Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling.

• 07-04-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

How does this sound for a price for tiling. ..

6 sq. mtrs of tiling around a bath.
    Tiler will supply adhesive , grout and plastic edging strips . He will also put up a shower screen on side of bath.

( I supply tiles and screen)

Cost € 175

Is this good or bad.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Sounds a good deal to me. Is the tiler a pro or an amateur? It may be worth asking if he would tank (waterproof) around the bath.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

that sounds pretty reasonable tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

Tiler is qualified.
    Where tiles and bath meet it will be sealed with waterproof sealer eg tec 7

Tks

Tiler is qualified.
    Where tiles and bath meet it will be sealed with waterproof sealer eg tec 7

Thats good, TEC7 is fine, but your grout is not waterproof. The purpose of tanking your walls, if they are either aquaboard, plasterboard or ply is to protect them from water/damp and subsequent rot. It is common in the UK but not so over here.

I recently demolished a ply walled shower, 2 years old and used infrequently. The bottom corners of the ply were black and rotted. Tanking protects against this.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

Thank you for that good advice. I didnt know what was meant by tanking.
    Is this something that can be easily done and is it expensive.
    Tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Its very easy done just paint it on two coats to be sure costs just under 50 euro for a drum and just follow the instructions on the drum and be sure to use water proof cement and water proof grout

650gs wrote: »
    Its very easy done just paint it on two coats to be sure costs just under 50 euro for a drum and just follow the instructions on the drum and be sure to use water proof cement and water proof grout

I wish...... wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Water resistant is the best you can get!!

TT

Advertisement