Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bmw 330

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3029655

Last two previous owners of this car are members of www.bmw-driver.net.
    Very well looked after car, had the pleasure of taking it for a spin myself, it's sweet.

I have some more pics of this car if you want it pm me your email address and I will send them into you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

mrs crilly wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3029655

Last two previous owners of this car are members of www.bmw-driver.net.
    Very well looked after car, had the pleasure of taking it for a spin myself, it's sweet.

I have some more pics of this car if you want it pm me your email address and I will send them into you.
    I like the idea that it belonged to bmw club members,but price is a bit steep for the mileage,and looking for black one :o,can you supply info about weak points on these cars and what to look out for when inspecting one,like oil burning or abusing.And other things that cant be noticed easily.

scamalert wrote: »
    I like the idea that it belonged to bmw club members,but price is a bit steep for the mileage,and looking for black one :o,can you supply info about weak points on these cars and what to look out for when inspecting one,like oil burning or abusing.And other things that cant be noticed easily.

I am afraid my technical knowledge is limited when it comes to cars sorry mate, you better throwing a post up on driver ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

that will change as you try to keep it clean and wash it every 29 monutes and notice every singe mark on it :D

My GF had a black civic from new for 6 years, and i swore i would never nevr buy a black car :mad:

Plus silver is sweet when its sparkling! Of course i would say that! I would rather by the wrong colour car with the right service history as well. That silver one has been very well looked after. In fact spoilt rotten!

• Advertisement

So many people here with knowledge of bmws and yet not a single suggestion what to look on such models when buying :(

So many people here with knowledge of bmws and yet not a single suggestion what to look on such models when buying :(

You've used the search function I take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Op is it a 330ci you are looking for? what is your budget? weakish points can be cooling system (but this is not specific to the E46) it is good practice to replace at 100k ish miles, ofcourse the usual wear and tear items like bushings etc may require attention. the 4 cylinder valvetronics can be problematic, if you - i would get an msport, with leather and mfsw, climate control also preferable, facelift also preferable. Below are 2 stunning examples!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/325-CI-E/201211207344883/advert?channel=CARS

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/330-CI-E/413256661154400/advert?channel=CARS

there is a €385 gap in tax between the 325 and 330. the gap between the 320ci and 325ci is a little over €100 and for this your getting an extra 25bhp... Out of interest, what car are you driving now?

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Op is it a 330ci you are looking for? what is your budget? weakish points can be cooling system (but this is not specific to the E46) it is good practice to replace at 100k ish miles, ofcourse the usual wear and tear items like bushings etc may require attention. the 4 cylinder valvetronics can be problematic, if you - i would get an msport, with leather and mfsw, climate control also preferable, facelift also preferable. Below are 2 stunning examples!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/325-CI-E/201211207344883/advert?channel=CARS

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/330-CI-E/413256661154400/advert?channel=CARS

there is a €385 gap in tax between the 325 and 330. the gap between the 320ci and 325ci is a little over €100 and for this your getting an extra 25bhp... Out of interest, what car are you driving now?
    driving mazda 323f 2002 hatch 1.3l :) age 25,would be looking to buy under parents name and get open driving policy or named driver.my budget is 5k.

if you budget is 5k, you sure you want to spend €1390 a year in tax? also how many miles do you drive p.a? Like if you really want the 330ci, id strecth your budget a bit for the black one i linked to... have you driven a 325ci or 330ci? its one hell of a leap you are taking from the 323!

• Advertisement

insurance and tax costs as my calculation go would be around 250e a month,that i can afford,only not sure what does it cost to get open policy for that sort of engine on insurance,as so far online quotes are giving results from 300e to 2k :pac: and no mention of open policy online.So gonna do homework hopefully today visiting few branches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

While your mother may be able to insure a 330i, the insurance company may have limitations as to engine size/bhp that they will allow a named driver to be put on her policy. They put these restrictions in place as they are wise to people getting insurance on powerful cars under a named driver policy. Verify this before going out and buying a car.

op try nononsense and 123.ie... i concur with the above post, dont go buy a car only to find out you cant get insured or will be fleeced!

Op below is another good one, bear in mind the that cost isnt per se the headline cost, its the depreciation...

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/325-CI-M/201209207120951/advert?channel=CARS

below is a stunning 5 series m sport at a fantastic price, but i think it may be about to go sale agreed!!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3064822

tint the windows and throw in white angel eyes and you have an even bigger stunner than it already is!

Op below is another good one, bear in mind the that cost isnt per se the headline cost, its the depreciation...

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/325-CI-M/201209207120951/advert?channel=CARS
    yes nice find,before i buy some time might pass as my family insurance is due in September then extra years and bonuses gonna be added so dreams might have to wait :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

OP how many insurers/brokers have you been in touch with? I've spent the last 2 days search/calling for quotes on performance orientated cars and it was only this morning that I found a great deal. You really have to put in the hours shopping around, but it does pay off.

OP how many insurers/brokers have you been in touch with? I've spent the last 2 days search/calling for quotes on performance orientated cars and it was only this morning that I found a great deal. You really have to put in the hours shopping around, but it does pay off.
    mind sharing the company ? and some of your details,age or what way insured.

Got a quote through AON, underwriter was AXA.
    Car:Focus ST170
    Cover:Fully Comp €1050
    NCB:2 years (no claims at all)

Alanstrainor, did you try 123.ie? my bro is named driver on parents policy and he found them alot cheaper than others he tried....

• Advertisement

Alanstrainor, did you try 123.ie? my bro is named driver on parents policy and he found them alot cheaper than others he tried....

sure did and they came in at 1200 for tpft with a 450 excess! The fully comp cover was over 1700 too.

Sorry OP didn't mean to derail this thread.

sure did and they came in at 1200 for tpft with a 450 excess! The fully comp cover was over 1700 too.

Sorry OP didn't mean to derail this thread.
    mine came in €1,354.60for third party 25year old, for 3l engine and 2y ncb no claims etc.but i reckon if going ahead with sending more details to them it would triple in total :]

mine came in €1,354.60for third party 25year old, for 3l engine and 2y ncb no claims etc.but i reckon if going ahead with sending more details to them it would triple in total :]
    as for i think it was nononsence.ie i entered main details on front page got quote for 250 third party&theft:D you press proceed with card details suddenly ,sorry we cant insure you because of the following ten reasons :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I too drove that silver 330ci Clubsport. It was owned by a real car guy who put a hell of a lot of money into it.

You won't get better car for your money, seriously, and it's a Clubsport, different front bumper, exclusive clubsport only wheels, door sills, diffuser, dashboard dials etc

It's a lovely machine, I should know I had an identical black one that I sold to a guy on BMW drivers.net

Buy it op, you won't regret it

below is a stunning 5 series m sport at a fantastic price, but i think it may be about to go sale agreed!!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3064822

tint the windows and throw in white angel eyes and you have an even bigger stunner than it already is!
    thats a stunning example any more similar 5 series that i could check out that would be worth attention under 4k price that would be decent looked after.thx ?

Advertisement