Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

accidental AI

• 07-04-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

If a cow is accidently served with AI 5 to 10 days after proper heat and AI does this automatically mean she will come in heat again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

if she wasnt in proper heat it shouldnt make any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Poor Farmer in the hills

she definitely was not in heat the second time do you think she will still hold from the first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭ceannfort

it shouldn't have any affect on the first service. she still has the same chance of going in calf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

she definitely was not in heat the second time do you think she will still hold from the first time

It will prob have no effect on her the fact that its so early , but the gun has to enter through the cervix and deposit the semen in the uterus , and if she was far gone you would kill the foetus ..

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Poor Farmer in the hills

i am using the patches in front of the tail which turn red when cow is mounted for more than 5 seconds. i find them a great job but i think i am getting an odd false positive as cows are inside some very rough with strong heats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

shell be fine a membrane forms in the cervix when a cow is in calf and if an AI gun punctures this she will abort but the membrane would not be formed at this stage, she'll be fine

Advertisement