Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chocolate

• 07-04-2012 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I fupping love it! And in 4 minutes I can eat it again- gave it up and it brought me nothing but misery and I didn't lose any weight :(

Who else loves chocolate?

And never mind your 80% cocoa stuff, cadbury ftw!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

To be a proper catholic you have to take into account the time change for BST before you finish lent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

efb wrote: »
    Who else lose chocolate?
    Once.

Then I found it again, so it all turned out okay in the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

To be a proper catholic you have to take into account the time change for BST before you finish lent

And an extra day if you ate meat on Ash Wednesday. If you ate meat on Good Friday, you have to start lent all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Once.

Then I found it again, so it all turned out okay in the end.
    That could have been awful. Glad it worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fup religion - just needed to cut back- and lose weight, didn't work!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Fup religion - just needed to cut back- and lose weight, didn't work!

Going back on the chocolate won't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

...o rly?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17511011

might make me happier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Love chocolate. I love it soooooooo much I didn't even give it up for Lent.

I think OP if you truly loved chocolate you would never have given it up for forty days AND nights. I declare you a fairweather chocolate lover. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I fupping love it! And in 4 minutes I can eat it again- gave it up and it brought me nothing but misery and I didn't lose any weight :(

Who else loves chocolate?

And never mind your 80% cocoa stuff, cadbury ftw!!!

Congrats......I tried giving it up for lent but failed miserably.....((Well, I got over half way, i think)) :rolleyes::rolleyes::o:o

• Advertisement

I think OP if you truly loved chocolate you would never have given it up for forty days AND nights. I declare you a fairweather chocolate lover. :mad:

tell that to my therapist!!!

pastries just don't cut it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

I gave up chocolate for two weeks and couldn't survive any longer without it. Gimme a stick of Twirl with the ends bitten off, and I'll use it to suck my tea through... chocolately bliss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

I ate 12 creme eggs yesterday.

2400 calories of gooey goodness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Get about 30g 70%+ dark chocolate, a pinch of salt, a couple of table spoons of honey, melt in a double boiler and stir in about 50ml warm cream and bang, epic chocolate sauce.

Add bananas and ice cream for serious banana split.

No need to thank me. You earned it.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I basically got what may be described as a ****ing huge basket of chocolate off my bf for easter. My reaction to that much chocolate.......I laughed uncontrollably for a while banging my head off the table but not saying anything, then I cried, yes literally :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Good for your soul, bad for your hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I basically got what may be described as a ****ing huge basket of chocolate off my bf for easter. My reaction to that much chocolate.......I laughed uncontrollably for a while banging my head off the table but not saying anything, then I cried, yes literally :pac:

You can't handle the chocolate!!

Give it to me. Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Lent is finished.....

Death by chocolate!!

I will enjoy slowly, with lust, a triple chocolate muffin

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭policarp

Looks like schite
    but tastes better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Why would you not just eat some chocolate if giving it up made you miserable?

I don't understand - if you don't want to give something up, no-one is forcing you :confused:

Surely even if you cite religion then you would not be miserable but infused with calm and serenity from high above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Y'see that's what I would have said.

Choco

*parboils carrots*

\ in a lonely saucepan (dries tears) with a couple of leeks.

Bastard.

*sniff*

\ adds cream

*Whisks disconsolately*

Dropping consistency?

*bawls*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

As long as there are desserts I can live without chocolate... but then again Tesco triple choc cookies...? I prefer that world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Lindt FTW :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm demolishing eggs as I speak. Yum Yum, Mars 'the egg' is my favourite.:)

Dudess wrote: »
    As long as there are desserts I can live without chocolate... but then again Tesco triple choc cookies...? I prefer that world.

Aah, y'd think so missus, but that sticky toffee pudding is politically illiterate!...... has no sense of humour....

....and obviously couldn't give you a game...., "Y'Langer".:pac::p

*tucks into spiced beef sambo*

Jezek wrote: »
    Why would you not just eat some chocolate if giving it up made you miserable?

I don't understand - if you don't want to give something up, no-one is forcing you :confused:

Surely even if you cite religion then you would not be miserable but infused with calm and serenity from high above

Have you ever tried to give up smoking,failed, after four days, and then got the high of abstention relieved?

Best. Smoke. Ever.

Chocolate aside, (Burn him,burn him he's a witch), are there no fans of lemon cheesecake?

It's my fave.......

.....obviously drenched in chocolate sauce!

*rolls in the (lemon)grass*

"I was only joking. I can't stand chocolate sauce."

\ mounts broomstick

And an extra day if you ate meat on Ash Wednesday. If you ate meat on Good Friday, you have to start lent all over again.

Aah bollix! You're fcuking joking.No fair.

*puts stuff back in the press resentfully*

\ awaits March 17, 2013*

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I pointed out the egg I wanted from my bf in January and he left it til yesterday, asked me if I'd buy it for myself coz he was out in the countryside, and there was nothing left.. NOTHING!!

So he says he got me a surprise.. Why am I ok with that? Id already gotten myself one.. Heehee!!

But chocolate lovers, you need to try Tesco branded Mississippi Mud Pie... Jesus it's amazing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Just put it in my mouth... there is no time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Yeah, as long as there are baked goods in the world, I can do without chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'm a Milka & Kinder man. Oh yes.

I haven't had chocolate in weeks and I can't believe I've no interest in having any today. There is something seriously wrong with me!

I decided last night I'd treat myself to some microwave popcorn, got home and remembered I've no microwave. Doh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Dark chocolate ftw

White chocolate is evil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

--LOS-- wrote: »

:):pac:

I think that's the reaction every guy hopes for when getting a gift for their girlfriend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have already eaten more chocolate this morning than i have for the year to date. And i didnt give anything up for lent.

I feel sick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Flojo wrote: »
    Just put it in my mouth... there is no time!!

That looks sooo bad being the first post on the page........

Still though gave me a laugh anyway!!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I lurrrves it! yum! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Couldn't be arsed with chocolate.

Spuds are where it's at.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=37971008

• Advertisement
Advertisement