Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sluts & Studs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

well, I'm all Tom Tuckered out. nite all. I'll be dreaming of ponies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

what if your a man that sleeps with men?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Domo230 wrote: »
    Well men tend to value fidelity very highly in women because the men who didnt never had kids and so were bred out. So that trait has evolved in men to keep their genes safe. For the exact reason men evolved this trait. Women who had slept with many men would probably be more likely to cheat or to father children that were not theirs as opposed to the woman who had slept with less or was a virgin.

A man who is promiscuous however must be a high status man as they are the only ones able to do this - Only he chief of the village can sleep with a lot of women so it is a difficult thing for men to achieve and any man that does instinctively earns the respect of the other men

You say evolutionary arguments arnt convincing yet they explain everything in a scientific and logical manner. I stated the evolutionary reasons why the sluts and studs behaviour exists and am simply backing it up. Im not saying its right or wrong, im just saying this is why science believes we behave as we do and why many people tend to treat promiscous women as sluts and promiscuous men as heroes. It must be of some evolutionary advantage.

I honestly don't agree with the highlighted part. Does anyone know who treats promiscuous men as 'heroes'? I don't and I don't know anyone who does. Anyone I know is indifferent at best but certainly don't go around high fiving someone like that or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

efb wrote: »

Depends which end you're on I guess.

amacachi wrote: »
    Depends which end you're on I guess.

what if ya swap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

as I once seen.

"a key that opens many locks is a master key.,
    but a lock that can be opened by many keys is simple a ****ty lock."

what if ya swap?
    I'd say that would be the worst of both worlds but you'd probably say best of both worlds :pac:

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    as I once seen.

You should try to expand that and send it into a Science journal. You may single-handedly revolutionise how the world views this issue.

I'd say that would be the worst of both worlds but you'd probably say best of both worlds :pac:

we'll yeah,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ArtSmart wrote: »
    what phrase? :confused:

The locks one.

Neither are admirable traits.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭policarp

Contraception.

That's the cause of it. . .

Before that studs were a part of shirt collar. . .

And sluts weren't. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

In this day and age a lot of men and women are what would have been deemed promiscuous not long ago - say, 40 casual partners between 18 and 30 - which isn't excessive though.
    It's about the behaviour that goes along with it, not merely the casual sex.

Rampant indiscriminate ****ing for the sake of it though isn't well regarded - for either sex.

as I once seen.

You might have once seen it. I've seen it twice on this very thread already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Allow me to use an analogy.

A key that can open many locks is a master key. However a lock that can be easily opened by any key is a pretty shitty lock.
    BBDBB wrote: »
    something clever about keys and locks
    Dudess wrote: »
    Oh and some really unoriginal, dumb thing about keys and locks.
    Domo230 wrote: »
    "A key that opens many doors is a master key but a lock that is opened by many keys is a **** key."
    That key/lock thing again as if it's clever.
    stovelid wrote: »
    I'm a sad bastard with no sex life but I have a decent key lock metaphor if anybody wants it?
    kowloon wrote: »
    Something about key cutting and combination locks. Never give away the combination or something...
    as I once seen.

MAKE IT STOP!

lets go on the lock down by the quays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Something needs to be locked now if we aren't already all locked at this stage,

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Keys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

It's harder for a guy to pick up a girl than it is for a girl to pick up a guy :p

is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

MAKE IT STOP!

It never stops... every time I close my eyes I see their screaming faces...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

You should try to expand that and send it into a Science journal. You may single-handedly revolutionise how the world views this issue.

yeah cool. you should send your recommendation on to the person who came up with the quote and see if they have any interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jocmilt

Why is it that when a bloke sleeps with thousands of girls he is called a stud.
    He may even be applauded for his conquests.

But when a girl sleeps with a handfull of blokes she is branded a "slut"

Could it be the perception that men have lots of sex for the fun of it whereas women have loads of sex to see what they can get for it?

Like if a man see something he wants he thinks, "how can I earn enough to but that" but a woman will think "who can I get to buy that for me".

It's because of the perception that women see granting access to their vaginas as a gainful transaction, whereas men are just scratching an itch when they have sex and could only imagine getting anything in return for their service in their wildest dreams. Buy her this, buy her that and then maybe... just maybe she will sleep with you. Then she does the same trick on a whole heap of other blokes? Is 'Slut' really the right word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

jocmilt wrote: »
    It's because of the perception that women see granting access to their vaginas as a gainful transaction

Who's perception is that? Be honest now. Lets have stats, studies and evidence before you make this statement about 'women' as a whole gender.

Then she does the same trick on a whole heap of other blokes? Is 'Slut' really the right word?

I know what word you want to use. Just because you want to use it, doesn't mean you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

We should remove any power cables lying around because you'll bite into them as that's where you get your power. Also never look you directly in the eye as you'll trick us into riding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

A key that can open many locks is a master key. However a lock that can be easily opened by any key is a pretty shitty lock.

Wow, that's like, so profound, maaaaan.

K-9 wrote: »
    The locks one.

Neither are admirable traits.
    admirable traits...? oh, the cavemen thing and the lock thing.

for sure

lock analogy and cavemen activity are not admirable. I agree.

I will say though, short sentences, though time saving, are not always one's friend. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

In my opinion... I just think its a dint in the male pride area:p

Well done OP, with your generalisation you are sure to combat this generalisation.

Also, this is AH, it's long been established that most of the blokes here can't get laid and a small handful have boned every girl in Ireland.

A key that can open many locks is a master key. However a lock that can be easily opened by any key is a pretty ****ty lock.

I don't think you know what a master key is and as such, this analogy is ****. There is nothing special about a master key whatsoever, it's actually slaved to a small set of different locks that contain a double tumbler mechanism that can accept and open to the master key and their own individual key.

Basically what this clever analogy is saying is that a stud basically has one trick, which will work on one type of girl and only because she allows it. The master key will go from lock to lock, vainly trying to get itself in there but normally meeting with some stiff resistance.

In short, "studs" can only be sexually successful with identikit people who like their never changing act.

That sounds about right.

well, when one's mickey dazzles.....

or is he a dazzler of mickeys? all very confusing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Evie90

jocmilt wrote: »
    Like if a man see something he wants he thinks, "how can I earn enough to but that" but a woman will think "who can I get to buy that for me".

^^^ Yes very clever, I think Chris Rock had a fairly similar viewpoint ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Snowie wrote: »
    is it ?

Depends on their weight

apparently there are 237 reasons why women sleep with men.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/sep/28/sex-women-relationships-tanya-gold

Pity is mentioned, but stupidity isn't.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    apparently there are 237 reasons why women sleep with men.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/sep/28/sex-women-relationships-tanya-gold

Pity is mentioned, but stupidity isn't.
    thank fug for pity....

ok, back to work Art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Giselle wrote: »
    Who's perception is that? Be honest now. Lets have stats, studies and evidence before you make this statement about 'women' as a whole gender.

You should get my ex the psychologist to do the study. She was a big ass slut. :)

Here's my controversial comment for this. I've met more than a few women who tried to hook up with a GAA player, Soccer player, Rugby player, doctor etc. Stating that the appeals was their profession and their status. The only guy I can think of in the world that I know of, that ever slept with a girl because of her status or wealth was Kevin Federline and he was ridiculed constantly.

If you want to see a sight, go to a nightclub in Galway when there's a sports team in there for a x-mas party. It's like watching a demolition. Saw two soccer players literally block a couple of girls trying to walk past them. They left with them a few minutes later. There was also the great pick up in history. The guy who kicked a girl up the ass to get her attention. Love it! And they probably had unsuspecting girlfriends at home that couldn't come out for the guys night out. I'm sure that wouldn't deter the girls that went home with them because they just wanted to be able to brag about it.

Guys take it when they can get it because they need to find a girl that's willing to give it up. A girl can get it whenever she wants, grab a lads hand and put it on her boob and that's pretty much the deal sealed. Lads are pathetic. Even when guys are that easy to pick up, it's still more difficult for them to find themselves in that situation unless they have something to make them stand out. Like fame, money or very good looks. A fat ugly girl can get laid every night if she so wanted because there's always a guy that will get it while the goings good sadly.

The sluttyness of guys enables the sluttyness of some girls

When a girl sleeps with lots of guys it's kind of seen as her not valuing herself and why should a guy? She can be a slut if she wants, who cares. It's just that when she gets to the inevitable stage of Ohhh why can't I ever just get a boyfriend, sob sob sob. It's too late, she's going to be unattractive mate for a lot of guys. Thus the label slut. She's a girl you'd f**k if you got the chance but not one you'd ever want to have a relationship with because you don't have any respect for her.

you sound a bit bitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

maybe he's only got a little key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

In my opinion... I just think its a dint in the male pride area:p

All arguments and discussion on this can be boiled down to one thing. This kid knows the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I <3 sluts.

Not bitter at all. I don't deal with those types of guys or women. Merely commenting on it.

I'm with a beautiful lady. Not a slut, has self respect.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Guys take it when they can get it because they need to find a girl that's willing to give it up. A girl can get it whenever she wants, grab a lads hand and put it on her boob and that's pretty much the deal sealed. Lads are pathetic. Even when guys are that easy to pick up, it's still more difficult for them to find themselves in that situation unless they have something to make them stand out. Like fame, money or very good looks. A fat ugly girl can get laid every night if she so wanted because there's always a guy that will get it while the goings good sadly.

Hang on, so when you were single all a girl had to do, regardless of how unattractive she was, was put your hand on her boob and you were hers?

Hang on, so when you were single all a girl had to do, regardless of how unattractive she was, was put your hand on her boob and you were hers?

I did do it with a pretty ugly girl once alright! She practically jumped me though. Was more than just put my hand on her tit. If I was single and I don't what I'd do any more. Never really enjoyed one night stands but when it's on a plate for you, it would be hard to say no.

Had a girl outside Supermacs ask me for the ride a few months ago. And she called it the ride which made her seem extra classy but I was just out of a relationship so thought it would have been disrespectful to my ex at the time. Not sure other guys would have said no though. She asked the next guy and started dogging into him and left with him. Good old Supermacs, been serving up thigh and breasts to the Irish male for 20+ years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If you want to see a sight, go to a nightclub in Galway when there's a sports team in there for a x-mas party. It's like watching a demolition. Saw two soccer players literally block a couple of girls trying to walk past them. They left with them a few minutes later. There was also the great pick up in history. The guy who kicked a girl up the ass to get her attention. Love it! And they probably had unsuspecting girlfriends at home that couldn't come out for the guys night out. I'm sure that wouldn't deter the girls that went home with them because they just wanted to be able to brag about it.

A common part of courting so it is.

kowloon wrote: »

Ha Ha! It worked for John Waynes character in the quiet man. He kicked that bitch down the hill and then she was mad for his cock sure

You should get my ex the psychologist to do the study. She was a big ass slut. :)
    Then why were you with her?
    The guy who kicked a girl up the ass to get her attention. Love it!
    You... love it? Seeing some neanderthal kicking a girl up the arse?
    Lads are pathetic.
    All most certainly are not, but yes, your attitude is supporting that hypothesis in relation to a handful of men all right... :pac:
    A fat ugly girl can get laid every night if she so wanted because there's always a guy that will get it while the goings good sadly.
    Yeah, "sadly". If only it were just hot people getting sex, the world would be a happier place... :(
    She can be a slut if she wants, who cares. It's just that when she gets to the inevitable stage of Ohhh why can't I ever just get a boyfriend, sob sob sob. It's too late, she's going to be unattractive mate for a lot of guys. Thus the label slut. She's a girl you'd f**k if you got the chance but not one you'd ever want to have a relationship with because you don't have any respect for her.
    Can never understand people having sex with people they think are repulsive. It's kuntish, not "Darwinian".

The people you mix with/observe on nights out seem awful - but if you think that's the way people across society act, you don't have a clue. That world is alien to me - always has been, thank fuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Not speaking about myself of course as I'm a frigid but do some men think a woman with a high sex drive is a slut? Or are some afraid that she could have a bigger sex drive than them?

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Not speaking about myself of course as I'm a frigid but do some men think a woman with a high sex drive is a slut? Or are some afraid that she could have a bigger sex drive than them?

the insecure ones probably do

I did do it with a pretty ugly girl once alright! She practically jumped me though. Was more than just put my hand on her tit. If I was single and I don't what I'd do any more. Never really enjoyed one night stands but when it's on a plate for you, it would be hard to say no.

Had a girl outside Supermacs ask me for the ride a few months ago. And she called it the ride which made her seem extra classy but I was just out of a relationship so thought it would have been disrespectful to my ex at the time. Not sure other guys would have said no though. She asked the next guy and started dogging into him and left with him. Good old Supermacs, been serving up thigh and breasts to the Irish male for 20+ years

So basically you are just transplanting your own methods of yesteryear on to all blokes everywhere, even though you offer an example yourself that disputes them.

Fair nuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

A guy who sleeps with thousands of women is a ****ing skank btw OP.

He probably won't hear your boos under all the clapping, cheering and hi-fiving though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I am an equal opportunities type guy when it comes to sluts and studs. I like to think I am both.

He probably won't hear your boos under all the clapping, cheering and hi-fiving though.

Because he's awesome :D

http://wiki.godvillegame.com/images/8/87/BAwesome.jpg

Then why were you with her?

You... love it? Seeing some neanderthal kicking a girl up the arse?

All most certainly are not, but yes, your attitude is supporting that hypothesis in relation to a handful of men all right... :pac:

Yeah, "sadly". If only it were just hot people getting sex, the world would be a happier place... :(

Can never understand people having sex with people they think are repulsive. It's kuntish, not "Darwinian".

The people you mix with/observe on nights out seem awful - but if you think that's the way people across society act, you don't have a clue. That world is alien to me - always has been, thank fuk.

Hang on. You say why shouldn't people be promiscious and have fun but if you aren't attracted to the person it's kuntish. Does it matter if you have no intention of ever seeing the person again anyway?

I would never have a f**k buddy or enter a relationship with a girl I had hooked up with on a night out. Not sure if many people do. Can't speak for others but that's my preference.

I find it class that there's people out there that can be that cavalier and have it work for them.

Not sure where your coming from with the fat and ugly thing. Don't think looks really plays into it much though I think ugly girls will get laid much faster than ugly guys. The ugly guy better have something else going for him like money or status and no, not personality. We don't live in a romantic comedy. If in real life Ryan Goslings character from The Notebook was a fat sweaty mess in he would have been arrested for harassment and stalking.

Doesn't bother me much.

ziggy23 wrote: »

To answer that, no. Not unless they're particularly religious or something like that. In fact most men would be grateful for a GF who wants to have sex a lot.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement