Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canicross 5K Fun Run/Jog/Walk

• 08-04-2012 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭

CANICROSS FUN RUN

TAILS 'N TRAILS in association with CANICROSS IN IRELAND will be holding a Canicross Run/Jog/Walk 5K event in Lough Key Forest Park, Boyle, Co. Roscommon on Saturday 19th May. The Fun Run will start at 6pm, in order to provide the best temperatures for the runners and their dogs. An appropriate harness (shoulder or x-back) must be worn by the dog, and the dog must be on a lead with a bungee in it. The club has a number of harnesses and some leads that can be borrowed, but these are in short supply, so if you need to borrow equipment, please let us know as soon as possible. Whilst it is best that the dog is attached to the runner by a waist belt, as we want to encourage people who may be new to the sport to get out there and be involved, for this event, we will allow leads to be hand held.

The Run is being held during the club’s AGM fun weekend, with lots of other activities planned, and camping on site (extra charge). It will be €5 entry fee for non club members, or €10 for a family of 2 adults and one junior. However, club membership fees are half price until September, when the new club season starts, so to join the club and avail of all of the weekend’s activities, is €7.50 per person, €12.50 for a couple, or €15 for a family. There is no entry fee to the Fun Run for club members.

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in mens, womens and junior classes, and of course goody bags for all entrants.

Numbers are limited, so please get your entries in as soon as possible. Entries to the Fun Run will be accepted up until 5pm on the day, but obviously we cannot guarantee that will still be spaces available at that time.

Entry forms can be found here, on the Tails ‘n’ Trails website http://www.tailsandtrails.ie/showthread.php?11447-Canicross-Fun-Run-Entry-Form&p=188208#post188208

Permission has been granted for this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

It's brilliant to see an event like this being organised- looking forward to it:)

I'm really looking forward to this at the weekend, just a quick question I'll be running it but my sister is coming with me and is bringing her dog- can she enter this even if she will walk most of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Unfortunately, Hershey would be to young for the run this year, (And I'd be way to unfit!! lol) But next year if it's going ahead, we'll be there!! Lovely to see something like this in the area! Sounds great!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

madon wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this at the weekend, just a quick question I'll be running it but my sister is coming with me and is bringing her dog- can she enter this even if she will walk most of it?

Yes, walkers, joggers, runners are all welcome. Lets just hope the weather improves before the weekend, cold I can deal with, don't fancy being out in the forest in hail stones or sleet though:(

Unfortunately, I had hoped to run om it, but the organisation and overseeing means that I can't, I'll have to be out on the course - such a shame;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I'm really sorry I can't make this... we would have loved it (though wouldn't be able to keep up with Madon:pac:). You couldn't postpone it for a week could you :p

• Advertisement

littlebug wrote: »
    I'm really sory I can't make this... we would have loved it (though wouldn't be able to keep up with Madon:pac:). You couldn't postpone it for a week could you :p

Ah I don't know LB myself and running aren't best friends at the minute:D
    Hopefully seeing the dog have a bit of fun might inspire me a little:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

littlebug wrote: »
    I'm really sory I can't make this... we would have loved it (though wouldn't be able to keep up with Madon:pac:). You couldn't postpone it for a week could you :p

Lets see what the weather forecast is for Saturday:eek::D;)

Advertisement