Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heat Protection for Coloured Hair

• 08-04-2012 2:48pm

Hi guys, I recently started dying my hair a lovely copper red colour. Living up to its reputation, the red dye does fade rather quickly after dying. Now, I have multiple conditioners to keep it in good nick but I recently realised that I've never used any form of heat protection for my hair. I don't straighten/curl my hair often but I do blow dry it every time I wash it, so this would probably be a good area to look into for keeping it in good condition and therefore keeping the colour vibrant!

My hair is naturally quite oily so any product that would make it greasier or heavy is a definite no no. Anyone know of some good products to suit my needs, ideally some sort of spray coz I like my shampoo/conditioners? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi guys, I recently started dying my hair a lovely copper red colour. Living up to its reputation, the red dye does fade rather quickly after dying. Now, I have multiple conditioners to keep it in good nick but I recently realised that I've never used any form of heat protection for my hair. I don't straighten/curl my hair often but I do blow dry it every time I wash it, so this would probably be a good area to look into for keeping it in good condition and therefore keeping the colour vibrant!

My hair is naturally quite oily so any product that would make it greasier or heavy is a definite no no. Anyone know of some good products to suit my needs, ideally some sort of spray coz I like my shampoo/conditioners? :)

Although not a heat protective spray, revlon colour bomb is great for retaining the colour in your hair. I used to use it when my hair was dark. It is a conditioner though and comes in a range of colours. I don't know about the oil factor as my hair is dry.

http://beaut.ie/blog/2011/revlon-professional-nutri-colour-creme-in-740-for-red-hair-review/

That is one of my many conditioners! Love it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Where can you buy it - tried Strawberrynet - looking for a bargain??

I got it in Terrisales on Middle Abbey St for just over €20? It's supposed to last about 10 applications though, so for 2 quid a go it's not bad value at all! I've only used it twice so I can't comment on its mileage but it definitely works regarding colour!

But yeah back OT anyone know of good heat protectants? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I swear by Kerastase Resistance Vita-Ciment Topseal. It is a leave in heat activated reconstructing conditioner. It comes in a 125ml tube but you only need an almond/walnut sized blob depending on the length of your hair. Pricey product but a little amount does the job. The info leaflet says you can use it through 5 shampoos. However I use it every time I wash my hair, at 2/3 day intervals.

My daughter uses Kerastase too. She has used GHD heat protection spray, it is ok but the Kerastase product for her is excellent. She GHD's her coloured hair every day, trying to cut down...:) There was a remarkable improvement in the condition of her hair, since she started using Kerastase last month.

On a budget so must head in to Terrisales Abbey Street to stock up on hair care supplies for me and the girls.

Hopefully they stock Kerastase....

• Advertisement
Advertisement