Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy MMA - Boards.ie Pool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Guys can someone confirm if we are sticking to just UFC picks?

Thats what I thought?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Guys can someone confirm if we are sticking to just UFC picks?

I've made SF picks on the basis of the below.
    Ah feckit, I'm gonna start and make predictions. Many names I have never heard of, so will be following the % pattern for most of them
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    We kind of agreed to include SF in it too?

Multiple guess it is :p
    No point not including Strikeforce, only takes one person to ruin it.
    Going to make my picks now.
    Dean09 wrote: »
    Stuck my picks in there. May aswell do the Strikeforce ones too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ya I kinda made rushed picks(all ko's) based on 4 or 5 ppl saying they were doing SF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Roar wrote: »
    Thats what I thought?

I wouldn't have minded sticking to just UFC, given that it's probably what most people are knowledgeable (to some extent :pac:), but as was mentioned it only takes one person to not read the thread to screw up the league for the other 25..

I wouldn't have minded sticking to just UFC, given that it's probably what most people are knowledgeable (to some extent :pac:), but as was mentioned it only takes one person to not read the thread to screw up the league for the other 25..

We could use this event as a 1 off? maybe have a group concensus after,I would have prefered to stay to ufc only too

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have minded sticking to just UFC, given that it's probably what most people are knowledgeable (to some extent pac:), but as was mentioned it only takes one person to not read the thread to screw up the league for the other 25..

We could use this event as a 1 off? maybe have a group concensus after,I would have prefered to stay to ufc only too

Thats a good idea actually.

Just to confirm SF is on for this weeks picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I don't mind what we do either way, but since it's the MMA fantasy league and not the UFC fantasy league, I just assumed we were playing every event. I follow all mma anyway so it's not just the UFC I focus on.
    Even if we do agree to stick to UFC only though, as was said it only takes one person to confuse the results.
    By the way, how long does this run for?

There's no end as far as I know, we can just decide if we want to end it before the Hendo vs. Jones event in Sept (for example!) and then just create a new league with a new password to reset the points.

Don't mind either way, we'll go with the majority.

There's no end as far as I know, we can just decide if we want to end it before the Hendo vs. Jones event in Sept (for example!) and then just create a new league with a new password to reset the points.

Don't mind either way, we'll go with the majority.
    Ok cool.
    Well maybe if we use this event as the test and if too many people didn't make picks on it, then we reset it and start again with only UFC events?

Ok cool.
    Well maybe if we use this event as the test and if too many people didn't make picks on it, then we reset it and start again with only UFC events?

I'm easy (that's what she said, wahey :pac:)

Can do whatever people choose..

• Advertisement

Ok cool.

What and give Lee a chance to get within sniffing distance of victory.... Yea. Right!

:p

Shít, it never left my grasp.

>_>

Ok cool.

What and give Lee a chance to get within sniffing distance of victory.... Yea. Right!

:p

Fcuk that, I'm tryin to give myself a chance here! Have you seen my results?!!

Fcuk that, I'm tryin to give myself a chance here! Have you seen my results?!!

Ah sure ya just need a lucky random pick week like me :) I'm sure I'll get crippled with the SF!

Ah sure ya just need a lucky random pick week like me :) I'm sure I'll get crippled with the SF!

I didn't even look at mine,split them all between ko's and decisions lol

Went up 5 places :D
    Had both Main events Cormier and Melendez as decisions and boosted them
    :cool:
    Sickened at Thomson getting robbed though, even though I had Melendez on this I still scored it Thomson.

I didn't do too bad this time. 5/9 correct. 1 perfect. Got 3/4 boosts right aswell.
    Moved up a place or two.

Did fairly rubbish in this as expected. Scoring 390 points. -50 twice from 2 incorrect boosts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Completely forgot that this included SF cards! Ah well, I don't think I'll be winning this anytime soon anyway!

UFC 146 Fight picks are now open.

• Advertisement

UFC 146 Fight picks are now open.

Come at me bro. :cool:

Come at me bro. :cool:

I should be the one saying that seeing as you're trailing in my dust as I reach the top spot...

So yea, Come at me bro! :cool:

*ankle tap*

Suckaaaa

Looking at the picks there for 146 and it's a class card even with all the changes. From top to bottom there's great guys in great match-ups and they're all exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Was away from PC last week. Annoyed I missed the SF card.

Just did this weeks pics, looks like a great card. Lots of KOs and few decisions.
    Knock out of the night should be bumped to 100k for this :D

Just did my picks for this now.
    There was a few fights where I found it hard to pick a winner. I have a feeling that'll come back to bite me!
    I went against the grain and picked Dolloway over Mayhem. I just thimk Mayhems performance was so poor against Bisping and if he comes out like that again I think he's in trouble. I like Mayhem and I'd be happy if he wins but I just think Dolloway will beat him.
    I bet I'll regret that one! :D

Must have changed around 4 picks since last week. Didn't know Del Rosario was in a bad car accident where he herniated some vertebrae. That'll scare me off ever since Carwin's downward spiral.
    Changed to Struve by Sub aswell because we all know it's going to happen, guy nearly got subbed by Pat Barry ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

Really good week last week... Think when Cormier makes the switch to the UFC he will be a serious force to be reckoned with.

This week its like KO central for my picks, guaranteed there won't be a single knock out all night though!

Hardy to win as he is fighting for his career. Looking forward to seeing Brandao in the cage again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Let's hope this week is better than my SF fiasco last week :)

• Advertisement

Somehow I've Volkmann to win by KO in the 1st :confused:

He's never KO'd anyone! How the fook did that happen!?

Advertisement