Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamic ip address on eircom

Options
  • 07-04-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,338 ✭✭✭✭

So I just downloaded new firmware on my tp link router and can't get on the Internet, I think the fault is that it needs some details from me like VPl: and VCl: and connection type ie is it 1483 bridged ip LLC or 1483 bridged ip vc mux or 1483 routed ip LLC (lpoa) or 1483 routed ip mux

so any help please

edit

I think mI may have gotten it Iv used

ncapsulation: RFC 2516 PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC
    Qos: UBR
    Pcr Rate: 0
    Scr Rate: 0
    Autodetect: Disable
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Enable: Yes

Is that right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

l have no clue about such technical stuff sorry l can't help but l am curious as to why you updated the FW ? was the router giving you issues ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Headshot wrote: »
    So I just downloaded new firmware on my tp link router and can't get on the Internet, I think the fault is that it needs some details from me like VPl: and VCl: and connection type ie is it 1483 bridged ip LLC or 1483 bridged ip vc mux or 1483 routed ip LLC (lpoa) or 1483 routed ip mux

so any help please

edit

I think mI may have gotten it Iv used

ncapsulation: RFC 2516 PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC
    Qos: UBR
    Pcr Rate: 0
    Scr Rate: 0
    Autodetect: Disable
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Enable: Yes

Is that right?

Hi Headshot,

Have checked the settings as best I could with our support team and they indicated that they look correct. I note you are using a third party modem but this should not affect the values you need to enter. The VPI and VCI are correct, the others are not something we would normally deal with. Have you had any further issues since the last edit? With this one I can only advise you to direct any further queries to technical support directly on 1890 260 260 as they would have more experience with the detailed settings. Also, see this link for setting up third party modems, but I think you have gone past this stage already: http://bit.ly/HuRylC

Cheers

James (logged in as Mark)

Advertisement