Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Grease?

Options
  • 08-04-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hey all, just a quick one, in middle of gearbox strip on my G36c, trying to resolve sluggish trigger (found contacts very dirty with scorching) and as i put it back together was wondering if i could use vaseline as a sub for the normal, as i dont have any? I do have normal HD axle grease and CV joint grease in my garage, but think Vaseline has better properties?

Any idea?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

u could be better off with new contacts wyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

$kilkenny wrote: »
    u could be better off with new contacts wyn.
    Well the trigger slide contact cleaned up fine but the two thin receiving blades are a bit tatty, then end is missing off one side. Plus also found potential shorting issue so going to resolder and heat shrink the terminals tonight and hopefully rebuild the gun for tomorrows range meet.
    Going to try the Vaseline anyway, it's a brilliant lube ! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Migworks wrote: »
    Well the trigger slide contact cleaned up fine but the two thin receiving blades are a bit tatty, then end is missing off one side. Plus also found potential shorting issue so going to resolder and heat shrink the terminals tonight and hopefully rebuild the gun for tomorrows range meet.
    Going to try the Vaseline anyway, it's a brilliant lube ! Lol

Lithium or silicone grease dude, vaseline aint for mechanical parts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Lithium or silicone grease dude, vaseline aint for mechanical parts!![/Quote]

Cheers might have lithium in the garage will check later. Steep learning curve here!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

if the contact is chipped lithium grease would only be a temporary fix.
    be prepared for it to completely stop :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement