seem a bit superficial now starting a thread on people's looks! and perhaps quite stereotypical! sometimes its nice to pay a big group of people a whopper compliment. :pac:

great username by the way. reminds me of the film Lars and the real girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Lars1916 wrote: »

So you're an intestines man?

I've heard alright that the guys out there are unreal! Thanks for the recommendation grindelwald! I will most definetely have to take a trip at some stage.. ;) Sounds like you bagged yourself a gorgeous guy! Nice work! :D

His 5,11 to my 5,5. I was in Switzerland on the ski slopes the guys over there were over 6" and good looking too, not sure about their personalities though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

ejmaztec wrote: »
    So you're an intestines man?

Sounds interesting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

later12 wrote: »
    I do think Irish girls tend to be naturally attractive, i.e. when not painted orange, but dressed in their own lovely porcelain paleness!.

Paleness FTW! :)

I was showing some American students around recently. One of the lads commented that I was the first Irish girl he saw who didn't have an orange face. :o Fukin embarrassed for Irish ladies so I was. They were hanging around Grafton Street though so.. :cool:

There are many beautiful Irish males and females, and there is also some uggas. Like everywhere!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Meh, my boyfriend went Slovakian and then came back to Irish. We must not be so bad, so. :cool::pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm so good looking, I'm illegal in the US!

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Thats why I love heading over to Scotland, Wales are England where you can talk to people without feeling judged on every action.

You say this... whilst judging any decent-looking Irish woman as stuck up. Oh, the irony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

I've lived in a few countries and in my opinion Ireland has a good proportion of good-looking people. When I lived in New York, the Irish lads in my social group were always the most sought after by American women.

I think everybody just likes something a bit "exotic." Ireland has a very high percentage of blue eyes with dark hair. This is an unusual feature on global level, hence its attractive to many people abroad. The vast majority of dark haired people in Europe have brown eyes. Personally I love dark hair and blue eyes, so I'm happy enough in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Where did you go travelling OP?

British and Italian men are much better looking than Irish.

So you like tatood baldy lads with 2 earrings on each ear then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Meh, my boyfriend went Slovakian and then came back to Irish. We must not be so bad, so. :cool::pac:

My boss used to drive a Porsche but because of the rescission he now drives a Passat. Ah well, it still gets him from A to B I suppose :D

Raekwon wrote: »
    My boss used to drive a Porsche but because of the rescission he now drives a Passat. Ah well, it still gets him from A to B I suppose :D

She still lives here...

Here's your saucer of milk though:

http://tiny.cc/v5vecw

MROW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Traveled to many parts of the globe and think Irish women are just as beautiful as the women of any other country, if not more so. I would place us very high on any list of nations for female beauty (towards the bottom half of the list though, were personality also taken into account). Why that is I have no clue but just seems that women of other countries seem far friendlier and less likely to have that air of entitlement about them that many Irish women seem to, but maybe that's just because when on holiday you notice the positive aspects of the people you meet more and the negatives ones less.

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    I

I think everybody just likes something a bit "exotic." Ireland has a very high percentage of blue eyes with dark hair. This is an unusual feature on global level, hence its attractive to many people abroad. The vast majority of dark haired people in Europe have brown eyes. Personally I love dark hair and blue eyes, so I'm happy enough in Ireland.

We also have a lot of red heads, I've only ever met one good looking irish red headed male, he died of cancer before his 30th birthday :(.

But he was fine...

We also have a lot of farmers and I've never seen a cute farmer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

We also have a lot of red heads, I've only ever met one good looking irish red headed male, he died of cancer before his 30th birthday :(.

But he was fine...

There seems to be a high concentration of red heads in TCD and most of them are fiiiiiine!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    I

But he was fine...

I direct you to the irish farmers calendars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

You must have seen my purple-headed pork sword, the very reason jesus came back from the dead was to see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I disagree with the OP. Only some are nice looking IMO. Irish girls mostly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Always had a thing for tall blonde Germans, so happens my husband is Irish but his great granny was German, his tall dark and very good looking.

Our kids are said to be very good looking all 3 are blonde and look like me :) my bloodline in English and Italian however Ive been told I look more Scandinavian, I must have Viking or something from somewhere.

The irish are now breeding with different nationalities and already have Norman, Viking and english bloodlines, chances are Irish will get better looking with new bloodlines coming into the country.

Im envious of the little Aryan race you've got going on there :rolleyes:

Nyan Cat wrote: »

I direct you to the irish farmers calendars!

:o. Link?

*Just kidding!

My first real crush was on a farmer and he was no looker but he was soo funny.... It all comes down to personality and to be honest I think most of the Irish male/female have great personalities....

• Advertisement

Meh, plenty of attractive Irish men and women - looks and personality. I wouldn't see the point in going out of one's way to give examples of unattractive ones or to compare them constantly with other nationalities.

Probably a good idea not to be going to up-one's-arse pubs too.

Traveled to many parts of the globe and think Irish women are just as beautiful as the women of any other country, if not more so. I would place us very high on any list of nations for female beauty (towards the bottom half of the list though, were personality also taken into account). Why that is I have no clue but just seems that women of other countries seem far friendlier and less likely to have that air of entitlement about them that many Irish women seem to, but maybe that's just because when on holiday you notice the positive aspects of the people you meet more and the negatives ones less.

Seriously we're not all bad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

http://www.farmercalendar.com/ - click on the farmers!

Never realized they did the calanders, but do you know what caught my eye the orange car, fantastic body on her, wouldnt mind one of them.... No need to look at the guys I already have my mr perfect....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I got off a plane in Bratislava (Slovakia) and as I walked through the airport I genuinely thought that there was some sort of modelling competition being held - I got through customs ( the Girl checking the passports looked like Claudia Schiffers better looking younger sister) and had to wait outside for my lift. As I quietly smoked a cigarette, my poor eyes were on swivels. Holy schit, there are an awful lot of seriously good looking Slovakian girls. Blokes all looked like either swamp trolls or poor mafioso bodybuilders, but jasus the women are fine.Here at home, there's a lot of very good looking Irish women going around as well but the lads have a touch of the Slovak about them.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement