Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to track down someone

• 07-04-2012 7:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

long story short, got released from hospital yesterday after some idiot put me in there. anway, the nurse who was looking after me was, im not sure how to put it, was very nice. i want to track her down and ask her out but i only have her first name and the hospital she works in. any idea how i would go about getting her surname and accidentally finding her on facebook?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

paky wrote: »
    long story short, got released from hospital yesterday after some idiot put me in there. anway, the nurse who was looking after me was, im not sure how to put it, was very nice. i want to track her down and ask her out but i only have her first name and the hospital she works in. any idea how i would go about getting her surname and accidentally finding her on facebook?

Nurses are always different when you get them home.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Hang around outside the hospital. In a van. With a mattress in the back?

I dunno. Ask the hospital? No they won't tell you.
    Send her flowers and a phone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Go back to the hospital and speak to her. You have a fair idea what shift she works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Don't add her on facebook.

Go back to the hospital ask for her at reception and ask her out in person there and then. You shouldn't need more than her first name to be able to do that.

Then report back because we're all nosey bastards on After Hours :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

this will probably be locked. if you know her first name and the hospital she works in, and presumably the department you were in, then ...well, no you still won't be able to find her online. unless the hospital is down as a place of work on facebook. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Nevore wrote: »
    Hand around outside the hospital. In a van. With a mattress in the back?

I dunno. Ask the hospital? Send her flowers and a phone number?

would they release that kind of information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Nevore wrote: »
    Hand around outside the hospital. In a van. With a mattress in the back?

I dunno. Ask the hospital? Send her flowers and a phone number?

would they release that kind of information?
    Probably not. The flowers idea might work though. Or else as others said, just go in. And find her.

i'd probably go all red and wet my panse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Tell me her name and the hospital and I will ask her out for you.

i'd probably go all red and wet my panse

She is a nurse, she will clean you up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Chicks love the creepy stalker type! Follow her from a distance and hide in her bushes outside her house.

Also, most nurses are extremely nice, comes with the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hire Dog the Bounty Hunter

tvercetti wrote: »
    Tell me her name and the hospital and I will ask her out for you.

have u access to hse files?

is there not a conflict of interest between patient and non patient person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Chicks love the creepy stalker type! Follow her from a distance and hide in her bushes outside her house.

Also, most nurses are extremely nice, comes with the job.

No, most nurses spend their working lives PRETENDING to be nice. They can also be the toughest women in the world, with zero room for bullsh(t. I know this from my friends who are nurses. Great women, but don't suffer fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Try Coppers OP :D

pithater1 wrote: »
    Try Coppers OP :D

damn, i forgot to ask her that!!

looks like im gona have to bite the bullet on this one and see her in person. i have an appointment next week in the same hos but different department but the shift change is at the same time of my appointment so hopefully i'll bang into her, if not i'll just walse in like an officer and a gentleman, even though im neither, and ask her out.

looks like im gona have to bite the bullet on this one and see her in person. i have an appointment next week in the same hos but different department but the shift change is at the same time of my appointment so hopefully i'll bang into her, if not i'll just walse in like an officer and a gentleman, even though im neither, and ask her out.

Is she married or does she have a bf/gf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Go back to the hospital and give her a thank you card - number in card so there is no embarrassing situation

hondasam wrote: »
    Is she married or does she have a bf/gf?

no i overheard a conversation between her and the other nurse and she said she just broke up with her boyfriend and moved back to her parents place :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

What kind of hospital was it?

Where To wrote: »
    What kind of hospital was it?

an a and e kinda one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Do you think she was nice to you because she fancied you. Nurses are nice to everyone who is injured so don't waste your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

an a and e kinda one
    Thanks, just wondering . . . . .

Inbox wrote: »
    Do you think she was nice to you because she fancied you. Nurses are nice to everyone who is injured so don't waste your time.

its not my concern whether she fancied me or not. i fancied her and thats the bottom line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

No, most nurses spend their working lives PRETENDING to be nice. They can also be the toughest women in the world, with zero room for bullsh(t. I know this from my friends who are nurses. Great women, but don't suffer fools.

Good traits, as they have to put up with a lot of crap in their jobs. It doesn't mean they are pretending to be nice.

In my job I am nice to does who deserve it but I don't suffer fools and put up with their shit.

Nice to most people, just about tolerant to arseholes.

ha ha :D

no i overheard a conversation between her and the other nurse and she said she just broke up with her boyfriend and moved back to her parents place :D

How long were you in hospital? how much did you talk to her? Nurses are friendly to all their patients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Bring her a nice bunch of flowers and a card to thank her for helping you, on the card just write; dinner sometime? And your number,

If she feels the same she will call if not then you know where you stand without the shame of a let down in front of a entire ward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Florence Nightingale effect. Happened me once many years ago now - she even wrote to me for a few years afterwards. Never met her again though as she was English and went back home before I could get the courage up to ask her out. Lemon that I am.

How long were you in hospital? how much did you talk to her? Nurses are friendly to all their patients.

a day or two. but sure shes single, what more could i ask for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the nurse who was looking after me was, im not sure how to put it, was very nice.

how do you mean?

was she flirting with you

Tigger wrote: »
    how do you mean?

was she flirting with you

no i wouldnt say flirting, just been nice and joking. quite friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

long story short, got released from hospital yesterday after some idiot put me in there.
    Were you signed into a lunatic asylum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Go to Coppers, you might see her there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

OP.

As you get older, you'll find that it's the things you don't do that you will regret the most.

Go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Cut her name into your chest with a big knife and lay down outside the hospital, when you wake up and she's there explain how it happened

Were you signed into a lunatic asylum?

no i got out there last year

a day or two. but sure shes single, what more could i ask for?

Go for it then, sure what have got you to lose. Good luck, let us know how you get on. Go to the hospital and ask for her, bring a card and box of chocolates.

sound

dude if you need to get prescribed xanax get prescribed xanax but shrug off whatever stupid fear is stopping you and go in and tell her to go out with you

even if she says no you will A; no longer be a boy but a man and B; have grown due to this whole hospital thing

which type of person do you want to be for your life? a confident man or a coward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Just leave her a card with your number on it and tell her that if you fancy going for dinner to give you a call.
    Just because she was nice to you and joking around does not mean she fancies you so dont get your hopes up,Its nice to be nice afterall.
    If she does - Good luck with it... any leave us know how you get on.

im off to get the old spice, i'll update yee on how it goes cheers

Go for it then, sure what have got you to lose. Good luck, let us know how you get on. Go to the hospital and ask for her, bring a card and box of chocolates.

see: girls like confidence and choclates

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If the internet has thought me anything, it's that playing soft, yet uptempo, music will get you laid. Dress as a cable guy for added affect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Good traits, as they have to put up with a lot of crap in their jobs. It doesn't mean they are pretending to be nice.

In my job I am nice to does who deserve it but I don't suffer fools and put up with their shit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think nurses are generally out there being evil in their spare time, or faking niceness in work. They're just being professional, and looking after a patient (making them feel well, happy and looked after) is part of their job. Sadly for the OP, it doesn't actually mean they LIKE him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Don't get me wrong, I don't think nurses are generally out there being evil in their spare time, or faking niceness in work. They're just being professional, and looking after a patient (making them feel well, happy and looked after) is part of their job. Sadly for the OP, it doesn't actually mean they LIKE him.
    but, but, she touched him, and looked at him, and like they bonded.... She was obviously mad about him.. Anyway, since things didn't work out with that airhostess, despite her obvious come-on of offering him a drink and everything, that time on the plane, why not stalk your nurse? Lesson to be learnt here Ladies, never be nice to any strange lad as he will then think you love him and try to track you down via the tinterned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

So your appointment...what's the time and date so I can put it in my calendar? I'll forget to bump the thread otherwise... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Nurses get this a lot. Her first thought would probably be 'Oh f#ck, not again...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Did anyone else think on reading the first line, the OP was looking for the person who put him in hospital.

:D

Good luck with it mate, but dont be disapointed if you get turned down, its in the job description for nurses to put thier clients at ease, attentive, and friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Call Liam Neeson , " I will find you" etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement