Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy MMA - Boards.ie Pool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Done my picks but will change the odd one on Friday, depending on weigh ins.

Biggest upset i've gone for is a Che Mills win, i really think he'll win by KO/TKo in the 1st. He's highly underated by the Yanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

scudzilla wrote: »

Biggest upset i've gone for is a Che Mills win, i really think he'll win by KO/TKo in the 1st. He's highly underated by the Yanks.

Underrated yes but it could be a very close fight. McDonald is being hailed as one of the next big fighters, if Che gets the better of him he will gain massive momentum. Hard pick at the moment Che is edging it, also wait to see how they look at weigh in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I got 10/12 but i'm last?

This game has me confused! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

MrStuffins wrote: »

I got 9/12 and was first.

Did you use your boosts? They would have given ya 5/600 extra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

It has you in the right 11th place now, 810 points.

• Advertisement

I want Che Mills to win too. I stopped rooting for Macdonald when he changed his name to Ares from The Waterboy. He seems really arrogant and needs to be taken down a peg or two, has a great career ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I want Che Mills to win too. I stopped rooting for Macdonald when he changed his name to Ares from The Waterboy. He seems really arrogant and needs to be taken down a peg or two, has a great career ahead of him.

I don't see why people tend to have a problem with fighters being a bit cocky.

To be able to get into a cage with another man and fight him until one of you in rendered unable to continue, you need a bit of confidence! People say they're the best in the world all the time. A lot of them really need to believe their own bullsh*t just to be able to get in there!

I also find that people tend to pick and choose which kinds of confidence they like. BJ Penn says "I only wanna go down as the best ever, is that too much to ask?" and he's a legend! McDonald changes his name from a self-depricating one to a more appropriate one and it's a reason to stop rooting for him

(Not having a go at you Joe, just making the comparison)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Agggh, my picks last week didn't save either....better just get them all right this week!

I also find that people tend to pick and choose which kinds of confidence they like. BJ Penn says "I only wanna go down as the best ever, is that too much to ask?" and he's a legend! McDonald changes his name from a self-depricating one to a more appropriate one and it's a reason to stop rooting for him

(Not having a go at you Joe, just making the comparison)

Ah yeah no bother at all :) but I liked The Waterboy it was an awesome nickname that fitted him well, unassuming young guy suplexing people left and right changed to the name of an ancient god that Canadians/Mike Goldberg can't pronounce. And my main reason to stop rooting for him was losing money on Nate Diaz beating him and watching him slam dunk him about 3 times accumulator down the drain :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's because you only used one boost out of an available 6

• Advertisement

Only used two boosts this week so far, a lot of fights that could go either way I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dafee

In! This should be fun! Better late than never :)
    scudzilla wrote: »

I agree he underrated is but be careful not to overrate him as a European too. His striking is great but I'm pretty confident he will be taken down and subbed in the first round by Rory.

Rory really is nasty and something very, very special. Think about where Condit is now then think about the fight with Rory. He was 10 seconds away from losing a decision to Rory before stopping him. And even that was a totally different version than he is today. When a fighter is that young they grow leaps and bounds between fights. I'd bet the house on Rory if he and Condit fought today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Only saw this thread while browsing after the first fight on the Sweden card but I'm all in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Patrick Quinn

just join there now name is Patrick Quinn same as on here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Seeing as the picks can't be changed (not that anyone would want to copy my guesses :pac:), I figured I'd post em up for the craic.

1-3.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    3-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

A boost and all for Rashad, Cereal? U must be feeling lucky!!!

Dean09 wrote: »
    A boost and all for Rashatd ,cereal? U must be feeling lucky!!!

Ah I posted about it earlier in the thread. Just giving myself an extra reason to root against Jones. The money will be on him though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Bottom of the table, may lay off the boosts next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

This in unbelievable, 2 weeks and and I am still in a Champions League spot!! :D

Top of the league, but nothing in it for the top 7. Was going to change to Jones but heart choose evans earlier. Scored Hominik as a win to him so could have been better.

• Advertisement

Hominick, Torres and Schuab let me down :(
    Rothwell looked great last night, if I'd known he'd gone on a career changing diet it would've been nice. Mike McDonald is the real deal and Hominick needs to move to Tristar imo, ever since Tompkins passed he's not been the same.

1211a.png
    . 12222m.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i fail so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Leeg17 wrote: »
    leaderboard

I'm calling that joint first place :P

I'm calling that joint first place :P

I didn't realise how tight it was between the first 7 people :eek:

(gis your picks for next time there Doc ;))

Surprisingly enough I had a shocker :pac: dropped a bunch of points last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Not a great event for me, slipped out of the top ten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

Yes! Top of the second tier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm just happy I didn't finish last!

• Advertisement

Up 3 places..

em_milhouse.jpg

Advertisement