Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from Spain

Options
  • 08-04-2012 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

Hows it all,

I know hardwareversand.de is the first choice for many here, but has anyone looked at/ordered from Spanish online shops? I was looking about and pccomponentes.com have an MSI GTX 680 for €519, and they ship to the European union for €7.75, and last I heard we have'nt been kicked out yet?:p

Think I'll drop em a line as they seem to have a few in stock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

glynf wrote: »
    Hows it all,

I know hardwareversand.de is the first choice for many here, but has anyone looked at/ordered from Spanish online shops? I was looking about and pccomponentes.com have an MSI GTX 680 for €519, and they ship to the European union for €7.75, and last I heard we have'nt been kicked out yet?:p

Think I'll drop em a line as they seem to have a few in stock.

That looks good, couldn't see anything bad coming from it, BTW they've got the Sapphire 7970 OC Dual-X cooled version for €20 less, which is great when you consider the OC'ing capabilities.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gtx 680 is 519eu with free delivery in komplett.ie, dunno why would you want to chance it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I just had a flick through that site, it doesn't mention shipping anywhere other than Spain (Mainland + Islands), Portugal and Andorra.

https://www.pccomponentes.com/gastos_envio.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hmm. translation for the third option 'CANARIAS, CEUTA Y MELILLA' is coming up as 'EUROPEAN UNION AND MELILLA'for me?

That's not to say that google translate is always 100% right..

Odd!

Spanish to English shouldn't pose a problem for Google Translate! It's one of the most widely spoken and linguistically straight-forward languages in the world.

• Advertisement

I reported the error to Google! Bit of a weird one.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

On their FAQ page they state:

"Por el momento, solo enviamos a España, Portugal y Andorra. No enviamos por ahora a otros países, lo sentimos." - For the moment, we only ship to Spain, Portugal and Andorra. We do not ship for now to other countries, sorry"

Buying online hasn't taken off yet to the same extent that it has in Ireland or the UK. It's very common for people to pay by bank transfer or cash on delivery and many companies charge extra if you pay by credit card. On the payments page for this company they say that the stated prices include a 2% discount for paying by bank transfer. That's their slightly sneaky way of saying we'll charge 2% more if you use a credit card.

Thanks for that arch_stanton, just scanned the shipping page only..I'm a lazy fcuk:)

@ShadowHearth, they had none in stock last time I called, no harm shopping about either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

glynf wrote: »
    Thanks for that arch_stanton, just scanned the shipping page only..I'm a lazy fcuk:)

@ShadowHearth, they had none in stock last time I called, no harm shopping about either though.

they had them in stock for last week!

i did go with scan.co.uk though. turned out 530eu with delivery.

I always ring just to be sure :confused:

Anyway, not going to buy for a bit, enough bought lately on PC gear ;)

Good luck with yours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement