Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

miniature horse on grass

Options
  • 07-04-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi wonder if any of you can give some advice. I have a 4 year old miniature which is currently out on grass with his 1 year old 'friend' (not a miniature). We have been advised to take him off the grass and just let him out for an hour a day as miniatures are prone to laminitis. We do have an area that is not grassed that he could go in. This is where i need advice. Of course if it is in his best interest then i will take him off the grass but the soft side of me does feel it is harsh to separate him from his friend. If i do take him off the grass will he need any alternative feed? he was kept out all summer last year and was fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Advertisement