Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you should know before buying

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

ted1 wrote: »
    Nama has no houses in Dublin so its not an issue. Obviously this statement excludes the million Euro plus houses

Um...LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭Villa05

Shocking figures for Quarter 1, 2012 mortgage lending
    In Q1 2012, 2,630 mortgage loans were issued. This represents a decrease in lending of 19.3% compared with Q1 2011 and a decrease of 31.8% compared with the previous quarter.

http://www.ibf.ie/Libraries/Research_Statistics/IBFPwC_Mortgage_Market_Profile_Q1_2012.sflb.ashx

• Registered Users Posts: 23,522 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Um...LOL.
    What's so funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The Indo propaganda(it will come)

The sooner general house prices approach Allsop levels the better for us all.

Alsop ARE CASH BUYERS GENERAL MARKET WILL NEVET REACH THAT. PHONE STUCK ON CAPS APOLOGIZE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Houses in finglas are completly undesirable and will have no affect on the market. The only use they have is as stables.

yea and your opinion is pathetic..

Piriz wrote: »
    yea and your opinion is pathetic..

Well the horse to person ratio is a good bit higher than most other parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Well the horse to person ratio is a good bit higher than most other parts of the country.

touché

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scrawnybawny

Houses in finglas are completly undesirable and will have no affect on the market. The only use they have is as stables.

Sorry to be pedantic Ted1 but if you're gonna negatively stereotype an area, that you [presumably] feel is below you, you should probably make sure, that to really drive your point home (and convince readers that you are coming from a position of intellectual superiority) you use correct grammar; 'effect' is a noun and 'affect' is a verb!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭Villa05

Alsop ARE CASH BUYERS GENERAL MARKET WILL NEVET REACH THAT. PHONE STUCK ON CAPS APOLOGIZE
    Not true, the percentage of cash sales is increasing, mortgage lending has fallen off a cliff. Banks have stands at alsop auctions to promote mortgages, suggesting that they believe that alsop are setting the true value of houses

• Advertisement

Sorry to be pedantic Ted1 but if you're gonna negatively stereotype an area, that you [presumably] feel is below you, you should probably make sure, that to really drive your point home (and convince readers that you are coming from a position of intellectual superiority) you use correct grammar; 'effect' is a noun and 'affect' is a verb!

Sorry school teacher. I'm a engineer, we normally stick to maths, theorms and formulas....

Villa05 wrote: »
    Not true, the percentage of cash sales is increasing, mortgage lending has fallen off a cliff. Banks have stands at alsop auctions to promote mortgages, suggesting that they believe that alsop are setting the true value of houses

It takes approx 500 to make a bid at an auction, this alone puts most people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scrawnybawny

Sorry school teacher. I'm a engineer, we normally stick to maths, theorms and formulas....

well maybe that's what you should stick to rather than poor attempts at analysis which end up denigrating whole sections of society:mad:

i just reckon that if you're trying to articulate a measured, well-balanced point of view, that if you do so with bad grammar/spelling it compromises your argument (and i'm sure you're just trying to prove my point by spelling theorem incorrectly;)

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

It takes approx 500 to make a bid at an auction, this alone puts most people off.

Teddy my son.

First, Allsop's last Irish auction saw 28% of payments through "Finance", not cash.

Second, any deposit, 500 euro or otherwise is refundable. It's used to make sure that bidders in the room are serious.

I'm talking about the money needed to get a valuation done and also a building survey. In a regular purchase these are done once a price is agreed. In an auction these costs are carried out prior to the auction.

Advertisement