Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wish Bertie well with his new allotment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

didnt that prick write a football column for the sun?

jesus.....even saying that now smacks of the state we were in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Were the 6 photos really necessary? I think we got the gist after 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I don't want to sound like I have a chip on my shoulder but I would love to shove those spuds up his arse until he puked mash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

No fan of Bertie, but I found that article distasteful and lacking in journalistic ethics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

the not so teflon tosser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

No fan of Bertie, but I found that article distasteful and lacking in journalistic ethics.

What would you expect from from Paul Williams?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Agreed. Rag of a paper. If you're going to try a subtle character defamation at least do it properly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Agreed. Rag of a paper. If you're going to try a subtle character defamation at least do it properly...

Screaming desperation. It's like an article a few transition year students came up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

lg123 wrote: »
    Screaming desperation. It's like an article a few transition year students came up with.

You know you may not be far off with that remark, I contributed more than I was capable of giving, under duress during my TY work experience. This included fabricating stories for the problem page.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

complete non-event. every citizen of this country is legally entitled to an allotment if they are prepared to properly maintain it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Hasn't Paul Williams got other things to be doing with his time, like giving cool nicknames to various scumbags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Pfft if Bertie Ahern did such a dire job of running the country, I doubt he'll be any good at running a successful allotment either.

I bet the man couldn't even run a bath ffs! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

So thats where all the bodies are buried......probably bags of cash as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Thats the norm from Paul williams.

Pman got there before me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A 6' X 3' plot, 6 feet under would be ample for him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

What would one expect from a low life Murdock Rag,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I do genuinely wish him well with his allotment, I really don't think this is a story for the public interest. I never was a fan of Bertie even during the tiger era. But I never wholly blamed him for the collapse.

He was deemed corrupt by the Mahon Tribunal, if there is a case against him let the DPP pursue it. It strikes me as ironic that the gutter media which is all our media these days, come after him with a holier then thou attitude. I ask what was the media doing during the tiger era, reaping the benefits of their property spreads and advertising luxury goods. They are just as culpable as Bertie. They certainly weren't interested in economics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

get himmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

And after we blew his cover, Bertie pleaded with this reporter to keep the location of his vegetable patch secret

Don't care about Bertie but that is a classless article.

And is this what Paul Williams is reduced to nowadays?
    The once self appointed fearless journalist who faced down and investigated John Gilligan and co.
    Claimed his life was threatened, he needed garda protection and someone tried to rig a bomb to his car.

Once he went after gangs, now he doorstops retired pensioners out gardening
    Brave man

And this has me wondering.
    Did he realy investigate John Gilligan or were his books a pack of lies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Read the article ..

What an arsehole and what a step down from his heyday. Now look at him, trawling in the gutter.

I'm not a fan of Bertie either mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

I'm not a fan of the man but I still believe he should still be allowed to live his life in peace and quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Jaysus lads, any chance of a dig out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

The above article is why FF will be back in power.

Change of clothes, scene, and Bertie is not that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

I always thought he looked familiar,now i realise he resembled my garden gnome

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01486/SS_1486257a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

mikemac1 wrote: »
    No, this is about his level. He's been pretty consistent over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ha ha people actually still buy the sun! i think thats worse than electing a dodgy politician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Pfft if Bertie Ahern did such a dire job of running the country, I doubt he'll be any good at running a successful allotment either.

I bet the man couldn't even run a bath ffs! :mad:

YEAH! booo! thumbs down! :( go 'way outta that ya little pup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Regardless of my feelings about Ahern, this was a nasty, spiteful article only interested in taking cheap digs at the man.
    Its one thing doing pieces like this on dangerous ex-cons (paedos etc) where its in the public interest to be aware of their presence, but there was no reason to publish this other than to try and embarass Ahern. He was doing some gardening for his daughter ffs. The comments about his clothes would make you think he was dressed like that all the time.

Its sh|te like this that makes me never give money to that rag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

He will find it tough to get that rezoned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I don't want to sound like I have a chip on my shoulder but I would love to shove those spuds up his arse until he puked mash.

You can be sure that priest guy will jump in the way just at the last second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Honk_If_You Hate Dubs

What a surprise -- the Dubs pile in to defend their man.

So typical.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Lol Paul Williams sounds like a wannabe try-hard 12 year old who has threatened to take Bertie's Lunch money

Except he's not, he has purportedly trained to be qualified to make a career out of Journalism... I just hope the course he did has improved since then...
    What a surprise -- the Dubs pile in to defend their man.

So typical.:rolleyes:

It's just calling a spade a spade...

No you're right, Dubliners adore Bertie, those be the days, give us back our Taoiseach!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He'll have no trouble getting a bumper crop with all the sh1t he comes out with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Paul Williams is a cunt and his breath smells of farts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc7IygPb6QE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

That article actually made me feel a level of sympathy for Bertie Ahern that he really doesn't deserve.

Completely un-necessary intrusion of space. We may hate the guy, but he is entitled to a private life like everybody else.

Sometimes I think their privacy laws are one thing the French have actually gotten right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

"The baggy jumper, grubby donkey jacket and gnomish woolly hat were in stark contrast to the designer threads he once donned for his finest hour as peace-broker in the North"

Why would he be wearing designer clothing while gardening? :confused: Harsh on gardiners I feel, making it out as though the fact that he was gardening was a blemish on his character. Terrible article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The once self appointed fearless journalist who faced down and investigated John Gilligan and co.
    Claimed his life was threatened, he needed garda protection and someone tried to rig a bomb to his car.

Once he went after gangs, now he doorstops retired pensioners out gardening
    Brave man

And this has me wondering.
    Did he realy investigate John Gilligan or were his books a pack of lies?

Paul Williams, the Walter Mitty of Irish Crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

If it helps to keep him out of politics then I'm all for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The article is typical tabloid rubbish but as regards sympathy for Bertie I have none. I dont blame him for all our economic woes but he is a gangster and a tax fraud and a criminal. If the gaurda in our country had any sense of duty intrusion of space would be the least of Bertie's worries. The man should be in a cell. So until then anyone who intrudes that mans space, beats him up, runs him over or any of the rest is ok in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is there anyway someone can quote the article. Not having the embarrisment or shame of having the s*n website in my internet history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

MagicSean wrote: »
    If it helps to keep him out of politics then I'm all for it

He lost the plot in politics, so he'll probably lose this one as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Honk_If_You Hate Dubs

Lol Paul Williams sounds like a wannabe try-hard 12 year old who has threatened to take Bertie's Lunch money

Except he's not, he has purportedly trained to be qualified to make a career out of Journalism... I just hope the course he did has improved since then...

It's just calling a spade a spade...

No you're right, Dubliners adore Bertie, those be the days, give us back our Taoiseach!!!

You never stopped voting the **** in, even when he was clearly a tainted entity.

Dubs have ruined the country. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I'm no fan of Bertie but that article is just pure intrusion. Leave him alone with his spuds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

ceegee wrote: »
    Regardless of my feelings about Ahern, this was a nasty, spiteful article only interested in taking cheap digs at the man.

Well I wasn't going to click on the link and read the article for two reasons:
    1. I didn't want to promote the bertie brand.
    2. For me reading about bertie is a bit like clicking on that hammers in the forest violence vid that was going around a while ago. It's just not something I want to see.

However, if it is a nasty, spiteful article, I'm very tempted. I love all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

What a conniving,
    this smacks of PR spin even now... he's trying to make
    himself look like the ordinary man, trying to deflect the attention off the Mahon Tribunal..
    what is he after public sympathy? whats his angle this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

complete non-event. every citizen of this country is legally entitled to an allotment if they are prepared to properly maintain it.

Yeah ? Where can I get one ? I thought ones in Dublin were hard to get.

I doubt this article wasnt' stage managed to make Bartholomew look like hes not ''living it up''
    I can picture once the photos are taken it's all ''get these filthy rags off me now go write your story making me out to be 'ordinary' like a good lackey'' and straight back to the Garda driven Merc then off to a villa of one of his wealthy mates in the South of France. (villas which for example Harney and McCreevey stayed in for free while coincidentally legislation was being prepared by government which had the potential to enrich said Villa donor quite coincidentally of course).

Advertisement