Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doujin/indie/"anime" fighters

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I've been trying out Yata the last couple of days. Seems like a decent game. Though it'd kind of have to be since it's basically a direct rip of 3S. :pac:
    A couple of things do bug me about it:
    High and Low Parries are on their own buttons, which is actually pretty cool. What I don't like is that there is no reaction to a failed parry aside from a little indicator blinking under your health bar. I wish there was a 2 frame whiff animation or something.
    2 of the 8 characters are headswaps. I know they were desperately trying to bulk up the roster with their tiny team, but it still bugs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    I've been trying out Yata the last couple of days. Seems like a decent game. Though it'd kind of have to be since it's basically a direct rip of 3S. :pac:
    A couple of things do bug me about it:
    High and Low Parries are on their own buttons, which is actually pretty cool. What I don't like is that there is no reaction to a failed parry aside from a little indicator blinking under your health bar. I wish there was a 2 frame whiff animation or something.
    2 of the 8 characters are headswaps. I know they were desperately trying to bulk up the roster with their tiny team, but it still bugs me.
    Crow/Kou or Hina/Shino?

They play different though IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

You can get Yatagarasu for €1.50 in this "build your own" bundle deal, but I dunno if you get it now, will you get all the cool Indiegogo features they're adding for free later?

Offer expires in just under 2 days

http://groupees.com/doujin

I'm not sure what other game in that bundle is worth getting. A few of them actually look surprisingly decent.

You can get Yatagarasu for €1.50 in this "build your own" bundle deal, but I dunno if you get it now, will you get all the cool Indiegogo features they're adding for free later?

Offer expires in just under 2 days

http://groupees.com/doujin

I'm not sure what other game in that bundle is worth getting. A few of them actually look surprisingly decent.
    AFAIK that's the current Yata, and the one from Indiegogo will essentially be a semi-sequel.

Don't forget to vote if you supported the campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yep, as Kiki said the new game is like Super Yata so it's a full new release.

I've heard the humanized tank game is really funny.

Although it totally makes sense to wait for the superior Super!Yata; practically speaking they hit so many stretch goals I don't imagine that three man team is gonna finish the new features anytime soon.

So I went ahead and got Yata and Ether Vapor Remaster.

It looks like a decent shmup. The opening reminded me almost exactly of Ikaruga.

About 8 hours till the deal expires.

I ran through some arcade and training mode with all the chars. This game is deffo worth 75 cents.

I like Ryu, Ken, Zangief and Fei Long.
    I dislike Dudley, Sexy Ninja, Sword Girl 1 and Sword Girl 2.

Has anyone done the full 1800 (5 rotation) SPD super yet?

I've only managed 3 rotations off a superjump, and 4 on wake-up.
    TOTALLY PRACTICAL ATTACK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

TOTALLY PRACTICAL ATTACK!

@0:57

tumblr_mrlenov8uZ1r7xaiso1_1280.jpg

kYYB4mEl.jpg

Aja Salisbury will be the 3rd new character in Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm.

My vote went to Qadl though...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    kYYB4mEl.jpg

Aja Salisbury will be the 3rd new character in Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm.

My vote went to Qadl though...

I totally forgot to vote. :( Though looking at the tally afterwards, wouldn't have mattered. Not sure who I woulda voted for anyway, tbh.

Possible localization for UniB?

Advertisement