Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy MMA - Boards.ie Pool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What would we do though if a new poster wanted to play for the money? I wouldn't want to turn down an extra few quid in the pot.

I was agreeing to this bit :) but just putting it out there that if anyone wanted to do it for money at the next event that I'm all for it. I'd be happy to do €20 - €50 per event.

Didn't think of any noobs :(

50 an event!! The frequency that they've been on lately, no recession in the Rapist household i see ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

scudzilla wrote: »
    Didn't think of any noobs :(

50 an event!! The frequency that they've been on lately, no recession in the Rapist household i see ;)

Haha. Well, I mean, if I was getting schooled week after week I might reassess!

Doesn't have to be for €50, could be for €20 :)

Oh and yea there's no recession here in Malta ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The grand prix would be grand as a side issue thing, but IMO if we're putting 50lids in each gonna have to stick with the league format, people always have a chance to come back, if you lose yer first in the GP then yer out

And why don't ya just come out with it, i'm fcukin great :D:D

Thats what I had in mind. If people want me to run it then let me know soon because I will need to have Franklin -V- Le a tester event (and possibly qualifying event)

If you are doing the betting league, do it on the side. I don't gamble so I certainly wont be participating.

For those still in this - it closes earlier than normal due it being held in Macau.

Get your picks in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Two events this weekend. Don't forget. Get your picks in!

It's nearing the end of the year. As per my previous post, there's an awful lot of you there. What the hell? Shame on you all (except scud ofc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Goin to put in entries for the 1st time for the weekend. It should help me springboard into 2013.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Two events this weekend. Don't forget. Get your picks in!

It's nearing the end of the year. As per my previous post, there's an awful lot of you there. What the hell? Shame on you all (except scud ofc)

Well I haven't played since July so that's my excuse! I'm just waiting for the restart so I can wipe the floor with you all! :D

It was previously discussed that we restart for 2013. I think Leeg17 was the pool admin, but he is no longer with us. Anyone know if we can we reset the current pool or do we need to start a new one?

If anybody is interested in this, I can't recommend it enough. I don't bet on sports and never did any fantasy-type league before this, but I found this to be great fun. It makes each event a bit more exciting and if you're willing to do a little research before making picks, it helps to become familiar with some of the more unknown undercard fighters.

Yea I think we're calling UFC 155 the last event as far as I know. Then picking it back up for Bisping v Belfort.

It was previously discussed that we restart for 2013. I think Leeg17 was the pool admin, but he is no longer with us. Anyone know if we can we reset the current pool or do we need to start a new one?

Yeah I was talking to him recently and he said he can reset it when we want to restart it.
    I missed out on 2 or 3 events due to holidays this year so I'd like to get involved in it again when it restarts.

• Advertisement

Dean09 wrote: »
    Yeah I was talking to him recently and he said he can reset it when we want to restart it.
    I missed out on 2 or 3 events due to holidays this year so I'd like to get involved in it again when it restarts.

yeah yeah yeah, just admit it, i'm fcukin awesome :P

yeah yeah yeah, just admit it, i'm fcukin awesome :P
    NEVER!!! :D

There ya go, i didn't do the Smashes event so now only 40 points seperate me and Lord Chessington, makes it more interesting i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Dean09 wrote: »

90% sure I can, if not it only takes 2 minutes to set up a new league/password.

Are we kinda agreed on the reset after the JDS event so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

90% sure I can, if not it only takes 2 minutes to set up a new league/password.

Are we kinda agreed on the reset after the JDS event so?
    Yeah.
    Gives people who missed the start or missed a lot of games a chance to get back into it.

It never saved my TUF 16 picks :(

Looks like we had no choice in this in the end. Saves me the hassle of setting up a new league :)

9d7abe6228f61c0490c84f7e5d2f9bdc.png?1356835532

0dc7456c1437be4c574462c8c250b0ac.png
    e619fb194113a9f50911c80f7b2634b2.png

Lord Chessington, Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Scud, if you made picks for the event before last you could have kept top spot :pac:

As mentioned a while ago, scores reset tomorrow. Was fun :)

tumblr_lzcw59BtyK1r3gvf0o1_250.gif

tumblr_lzcw59BtyK1r3gvf0o1_250.gif

Hahaha, nice one, knew missing that 'Smashes' would cost me

Looking at the scores though, i think Mellor would have taken us both, he was around 4 events down and around 2,000 point behind

• Advertisement

Hahaha, nice one, knew missing that 'Smashes' would cost me

Looking at the scores though, i think Mellor would have taken us both, he was around 4 events down and around 2,000 point behind

It would of been close alright. My correct pick % was the highest at 66%, but my perfect wasn't too high.

was good craic and i'm looking forward to 2013

Happy with 4th. Could have been a closer battle for 3rd if my picks saved. Ah we'll, I'll just have to win the next!

Even though I admittedly poxed the fantasy league, I've decided to start playing with MMA accumulators. I've never placed sports bets before, so one year from now I'll be trying to sell a kidney

Can't wait already.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Is there a new pool for 13?

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Is there a new pool for 13?
    Same pool, scores reset to zero now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Really annoyed I didn't get in on this last year. Can't wait for it this year. Is it the boards league just UFC events? They're looking for Strikeforce picks? Do they do other events, Bellator? Cage Warriors etc?

Xlami wrote: »
    Really annoyed I didn't get in on this last year. Can't wait for it this year. Is it the boards league just UFC events? They're looking for Strikeforce picks? Do they do other events, Bellator? Cage Warriors etc?

What we did was just include the events that Sherdog included (Which was limited to UFC and Strikeforce, I think!), reason being that all it took was one person to do the SF event and anyone that stuck to UFC was at a disadvantage.

Anyways, the points reset today. Tied #1 spot for the first and last time :p

10th place. Not bad considering I had 222 picks.

• Advertisement

Whats the pool name and password?

Advertisement