Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nagging in relationships

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

themadchef wrote: »
    So, by your own terms to make it fair it would be acceptable for a bloke to be high maintenance, not care who knows it, expect you to maintain a certain standard of clenliness, make up etc, effort into the relationship, romance, and if it doesnt happen then he lets you know that he's not happy about it?

Jeeezzz

The pressure must be a pain in the hole. Especially at the start of a relationship Godammit, but that's some hot sex right there. After that? Well you need to be enjoying each other not bugging the holes off each other.

Nags are horses. Keep it in the field sista. ;) (Bathroom wall material :o)

If he had higher standards then me in those things then ye... I cannot imagine that though... it would have to be slightly OCD. I just think things like housework etc. are important and treating your partner the odd time. And if no one has shown them how to do housework for example then it is left to me. And I am then called a nag.

The OH read my original post and said if he didn't know it was me then he would think I was a bitch. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

My Finnish wife says: "The man is the head of the family, but it is the woman who turns the head.":):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Nagging has a counterproductive effect on me..I'll just do the opposite of whatever it is. He's the same.
    The only person that nags me is my mother, and perhaps the odd friend...but it's pointless though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

women were born to nag, its that simple.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

bronte wrote: »
    Nagging has a counterproductive effect on me..I'll just do the opposite of whatever it is. He's the same.
    The only person that nags me is my mother, and perhaps the odd friend...but it's pointless though!

That's quite common, the majority of people don't like being told what to do so they don't comply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Abi wrote: »
    Speak for yourself. I'd never nag a man to do anything, ever.

One thing I love is that we do things around the place without saying anything to the other, but often join in and help each other out. If you truly love someone you don't take advantage or treat them as a slave. Basic chores become enjoyable when there's no pressure, just a respect for each other and a pride in your own little 'castle'.
    You wash and I'll dry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    My Finnish wife says: "The man is the head of the family, but it is the woman who turns the head.":):):)
    Nice.

Where I'm from we have a saying, "he/she who gives the head, is the head"

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

I do more naggins in the relationship

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Oh look, a woman-bashing circle **** in AH, wheres the lube?

Can't let those women think they can get away with expressing opinions or anything, with their evil power weilding vaginas.

As long as women are veiwed as 'bitchy' as opposed to 'assertive' (like men) nothing will ever change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Nice.

Where I'm from we have a saying, "he/she who gives the head, is the head"
    So wait, if the head is turned by the neck, hence the women are the neck, and the head gives the head, therefore its the neck that actually gives the head, is that about it?
    Oh look, a woman-bashing circle **** in AH, wheres the lube?
    Tis in the purple basket next to the shaving cream and toothpaste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

with their evil power weilding vaginas

Men don't see women as MIG welders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I know lads who seem to enjoy being nagged in a relationship. It was the weirdest realisation when I copped it happening with a few men I know. These lads acted like assholes when with easygoing women and all either cheated/dumped them for women who nagged them from sun-up to sun-down. Afterwards, they were completely reformed saints who always did what their girlfriends told them. Some people find the world a scary place; having a woman to act like your mother, for these lads, is somehow reassuring.

Baffling.

The saddest thing is the girls got stick for it or got to be known as a nag or a shrew. Can't imagine being in a relationship where I had to nag someone the whole time or being happy to be nagged the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Millicent wrote: »
    Some people find the world a scary place; having a woman to act like your mother, for these lads, is somehow reassuring.

Baffling.

The saddest thing is the girls got stick for it or got to be known as a nag or a shrew. Can't imagine being in a relationship where I had to nag someone the whole time or being happy to be nagged the whole time.

I've noticed this before, and even seen some guys get a little kick out of being told what to do. It's very strange. I wonder is it a need to be 'mammied'?

Sauve wrote: »
    I've noticed this before, and even seen some guys get a little kick out of being told what to do. It's very strange. I wonder is it a need to be 'mammied'?

I reckon so. I think some, and it's always the ones who grew up with the Irish Mammy stereotypes from what I've seen, don't feel secure in a relationship if someone isn't always on their case. It seems to be part insecurity and massive part immaturity, IME.

• Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sauve wrote: »
    I'd say you're bang on the money there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    So wait, if the head is turned by the neck, hence the women are the neck, and the head gives the head, therefore its the neck that actually gives the head, is that about it?
    hmmmm.

Well kinda.

except there's a lot more deliriousessness and eye rolling and appeals to a deity of some kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i've started nagging himself about moving into the city :D gently reminding him of the benefits of being nearer to me

I also feel sorry for some girls who get portrayed as nags. A friend of mine worries about this all the time--she asks her boyfriend to watch what he spends as they are on a budget, he agrees and everything's grand.

A week later, he spends a stupid amount of money on something stupid again and she reminds him, less gently this time, that they are on a budget.

He's grand for a month and then he does it again. And so on and so forth ad infinitum.

The thing is, besides this trait, he's a lovely guy and they have a life built together that she doesn't want to throw away. But yet he gets to act like an irresponsible git and she gets painted as the nag that never lets him have any fun when I know for a fact she's far from a nag. She hates it and what should be a simple thing to remedy ends up with her feeling terrible about herself and the two of them having the same row over and over and over again.

So just as a note to anyone who thinks they have someone nagging them all the time, it might be time to consider whether you actually take on board what your partner is trying to communicate to you and whether you are treating them as an equal, not as an annoyance, in your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I can't stand nagging myself. I'll put up with a bit of it but if herself keeps it up I'll remind her who wears the trousers and thats the end of it. Women need reminding ever so often. If you "men" out there let them nag they'll lose respect for you.

profitius wrote: »
    I can't stand nagging myself. I'll put up with a bit of it but if herself keeps it up I'll remind her who wears the trousers and thats the end of it. Women need reminding ever so often. If you "men" out there let them nag they'll lose respect for you.

Hahahahaha! Sorry, I can't help picturing you as something straight out of the 50s. "Women need reminding"? I am man, hear me roar kind of thing? :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I hope this is a joke. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

What do they need reminding of?

What does "herself" nag you about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Domo230 wrote: »
    Whipped much?

Only by your sister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

What do they need reminding of?

What does "herself" nag you about?

They need reminding that nagging isn't pleasant to be listening to.

Do you think all women nag without good reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kellybutler

im convinced men have periods, der sooooooooooo hormonal sometimes hehe

Why do you think it's usually women who nag?

I don't. I was asking profitius if he thought all women nagged, and did so without reason, as him saying "them" suggested to me that he thinks all women nag.

It's a bit unclear, granted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I have to be honest, none of my girlfriends have ever been the nagging type.

From my anecdotal survey of me, 0% of women nag.

I have to be honest, none of my girlfriends have ever been the nagging type.

From my anecdotal survey of me, 0% of women nag.

That's irrefutable proof by AH standards. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

She's got more rabbit than sainsbury's :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

im convinced men have periods, der sooooooooooo hormonal sometimes hehe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_menstruation
    In some cases of this affliction, the condition is unnoticeable until after a slight shrinkage of the penis. This event is not common amongst all males, but it can be harmful if signs are not noticed and treated. Males between the ages of 13 and 21 are recommended to visit a doctor at least twice a year to ensure there are no possible signs. Some signs, which do not always happen, are a yellowish discharge from the penis, excitedness when least expected, and an odd feeling which many with this condition call undescribable.

And irritable male Syndrome.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=53725

BTW, the first link is a bit Ewwww for the most part. So just consider yourself warned.

Advertisement