Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting onions

Options
  • 07-04-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone help me? I've planted onions bulbs for quite some time now an never covered them always just left them on the top of the prepared drill, recently people have told me that they cover theres over with soil.. Does anybody else cover ters, r does anyone do Wat I do?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

onion sets? i always plant them about an inch below soil level; i.e. so the neck is just showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Micheal GIY

Same here, and checking back after a few days to poke back in the ones that birds have picked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

I have always planted the same too, I wouldn' t worry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

two thirds in - one third out works fine for me.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

Is it getting to late to get onion sets in, everywhere I read people have them in weeks already?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ours went in Good Friday, not too late at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

onion sets? i always plant them about an inch below soil level; i.e. so the neck is just showing.

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ACMHN

Thank you very much for all reply's and advice, much appreciated, by the way it ain't too late at all to plant your onions

Advertisement