Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping with my son

Options
  • 07-04-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys,

Do you guys have any recommendations on where to go camping in Ireland. Im in Meath and willing to take a drive if the location is worth it.

We not in to the whole campsite with dedicated spaces thing, i would prefer it if its a bit more remote where we can relax and enjoy the outdoors with not too many people around us.

Any recommendations welcome.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tradtshirt

you can camp by the river in the forests at avondale house in wicklow (well at least you could up to 2/3 years ago)
    this would be a safe place - and not at all like campsites. its about 45mins from red cow
    you need prior permission - you can't just rock up and book in
    http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/?id=53&rec_site=4

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Hiya, I recommend kittys Camping in the burden co clare, it is a campsite but is peaceful and slightly alternative, tents etc welcome, kitchen to use etc. I spent a good few nights down there last year and had a great time, going again with my three kids at the start of the summer holidays. It is not your usual campsite and I loved it as it is quite remote, but you have a kitchen etc if you need it, wifi and are near some lovely walks, town etc.. well worth a visit www.kittyscamping.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

dharma200 wrote: »
    Hiya, I recommend kittys Camping in the burden co clare, it is a campsite but is peaceful and slightly alternative, tents etc welcome, kitchen to use etc. I spent a good few nights down there last year and had a great time, going again with my three kids at the start of the summer holidays. It is not your usual campsite and I loved it as it is quite remote, but you have a kitchen etc if you need it, wifi and are near some lovely walks, town etc.. well worth a visit www.kittyscamping.com

There's a small campsite in Corofin which is very central for anyone interested in the Burren and a range of very well organised and signposted walks. There is also a free bus service, hourly from c 1000 to 1700 which will take you from Corofin and drop you off at any of the 3 starting points for the various walks and pick you up at the end point. The bus is very, very punctual. The driver is Dutch, though living here for 50 years. It's a great service.

Advertisement