Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting the sheds

Options
  • 07-04-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Posted a similar question a couple of years ago but with the fine weather we decided to get the sheds done this year (after many years talking). After re-reading some posts I wanted see if anyone might advise me if there was a way to check if the paint been used (I intend on been on-site checking the work when it starts) was mixed with diesel or other thinners before the painting starts. Company have a good rep locally but better safe than sorry and there's no way its going on if its not up to scratch..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Can you supply the paint yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Too late I'm afriad, job started, deal done, he'd have me over a barrel if I changed but I reckon I'd have a say on quality of paint been used. They have good recommendations from local lads and I'm probably just been too cautiuos but have to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

once their not called john joe or mossy, refer to you as sir or boss and dont drive a transit lit up like a candle you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

the sheds were fierce dirty but all washed, weather cleared up but sheds need another wash by the looks of it.

can anyone help me with OP, spotting if the paint is'nt up to scratch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

the sheds were fierce dirty but all washed, weather cleared up but sheds need another wash by the looks of it.

can anyone help me with OP, spotting if the paint is'nt up to scratch..

you will find out soon enough, in about 5 years time

my neighbour went to great trouble with his sheds, powerwashed, then wire brushed all manually , powerwashed again , then got a primer done all with a brush and final coat with brush again all with "top" quality paint sourced from a "reputable" company

I got a certain family from Wexford to do mine, high pressure power wash and 2 coats of paint.. in and out in 2 days

rust is beginning break through the neighbour's and mine while they have faded and got dirty there is no rust or flaking off paint like the ones next door

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Sorry to but in half way.
    Ours were done about 10 years ago and are flaking badly.
    Can they be powerwashed and a good job done now or is it always going to flake now.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

snowman707 wrote: »
    you will find out soon enough, in about 5 years time

my neighbour went to great trouble with his sheds, powerwashed, then wire brushed all manually , powerwashed again , then got a primer done all with a brush and final coat with brush again all with "top" quality paint sourced from a "reputable" company

I got a certain family from Wexford to do mine, high pressure power wash and 2 coats of paint.. in and out in 2 days

rust is beginning break through the neighbour's and mine while they have faded and got dirty there is no rust or flaking off paint like the ones next door
    any chance u can pm me or post the name of this guy from wexford snowman??we have a good bit of work to be done over the summer. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Anybody come across a type of "rubber" paint that is applied hot to hayshed roofs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Figerty

Bizzum wrote: »
    Anybody come across a type of "rubber" paint that is applied hot to hayshed roofs?

By hot I presume the roof it hot....not the paint....howya boss type paint..

I did mine 5 years ago. Primed, painted after brushing down with and angle grinder..torture... 5 years on, no sign of any rust or breaking of the paint.

Good primer and paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Figerty wrote: »
    By hot I presume the roof it hot....not the paint....howya boss type paint..

To be straight and honest, I don't know. It came up in conversation today and all I know is the paint is some "rubber" type and is applied to the roof hot, somehow. After the roof being powerhosed and primed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Anyone hear of PMC from Ballinasloe for shed painting

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

got our sheds done in the good spell back in may.delighted with the job.theres only one crowd who go on about this rubberised paint and thats the before mentioned "howya boss"boys. keep well away for ur own good!

Advertisement