Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mystery male underpants

• 08-04-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Right. So I just collected my laundry from the communal laundry area of the house of flats I live in. It seems I have a acquired a new pair of male underpants..

Now, I had to sort through my laundry when it came out of the washing machine an hour ago, to decide which were tumble dryer friendly or not. (Actually I dont like to use the tumble dryer so the only things I put in are big sheets and the like).

By the way, I thoroughly preinspected the tumble dryer area, even going so far as emptying out the filter.

Anyhows, despite this inspection, it seems I am now the proud owner of a pair of male underpants.
    They are not pretty, nonetheless, should I offer them for sale on adverts.or raffle them amongst AH contenders?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

So tonight we have missing tampons, keys, underpants and a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

Badhb wrote: »
    Right. So I just collected my laundry from the communal laundry area of the house of flats I live in. It seems I have a acquired a new pair of male underpants..

Now, I had to sort through my laundry when it came out of the washing machine an hour ago, to decide which were tumble dryer friendly or not. (Actually I dont like to use the tumble dryer so the only things I put in are big sheets and the like).

Anyhows, despite this inspection, it seems I am now the proud owner of a pair of male underpants.
    They are not pretty, nonetheless, should I offer them for sale on adverts.or raffle them amongst AH contenders?

Fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Some sort of sexual deviant is on the loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ManTheSam

Wait, so you HAVEN'T tasted them yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Some poor unfortunate has to go commando because of you, I hope you're happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Your life is more exciting than mine. I'm sitting here watching a catholic priest touch a child live on RTE 1. I need those under-crackers to dry my tears. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

You need to put up a sign in the laundry room.
    'Have you recently lost your underpants?'
    Maybe a pic. Then your phone number, so the owner can contact you to arrange em... whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Post a pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Johro wrote: »
    You need to put up a sign in the laundry room.
    'Have you recently lost your underpants?'
    Maybe a pic. Then your phone number, so the owner can contact you to arrange em... whatever.

Get a brown marker first and draw a few skid marks. You'll mortify the poor fcuker. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

right you may all laugh. But they are on my indoor clothes horse right now.
    Why? I don't know. I should have left them where they were. Now I have brought them inside with the rest of my laundry I am somehow part of this.

What the hell do I do now?Spirit them back to the scene of the tumble dryer crime freshly laundered?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Put a sign up

Lost: Pair of man's underpants.

You may recognise them by their distinct yellow front and brown back.

Why? I don't know. I should have left them where they were. Now I have brought them inside with the rest of my laundry I am somehow part of this.

What the hell do I do now?Spirit them back to the scene of the tumble dryer crime freshly laundered?

Your trying way to hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

It's too late. They're yours now. Forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

God... wrote: »
    Your trying way to hard.

Unlike some...

Ní féidir an rud céanna a rá faoi gach duine...

Just jump out the window head first, you'll be grand. Problem sorted.

Your trying way to hard.

Who are YOU to judge? Think yer god or something?

By the way, the check yer pantheons of gods and goddesses, I was around long before u. So there. Of course I am an atheist, so that is rather academic... anyway back to the underpants...are they yours??

Who are YOU to judge? Think yer god or something?

By the way, the check yer pantheons of gods and goddesses, I was around long before u. So there. Of course I am an atheist, so that is rather academic... anyway back to the underpants...are they yours??

Have they ****e stains??

Have they ****e stains??

Oh. So they are yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

;) Are they worth collecting.

First I think we need to know whether you're hot and if this is likely to turn into some sort of Cinderella story?

Caithfimid fáil amach ar dtús an bhfuil tú dathúil agus má tá seans ann go gcríochnóidh an scéal seo ar nós Cinderella?

• Advertisement

Oh. So they are yours.

Well.... there is a chance!

Ficheall wrote: »
    First I think we need to know whether you're hot and if this is likely to turn into some sort of Cinderella story?

Caithfimid fáil amach ar dtús an bhfuil tú dathúil agus má tá seans ann go gcríochnóidh an scéal seo ar nós Cinderella?

So you watching RTÉ Bród Club with Bernard Dunne or just showing off?

I

Níl aon scéal Cinderella ar siúl anseo anseo, buster. An bhfuil tú daithiúl tú fhéin ar chor ar bith? Níl tú aon rud ach cluiche ach is féidir liom cur eagla an domhan i croí fir na h-éairann.

Ok maybe incorrect gaeilge, but I am not in the mood for red herrings on my hunt for the owner of these underpants.

I

Níl aon scéal Cinderella ar siúl anseo anseo, buster. An bhfuil tú daithiúl tú fhéin ar chor ar bith? Níl tú aon rud ach cluiche ach is féidir liom cur eagla an domhan i croí fir na h-éairann.

Ok maybe incorrect gaeilge, but I am not in the mood for red herrings on my hunt for the owner of these underpants.

My hero.

So you watching RTÉ Bród Club with Bernard Dunne or just showing off?

Who on earth is Bernard Dunne?

Cé hé Bernard Dunne?

Who on earth is Bernard Dunne?

Cé hé Bernard Dunne?

Irelands last "world" boxing title holder.

Irelands last "world" boxing title holder.

In fairness he is rather hot..maybe..no that would be impossible.

No. I'd actually be a happy woman to close thread here.
    What a lovely thought. Bernard Dunne suddenly made it happen that his underpants ended up in my laundry,
    Definitely brionglóidí maithe. (Sweet Dreams).

I

Níl sé sin comh suimúil. 'gus táim fíor-dhathúil, cinnte. Nílim iomlán cinnte an bhfuil tú ag déanamh tagairt do m-ainm sa dara chuid, nó ag léiriú nach bhfuil am agat chun cluichí a h-imirt, ach tar éis an rabhadh sin, táim lán-sásta gan dul i mbealach ort :pac:

That's not as interesting then. And aye, I'm terribly dathúil, sure. I'm not sure if, in the second part, you're making reference to my name or suggesting you don't have time for playing games, but after your warning, I'll be sure not to get in the way of your quest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

A gaelic underpants thread. How innovative

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

If you were a man, that question would be far easier to answer. Though you wouldn't have actually asked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

sounds like a good night out.

Nodin wrote: »
    If you were a man, that question would be far easier to answer. Though you wouldn't have actually asked it.

Would ya ever feck off with that nonsense. I am off to me leaba with sweet briongloidí of Bernard Dunne, and you are just jealous. So there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Unlike some...

Ní féidir an rud céanna a rá faoi gach duine...

Exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself. For the benefit of those who don't speak Irish, the poster said "People who speak Irish never change their underwear as they're stuck in the past. And their underwear."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Would ya ever feck off with that nonsense. I am off to me leaba with sweet briongloidí of Bernard Dunne, and you are just jealous. So there!

Much though I'd admired Mr Dunnes boxing skills, I can't say he'd tempt me to change teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭policarp

I would say check them for contents or phone numbers.
    Could be a ransome note in disguise. . .

• Advertisement
Advertisement