Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Gear

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

kevin-46 wrote: »
    put a towel under it

Yep. Just after doing the usual commute with laptop (14 inch is a really tight fit) and various other stuff with the tank bag - everything seems to be working..! The only thing is that the bag isn't a snug fit on the fazer because of the shape of the tank. I hope the magnets holds it down on M1 when it gets really windy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Doylers wrote: »
    Still loads their was out this morning. Was going to get one but dont know how id work it with my leather tank cover

Not well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Anyone know if there's any boots left in Coolock branch?

There's only 3 pairs of size 7's left in Baldoyle, don't know if I'd be arsed taking a trip to Coolock given that there seems to be very little boots around so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Theres some of the Lidl tank bags and bike boots in Bargain Base for 15 euro,

Stinger indeed.

PS-Plenty of jackets,leggings and boots left in Lidl Finglas this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

josh59 wrote: »
    A chap here in work went to get a pair of the boots yesterday morning in Clonee - he was fisrt in the door and they had no boots for sale.

He took a spin to the one in Tyrrelestown and at 8:15 they only had 2 pairs of boots on sale - either the amount of stock was very low or they had put out the stuff on Sunday instead

They got in trouble for doing this in Germany. They now need a certain amount of stock before they can advertise items in Germany, so it'll take about 50 years for us to stop them doing the same.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

15 euro in Bargain Base.

Id hate to be anyone who just paid top dollar in Lidl then.:pac::pac:

Yeah I remember speaking to the man there when they only had the smaller tank bags, he said he will try and get these in, but I never had a chance to visit them since. Shame I paid 30 at Lidl the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Latest bags in lidl seem better than last years. Now have straps to carry them instead if using the loops between the zips. Reckon this is what broke my last ones zips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm just home from Lidl, Baldoyle (Dublin 13) and they seem to still have a full range of everything.

I bought the Cordura trouser's, for €30 they seem half decent.

The suspenders on them seem a little flimsy, and there is no option to remove the knee protector (I tried) but there's a removable liner for summer/warmer weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Garry17

Bought a disc lock at the w'end...gonna have to take it back.
    It's a bitch to open...not opening 8 outta 10 tries.
    Wouldn't like to get stuck with it on the bike

• Advertisement

Garry, probably just a bad copy. I've been using one of those for over a year now, works everytime. And if you use the wrong key, the barrel would still turn, but wouldn't open (One time back from holidays, I spend 15 mins trying to open it with the wrong key before the penny dropped).

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Garry17

positron wrote: »
    Garry, probably just a bad copy. I've been using one of those for over a year now, works everytime. And if you use the wrong key, the barrel would still turn, but wouldn't open (One time back from holidays, I spend 15 mins trying to open it with the wrong key before the penny dropped).

Took it back at lunchtime today...they swapped it no problem (didn't even look at it). New one works perfectly but I think I'll giv e the barrell a good auld dose of WD40

That spinning barrell lark sounds like an old Pugeot I had

Anyone know how exactly is that tag bag rain cover supposed to hold in place? I tried it on today anticipating some rain on the way to work, and the fecking thing catches air and comes up like parachute in front of you and threatens to take off any moment. It's no fun riding on M1 with left hand on holding down the tank bag cover and right hand on throttle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

positron wrote: »
    Anyone know how exactly is that tag bag rain cover supposed to hold in place? I tried it on today anticipating some rain on the way to work, and the fecking thing catches air and comes up like parachute in front of you and threatens to take off any moment. It's no fun riding on M1 with left hand on holding down the tank bag cover and right hand on throttle.

It's elasticated so it wraps around the bottom of the bag. Don't worry about it puffing up, I've had it up to speed on the M50 and it stays in place with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I had mine blow off on the N3 last year.
    Dreadfully cross winds just after Clonee, and the tank bag blew off accords the motorway, and landed up against the concrete central devide.
    Thank goodness there was no traffic behind me at the time.

Had to stop in the hard shoulder, and walk back to get it.

That's what I am worried about - as it is it's hard enough to ride with the crosswinds and the bag makes it worse, and the bag cover taking off could be pretty dangerous. They should have designed it better, imho.

PS: On the plus side, hopefully it will act like a floatation device later this evening if it starts flooding. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

How secure is the tank bag?
    I saw them and they just look like they are held on with magnets??
    Is that the same for most/any tank bags?
    I'd prefer there were some hooks, not sure I need one now, but at the price its hard to pass up, still they always have them at east every year if not a few times a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Merch wrote: »
    How secure is the tank bag?
    I saw them and they just look like they are held on with magnets??
    Is that the same for most/any tank bags?
    I'd prefer there were some hooks, not sure I need one now, but at the price its hard to pass up, still they always have them at east every year if not a few times a year.

The majority of tank bags are held on by magnets, with some you can get extra straps for use with plastic tanks, I drove across France with one on and it never budged at any speed. They usually have a strap to wrap around the headstock if you want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Del2005 wrote: »
    The majority of tank bags are held on by magnets, with some you can get extra straps for use with plastic tanks, I drove across France with one on and it never budged at any speed. They usually have a strap to wrap around the headstock if you want to.

In that case, might pick one up while they are still there, dont think I really need it yet, but at the price be handy to have in case of a long journey.

Advertisement