Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night Person, Morning Person

• 08-04-2012 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Its kind of obvious which I am, even if technically this is the morning.

What are you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

night, and into the next morning usually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I'd love to be a night person but I gotta get up in the morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭policarp

Morning grouch.
    Afternoon goon.
    Evening

Morning grouch. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I wish I could shoot mornings, I always hated them, I equally hate going to bed. Its as if I come alive at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I hate mornings so I'm a night person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

night person definitely. can't read during the day, generally feel sleepy during the day, feel more awake once it gets dark generally. but then that may be because my eyes are sensitive to brightness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

I'm really a vampire

That lives on cake

I hate mornings. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I'm just In from the pub.

but a night person like mad even on normal days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'm definitely a little nocturnal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Definitely a night person:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Like to to physical stuff in the AM, mental stuff in the evening and recreational stuff at night, which is to say, I can't think in the morning, don't like to move in the evening and don't like doing either at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i don't speak to any body first thing in the morning for at least an hour i get grumpy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

More fun to be had under the cover of darkness... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Definitely a night person. I'm one of those people who starts assignments at midnight. The birds are usually signing when I go to sleep.

Went through a spell there a while back where I didn't go to sleep before 3 a.m. any night for about a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGJOMdpKX9A

I hate mornings, even after a good night sleep. To much commotion, bustle, its a bit frantic. I prefer nights, go out for a walk at around 10, 11, out in the stars and the quiet, the distant din. Theres magic in the night air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Definitely night. I'll happily study for exams until 4 in the morning and wake up late rather than roll the clock back a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Nights,your missing **** all before 12!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I'm only a night person because I'm used to working evenings, I do love being up at the crack of dawn though it rarely happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Definite night person. Once the gf and the housemates go to bed at around 11pm I get to have me time (time that doesn't involve tugging the balls off meself :pac:)

I sleep about 5 - 6 hours weeknights, work, repeat, and then recharge myself at the weekends with about 8 - 9 hours sleep. Been a routine I've had for years so I've adjusted to it quite nicely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Both, but a bit moreso night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Night, its nearly time for me to crawl back into my coffin. The daylight hurts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Morning all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

It's funny to watch this thread progress from one type of person to the other as time goes on. Still can't sleep. Stupid flu! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Deffo a morning person, always up at 7 wether I'm working or not. And love my nights....Nothing like knowing that you'll shortly be hitting the sheets and letting Mr Sandman into your world and distracting you from the physical wolrd

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Morning person here! I'm so cheery in the mornings, it annoys the crap out of my oh, who is most def a night person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm a morning person and it annoys me! Even when I don't have work or if I'm drinking the night before, I will wake up between 7 - 8 no matter what time I go to sleep at! I just want a bit more sleep. :(

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm a morning person and it annoys me! Even when I don't have work or if I'm drinking the night before, I will wake up between 7 - 8 no matter what time I go to sleep at! I just want a bit more sleep. :(

That is what is happening to me lately. I use to need a big ben sounding alarm to even stir me in the morning and then I would hit the snooze button and eventually get up in a panic to get to work.

These days I am up at 7 to 8 to spite me not getting to bed till around 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I absolutely despise mornings.

Mostly I wake up feeling as if I've been hit in the head with some sort of blunt instrument tbh. I just shower straight after getting up in an attempt to wake me a little, but I usually don't feel fully energised until after 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

triseke wrote: »
    Morning person here! I'm so cheery in the mornings, it annoys the crap out of my oh, who is most def a night person.

Same as! i'm a morning person, wifes a night person. Drive each other mad ;). She still asleep now and i'm up a couple of hours with a few small jobs already done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Somewhere in the middle.

Nothing worse than living with someone who is not a morning person.
    Lived with a Swedish girl for a while, she couldn't even acknowledge anyone in the house until after eleven. Grumpiest puss I have saw on a wan. It is not a good way to be.

Somewhere in the middle.

Nothing worse than living with someone who is not a morning person.
    Lived with a Swedish girl for a while, she couldn't even acknowledge anyone in the house until after eleven. Grumpiest puss I have saw on a wan. It is not a good way to be.

And its the way I am, I think my heart starts beating after my fifth cup of strong tea, then my mood starts to placate.

I can't stand breakfast TV, those chirpy smiley good morning larks of presenters at such an ungodly hour. If I worked there I would machine gun them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

44leto wrote: »
    And its the way I am, I think my heart starts beating after my fifth cup of strong tea, then my mood starts to placate.

I can't stand breakfast TV, those chirpy smiley good morning larks of presenters at such an ungodly hour. If I worked there I would machine gun them.

I would encourage you not to work as a teacher or in a creche :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i dont know any more, last night (the night before last, im confused...) i couldn't sleep untill maybe 7am, and was in bed most of the day. tonight (last night..) i slept a couple of hours, woke at maybe 5 am, got up about half 6

we'll see what happens tomorrow night/ tonight/ today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

“I’m an early bird and I’m a night owl, so I’m wise and have worms.”

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

More person since I started training in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

44leto wrote: »
    I wish I could shoot mornings, I always hated them, I equally hate going to bed. Its as if I come alive at night.
    I've always been the same. Don't like going to bed but hate getting up in the morning with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jellygems

morning person since i had kids, im a grumpy fck tho hate waking so early
    sleeping pass 830 is a lie in for me :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I guess I'm a night person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

More person since I started training in the morning

Youre more human in the morning, well, until you get the bamboo out :p

I'm a morning person. Like fúckin Mary Poppins i am, and i come with pancakes :D

(Not kinky :eek:)

don't come near me if i've recently woken
    grmbl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I'm a morning person definitely, by 7pm I am a total crank but I liven up a bit again once the kids are in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I don't think I'm either, I'm more of an afternoon person?

I thought I slept alot until I ended up with my GF. Crazy bitch will easily go to bed at 00.00 and not wake up until 13.00-14.00 sometimes even 17.00 I cant understand it at all. I can sleep for a good 9-10 hours at most and then I have to get up because I gets hungry.
    If I wasn't around that girl would never leave the ****ing bed!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

themadchef wrote: »
    Youre more human in the morning, well, until you get the bamboo out :p

You told me you don't kiss and tell! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Morning night time, when your an insomniac your never really awake and your never really asleep. Everything's a copy of a copy of a copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Def a morning person, though i think having kids reinforced that, feckers are always up early!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

There's something about afternoons that p1ss me right off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Don't really like mornings, a bit grumpy in the morning and bit of a zombie to be honest. Don't fully wake up till noon so more of an afternoon/evening/night person really! Once I get me my 9-12 hours roughly 10 hours beauty sleep I am ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Night person which means technically morning since I often stay up till all hours, it's not very productive though getting up late and staying up late :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement