Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Éigse Spiriod Ceilteach Sat 11th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭CuAnnan

Just out of curiosity, is this the kind of event where I am likely to face problems for asserting that historicity and intellectual integrity are not as important as what someone believes, because I really don't want to create a scene by calling the academic validity of someone's argument or for pointing out massive anthropological issues in a line of reasoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

No need to worry, this is not an academic conference! This is a day for people to spend outdoors (weather permitting) for talks and workshops with experienced practitioners in Shamanism, Druidry etc. This is a very practical event and is experiental rather than academic. I'd say that the speakers value accuracy and knowledge too and this day is about sharing knowledge, skills and understanding with people rather than lecturing or patronising them.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭CuAnnan

No need to worry, this is not an academic conference!
    There was no worry. It was a fleeting hope for standards of behaviour that I find both aesthetically and integrally pleasing.
    I'd say that the speakers value accuracy and knowledge too and this day is about sharing knowledge, skills and understanding with people rather than lecturing or patronising them.
    That was incredibly patronising.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

I was just being honest, I can't see what is patronising about that! Anyway, everyone has a chance to respond to the speakers at the end or during the talks if the speaker allows that. There's also a talking circle after all the talks so that everyone can discuss issues brought up in an equal and open environment. I can't speak for each person obviously, but I think that all of the people involved are more interested in sharing knowledge and experience they possess than polishing their egos or imposing their views on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

CMod note:

iPink - please refer to points 7&8 of the charter regarding plugging events.

Dades

Advertisement