Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying noise in Cork City

• 08-04-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭

Gerry Adams is pretty much outside my house giving out about Fianna Fáil and bankers. It's some Easter Sunday commemoration in St. Finbarre's cemetery in Cork. Who gave him a megaphone?

I was happy here enjoying my Easter Eggs. Any ideas how to block him out? Shut windows and turned up music bit his accent is too invasive. Half tempted to blast God Save the Queen out the window.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

thats my favourite humming noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I thought the OP was just hearing Cork people talk when I read the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you'd think being around the Cork accent you'd be used to annoying noises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

If he's right outside your house then open the window and fcuk something heavy at his head. That should shut him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

TheChizler wrote: »
    Gerry Adams is pretty much outside my house giving out about Fianna Fáil and bankers. It's some Easter Sunday commemoration in St. Finbarre's cemetery in Cork. Who gave him a megaphone?

I was happy here enjoying my Easter Eggs. Any ideas how to block him out? Shut windows and turned up music bit his accent is too invasive. Half tempted to blast God Save the Queen out the window.

Lol no you wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭TheChizler

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lol no you wouldn't.

Come so close! Have it on my ipod for some reason and I was driving past a minute ago. Only the fates intervened and I didn't have the stereo connector cable in the car.

I suppose I probably wouldn't, being inappropriate in the day that's in it. If I could somehow isolate him to avoid upsetting the regular punters I'd give it a proper go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah I can only imagine the beauts come to hear him talk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

god damnit
    it's cork TOWN
    cork is not a god damn city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ask him what's the situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Well this is a right catch 22.

If you put your hand on your ears you cant eat your easter egg.

If you dont youl have to listen to mr. Adams. :(

POOR YOU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Which cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

god damnit
    it's cork TOWN

Cork not a City and you being from Carlow and all, you'd swear you were from Carlow DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Could be worse OP, micheal martin outside with a megaphone sprouting nonsense such as he had nothing to with bailout, economy crash, St. Bertie,etc.That man must be deaf dumb and blind, perfect characteristics of a leader for FF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

god damnit
    it's cork TOWN

It has a city charter therefore its a city.

http://www.corkcity.ie/yourcouncil/charters/

Feckin' begrudgers from Carlow TOWN :p

There are small cities too. Although I think Kilkenny and Waterford is going a bit far...

There's a Carlow in DC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

god damnit
    it's cork TOWN

What a strange thing to say. I mean, it's all well and good that you hate Cork people and such and such, but when there's so many commonly-used insults to throw at Corkonians, why go for this one which is pretty obviously untrue? I mean, it was made a city in the 1100s, it's the second-biggest gathering of buildings in the Republic, couple hundred thousand people...

Sure it's pretty ****ty to call it a city by some standards, but its not like Dublin really compares to Mumbai or Atlanta or somewhere either. Your opinions are wrong and bad and so are you.

edit:very much beaten, but eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Have it on my ipod for some reason

likely story

darokane wrote: »
    likely story

Seriously! From a beer world cup I partook in a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Annoying noise in Cork City?

I think it's just the atheist heating up. They always get fussy around this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Look up some Bertie Ahern speeches on You Tube for yourself. It might inspire you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Dublins not a city!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

charlemont wrote: »
    Look up some Bertie Ahern speeches on You Tube for yourself. It might inspire you.

He needs something even more powerfull....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Nodin wrote: »
    He needs something even more powerfull....

He'll probably blow his load watching that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

TheChizler says NO!

try egg cartons. though, it may be a difficult to get so many on a day like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Dublins not a city!!!

Kilkenny City was the capital of Ireland, until the brits bestowed the honour on Dublin in recognition of it's residents loyalty to the Crown. True story*

*well, at least the first bit is..

charlemont wrote: »

I don't know how people who engage in that sort of thing don't go and commit suicide!

I don't know how people who engage in that sort of thing don't go and commit suicide!

Berties sort of thing? A pension of about 220,000 a year would be a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Duiske wrote: »
    Kilkenny City was the capital of Ireland, until the brits bestowed the honour on Dublin in recognition of it's residents loyalty to the Crown. True story*

Actually the first known Irish parliament was in Castledermot. Also true story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

objection ! :D

were the normans not brits too ? :P
    plus at that stage there was no unified ireland there was seperate kingdoms ;)

corks a city , ye're all just jealous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Well this is a right catch 22.

If you put your hand on your ears you cant eat your easter egg.

If you dont youl have to listen to mr. Adams. :(

POOR YOU.

Earplugs. Or headphones, set to your favourite playlist while you chomp on that chocolatey goodness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Dudess wrote: »
    There are small cities too. Although I think Kilkenny and Waterford is going a bit far...

Hey I object! Waterford is.....yeah you're right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Cork City urban pop. - approx 250,000

Carlow pop - Dont give a **** because Carlow has no meaning to me, but it has to be at least 1, seeing as we have a poster claiming to be from there.

Never been in Cork (city or county).

Unless they keep people with a really strong accent off the airwaves it doesn't sound that bad, from what I've heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

He'll not go away you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Ask him what's the situation sitation?

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Apparently Charleville was given a City charter once as well!

If you look at the size of the country, it's not too much that there are small cities in Ireland in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

darokane wrote: »
    likely story

Never Mind the Bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

wheres Carlow? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Waterford is Irelands oldest city, also the first place the tricolour was flown. Plenty of history in this city if you bother to look. It's funny how your first sentence contracts your second, although with you being from Cork not at all surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

corktina wrote: »
    wheres Carlow? :confused:
    No where significant :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Should i get some popcorn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

until the brits bestowed the honour on Dublin in recognition of it's residents loyalty to the Crown. True story*

Some things never change eh.

;):D

longshanks wrote: »

Waterford is Irelands oldest city, also the first place the tricolour was flown. Plenty of history in this city if you bother to look. It's funny how your first sentence contracts your second, although with you being from Cork not at all surprising.
    Hahahahaha! These threads are hilarious for the "You shouldn't make a light-hearted jibe about a place, and in order to spell that out for you, I'll insult the entire population of where you're from" stuff - from actual adults! :pac:

i must have missed the part in my user cp where i said i was from carlow city

carlow is obviously a town, a small town at that. I suppose congratulations are in order to everyone who realises that? although you lose marks for thinking that cork, waterford or kilkenny are cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Cork is a tremendous citypity

i must have missed the part in my user cp where i said i was from carlow city

carlow is obviously a town, a small town at that. I suppose congratulations are in order to everyone who realises that? although you lose marks for thinking that cork, waterford or kilkenny are cities.
    What's your personal criteria for a city - seeing as that's the only basis on which you state Cork is not one?

being bigger than cork

being bigger than cork
    Cool. Probably pointless stating it's "Cork town" as a fact though, coz it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I dont even know whats going on in this thread anymore

• Advertisement
Advertisement