Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about the cost of a new Sky+ multiroom box

• 07-04-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I don't mean how much it will cost per month I just mean how much would Sky charge me to install another Sky+ box in a bedroom? And would they charge me to buy the box itself? We already have Sky+ and another multi room box in our second living room I just want to get one for our bedroom. Our other boxes were free and so was the instillation but that was only because we were new customers. But I'm presuming they wont just install an extra multi box for free for existing customers. After adding up the cost to install Saorview I just think it's a waste of time and I'd rather get another Sky multiroom box instead.

I just want to have a rough ballpark figure before I call Sky. Can I haggle with them about the cost? Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

According to the details here it will cost you €149 for the box and €60 for standard installation. You will also have to pay €15/month extra and agree to a new 12 month contract
    Sky+ box: Existing Sky+ box households are not eligible for a discounted box. Existing customers must agree to new 12 month minimum term for Sky TV. One free/discounted box per household. Sky+ box up to €149 if you are not eligible for discounted price (Sky TV subscription required). You will receive a Sky+HD box which has all the features of Sky+ and can store an average of 185 hours of standard definition programmes. To view free-to-air HD content you need an HD ready TV. To view Sky HD content you will also need the HD Pack (€15 a month). Standard set-up is free for new Sky TV customers joining online. Standard set-up for existing customers is €60. Non-standard set-up may cost extra.

They were giving multiroom for a single monthly payment of €15 regardless of the number of boxes but that has now stopped.

I think its a lot to be out of pocket for a third box.

Advertisement