Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bank pub

• 07-04-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Looks like the bank pub on O'Connell Street is being auctioned off by allsops in May, the guide price is €395k. So will it be kept as a pub if it sells, seems to be in the wrong part of town and never really took off despite being a nice looking place!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The guy who ran it / owned it was an absolute c**t, and ended up skipping town / the country..... no loss....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Allsop auction today, bank pub was withdrawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Allsop auction today, bank pub was withdrawn.

Any info why, Munstergirl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Any info why, Munstergirl?

might be that it never even came close to it's reserve price, if the guide price is anything to go by! :eek:

No idea why, just saw it on allsop website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Possible problem with the revenue regarding the licence.

On live95 'lack of interest'.

I thought €395,000 was good price, its huge building but i'm no property developer.

I thought €395,000 was good price, its huge building but i'm no property developer.

The location isn't the best for a building of its size!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

I'd imagine it would be a disaster to do anything with, apart from it's current use, given it protected status!

Would make a nice family home for your man Casey, but probably too small the way he's reproducing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It would be a great property to have as a home!

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    It would be a great property to have as a home!

Definitely!

There's actually a Georgian terrace house right next to the Belltable that's empty. I used to stare out the window of Julie Kilmartin's thinking how class it would be to have a 5 storey building as a house.
    You could have the best house parties and you'd have no neighbours to complain! :P

Leaving Cert procrastination, where would you be without it! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

plus there is an awesome roof terrace on top of the bank! Party at mine later! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

ABEasy wrote: »
    I'd imagine it would be a disaster to do anything with, apart from it's current use, given it protected status!
    Is it just the exterior that has protected status? That wouldn't seem like much of an obstacle if so. Having to keep the entire ground floor (or other floors) in its current condition would be a bit of a problem if anyone wanted to use it for much other than its current setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

understand that there significant internal structure and planning issues

Advertisement