Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Gear

• 08-04-2012 3:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Saw a sign in a Lidl oranmore today for bike gear salke from monday. nothing on the website. Not sure if it was for next monday, monday week or whenever, just a heads up its on the way soon.
    Textiles, gloves, leather pants, tank bags, undergarments, socket sets, cheap covers, locks etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Weird. Like you said, nothing on the website. Their gear is pretty decent, especially the likes of the tank bags etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The lycra thermal undergear is good stuff.

paddy147 wrote: »
    The lycra thermal undergear is good stuff.

Yeah, top class. Have a few of those too. Always handy to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Have gone through 2 tank bags in over 2 years of constant use, need another one again. Bust the zips on both of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Nothing in Cellbridge lidl today. Did end up grabbing some tools I don't really need. ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

I read elsewhere it's Mon 16th for the Lidl stuff. Still not on their website though, they don't appear to advertise the offers too far ahead any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Yeah, top class. Have a few of those too. Always handy to have.

+1 for those - need a new pair of bottoms. Bought the biking jacket and trousers last year - not too keen on the jacket bought another in Cotters for little or nothing trousers are grand though.

Although a chap in work said the last batch of biking gear that Lidl has wasn't as good as had been in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Ive been using their jacket for a year now. I like it a lot. Only thing I don't like is that it hasn't got any zips to let in fresh air. Only a few days a year I wished I needed so it's not too bad.

My dog tore apart their gloves. But while I had them they were good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

josh59 wrote: »
    +1 for those - need a new pair of bottoms. Bought the biking jacket and trousers last year - not too keen on the jacket bought another in Cotters for little or nothing trousers are grand though.

Although a chap in work said the last batch of biking gear that Lidl has wasn't as good as had been in the past.

I bought a Jacket last time they had the gear in Lidl, have worn it a few times but prefer my old Belstaff Jacket tbh, only bought the lidl one as it was slightly longer but im so used to the belstaff for silly little things like where the pockets are etc that i rarely wear the other one lol. I liked the B-Square stuff they used to sell, not impressed by the crivit stuff really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Woohoo. Nobody go and buy in lidl in Clonee because I want stock left when I go there!

Haha suckers...it's lidl in Finglas I'll be going to!

Doh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Anyone ever buy the leather trousers? Good, bad or avoid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Anyone ever buy the leather trousers? Good, bad or avoid?

All Lidl, and Aldi, gear meets German TüV standards, they are tougher than most other quality tests/certifications.

A mate used to be a courier and swore by all the Lidl /Aldi gear. He said that the waterproofs don't leak after repeated use, not like some of the top brands which he'd used.

Only thing I wouldn't buy is their helmets. But that's due to handling and/by customers rather than quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Cheers, think I'll check em out, they have changing rooms right! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭navangang

Whats the tank bags like?want to get one for the owl bros.

I have the tank bag - it's not too bad but the zip wouldn't be the strongest.

Have a tank bag a couple of years now. Never any problems with it although I've heard the zips aren't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Ive been using their jacket for a year now. I like it a lot. Only thing I don't like is that it hasn't got any zips to let in fresh air. Only a few days a year I wished I needed so it's not too bad.

My dog tore apart their gloves. But while I had them they were good too.

Actually I think I got my jacket in Aldi. I always get them two confused.

This gear is on sale tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

wats the tank bag like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

It's the same as what was on sale couple of year ago I think. I bought one, but I have nothing else to compare it with.

I was hoping to use it to commute to work with a laptop, but a sticker inside it says keep credit cards etc 15 cms away from the magnets...! Would it wreck the laptops hard disk?

positron wrote: »
    It's the same as what was on sale couple of year ago I think. I bought one, but I have nothing else to compare it with.

I was hoping to use it to commute to work with a laptop, but a sticker inside it says keep credit cards etc 15 cms away from the magnets...! Would it wreck the laptops hard disk?

Yes the bags are good. The magnets wouldn't "wreck" the hard drive, they would erase everything on it. Same with credit cards/atm cards, the magnets will wipe the info on the strip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

The magnets wouldn't "wreck" the hard drive, they would erase everything on it.

Same difference! :o

Having said that, I've goggled a lot on this topic now, and apparently these magnets are not strong enough to wipe or damage any sectors or reader alignment or anything like that, and the hd's own metal casing + the powerful magnet that's on the reader etc are being quoted as reasons / proof. I am a bit nervous, but I might give it a go after taking a hd backup, and if it fails, it would be a good reason to get a solid state drive...!

Same difference! :o

Having said that, I've goggled a lot on this topic now, and apparently these magnets are not strong enough to wipe or damage any sectors or reader alignment or anything like that, and the hd's own metal casing + the powerful magnet that's on the reader etc are being quoted as reasons / proof. I am a bit nervous, but I might give it a go after taking a hd backup, and if it fails, it would be a good reason to get a solid state drive...!

Cool. Likewise, I doubt the magnets would do any harm, but I think they're just covering their arses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I've put my wallet and credit cards in the tank bag and it never damaged them so I'd say you'd be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

if any of ye are living in waterford,lidl dunmore road has last years tank bag for 15 euro and about ten of them there this evening when i was out there for a nosey,,,not as much gear put out this year as compared to previous years i found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

kevin-46 wrote: »
    wats the tank bag like

hold about 12 cans of beer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

put a towel under it

A chap here in work went to get a pair of the boots yesterday morning in Clonee - he was fisrt in the door and they had no boots for sale.

He took a spin to the one in Tyrrelestown and at 8:15 they only had 2 pairs of boots on sale - either the amount of stock was very low or they had put out the stuff on Sunday instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

if any of ye are living in waterford,lidl dunmore road has last years tank bag for 15 euro and about ten of them there this evening when i was out there for a nosey,,,not as much gear put out this year as compared to previous years i found

Still loads their was out this morning. Was going to get one but dont know how id work it with my leather tank cover

Advertisement