Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Response to reported post.

Options
  • 08-04-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

If I have reported a post should I expect a response from a mod. Or does the mod just deal with it and not say anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Mods generally don't reply to the person who reported a post, given the volume of reported posts that come in (I heard a figure of roughly 250 per day).

If the mod deems necessary they will act on the reported post and may post the details on the thread, i.e. user banned, back on-topic etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

You will generally see a responce of some sort. It may not be a PM to you, but an on thread note, post deleted or edited, thread locked or moved, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Mods generally don't reply to the person who reported a post, given the volume of reported posts that come in (I heard a figure of roughly 250 per day).

If the mod deems necessary they will act on the reported post and may post the details on the thread, i.e. user banned, back on-topic etc..

Thanks, out of intrest re the 250, is that per mod, per forum or just for the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

GarIT wrote: »
    Thanks, out of intrest re the 250, is that per mod, per forum or just for the site?

For the whole site (from what I remember, though I may be wrong).

Some forums naturally would get more reported posts, After Hours, Soccer and Politics for an example.

Advertisement