Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRT eating to fast

• 08-04-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

On occasions I have my girlfriends JRT. The dog eats so fast its unbelievable. Last 3 meals he finished in 1 minute or less! Is this normal? What can we do to slow the fella down, he sometimes throws up his meal shortly after eating.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Put some big stones or a ball in the bowl so he has to work to get his food and cant gobble it up so quick. Ive had to do something similar with my female rottie as shes exactly the same, shes a hoover.

Or maybe you could scatter his dinner around the garden so he has to hunt for it. Thise treat balls are good as well as they take ages to get the food out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭struggling sam

andreac wrote: »
    Put some big stones or a ball in the bowl so he has to work to get his food and cant gobble it up so quick. Ive had to do something similar with my female rottie as shes exactly the same, shes a hoover.

Or maybe you could scatter his dinner around the garden so he has to hunt for it. Thise treat balls are good as well as they take ages to get the food out.

Thanks, will try the stones/ball trick and see how it goes. The garden scene is a no go, the little fecker would just take off and he has no recall.

Advertisement