Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help please

• 08-04-2012 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

i am not great with computors , a few questions

when quoting somebodies post but only want to quote a part of it, how do you do that . i can only ever quote the whole thing?

how do you link to wiki or or you tube

please dont tell me to go to boards help section i have been there and it doesnt help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

click on quote and delete what part of qoute u dont want. For linking to you tube copy and paste the web address at top of page and post it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Press Alt and F4 then you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

FANTAPANTS wrote: »
    click on quote and delete what part of qoute u dont want. so simple yet i never thought of that , thanks , i always assume with computors that its all very complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There's a whole thread explaining this kind of sorcery you speak of somewhere on these boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

i am not great with computors , a few questions

when quoting somebodies post but only want to quote a part of it, how do you do that . i can only ever quote the whole thing?

how do you link to wiki or or you tube

please dont tell me to go to boards help section i have been there and it doesnt help

Just tell the person that typed it that theyre a bollocks

• Advertisement

For linking to you tube copy and paste the web address at top of page and post it
    could you exlain this bit in a bit more detail please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

click on quote and delete what part of qoute u dont want. so simple yet i never thought of that , thanks , i always assume with computors that its all very complicated

Not that isn't right. Too many posters just leave messes of posts behind and it is so annoying.

There must be a quote tag [ /QUOTE] around the message you're quoting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

so simple yet i never thought of that , thanks , i always assume with computors that its all very complicated

No you've got it all wrong, it's not like that anymore, computers are now mans friend.

I call mine Graham, (after Mikey), I occasionally buy him random presents, surprises from the corner shop, chocolate bars or a packet of sweets.

He likes Galaxy cookie crumble, I feed him through a usb port however he rarely eat more then two squares without complaining the ungrateful git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Is this what you are trying to do ?

My husband ,i will floor the attic.
    Me, cant we just pay someone to do it.
    Him, no way i will do it myself.
    Two years later , attic half floored .

Husband, i will makeover the garden.
    Me, cant we get a gardener in to do it.
    Him, no way can easily do it myself.
    Two years later half the garden done.

So i live with half an attic and half a garden and if i point this out i am nagging
    drives me crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's a whole thread explaining this kind of sorcery you speak of somewhere on these boards.

There's an entire forum too....

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Not good at computers you say!

I have a, friend, who's a Nigerian prince. He says that he knows you, but needs your email address. Can you PM me it please? Something to do with US Dollars or something. He wouldn't go into it with me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you want to quote the entire post, just press the quote button.

If you want to quote part of a post, highlight the bit you want to quote, and press the Alt+F4 buttons together, then type your reply and press "Submit Reply"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

If you want to quote part of a post, highlight the bit you want to quote, and press the Alt+F4 buttons together, then type your reply and press "Submit Reply"

What is this Alt F4 you speak of ?:confused:

*sent from iPad *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Whats the forum for stuff like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Helpdesk?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

MugMugs wrote: »
    Helpdesk?

That's it, you're all going on The List.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Press Alt and F4 then you'll be fine.

Dont mind all that ALT F4 lark , takes too long & doesnt work on all browsers .

CTRL & W works on them al for this

mattjack wrote: »
    Is this what you are trying to do ?

My husband ,i will floor the attic.
    Me, cant we just pay someone to do it.
    Him, no way i will do it myself.
    Two years later , attic half floored .

Husband, i will makeover the garden.
    Me, cant we get a gardener in to do it.
    Him, no way can easily do it myself.
    Two years later half the garden done.

So i live with half an attic and half a garden and if i point this out i am nagging
    drives me crazy
    i just want to be able to quote people without having to use the whole quote and how did you get my post from another thread on here , didnt know you could do that , and whats all this copy and paste business when linking to you tube ?how do you copy and paste . god i really should do a computer course

i just want to be able to quote people without having to use the whole quote and how did you get my post from another thread on here , didnt know you could do that , and whats all this paste and cut business when linking to you tube ?how do you paste and cut? god i really should do a computer course

highlight text with your mouse, hit ctrl+c then to copy the text, hit ctrl+v to paste the text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Joking aside, check the FAQs in Newbies and FAQs:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

they explain the use of tags and other features.

Edit: ninja'd by Biko.

thanks folks you have all been very helpful :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cool, question answered.
    All is well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement