Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4L Castrol Magnatec €20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭horse7

well spotted,got some in lidl last year and i cant remember how much it was,but this seems a good price.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Nice price.
    You sure about the aa discount?
    I thought it was axa only?.......

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

not fully i thought i heard somewhere that they did it for the AA too, maybe not.

20 quid is still a good price tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Perfect, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Bought this 5W30 for €58.99 a couple of days ago...anyone know what the difference is between this and the one the OP linked to?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

fletch wrote: »
    Bought this 5W30 for €58.99 a couple of days ago...anyone know what the difference is between this and the one the OP linked to?

Edge is a higher spec Than magnatec.

Depending on your car the magnatec may be fine. What car do you have?

This is a great deal, have two cars to service this week and picked up 12 litres of the a3 magnatec for 60 quid! Thanks muchly op!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

spockety wrote: »

This is a great deal, have two cars to service this week and picked up 12 litres of the a3 magnatec for 60 quid! Thanks muchly op!

Is there any reason u didn't use this

did they not accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

How much do these outlets pay their staff..............Do you want to work for outfits that pay you the least.................I wonder how much technical assistance you will get from Liddl or retailers that take on secondary school students for week end work.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    How much do these outlets pay their staff..............Do you want to work for outfits that pay you the least.................I wonder how much technical assistance you will get from Liddl or retailers that take on secondary school students for week end work.

around 9-10 euro an hour i think, anyway what dose this have to with cheap oil?

good to see people taking advantage of the offer, serviced my car for less than 50 quid thanks to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

horse7 wrote: »
    got some in lidl last year and i cant remember how much it was,but this seems a good price.

5W30 fully synthetic in Lidl is €4.99 for 1l

They have them at the moment...

spockety wrote: »

My car needs the higher spec...I just wondered was it the same oil just branded differently to be more expensive for VAG cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

mossy2390 wrote: »
    In Halfords special offer Castrol Magnatec 4L for €20, saw them in mahon yesterday had both 10W40 and 5W30. pretty good deal i picked up a couple!!
    also if you have a AXA or AA card you can get a extra 15% off

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?mpe_id=69445&msg=&cm_cr=No+Campaign-_-Web+Activity-_-C224209-_-PRODHOME_ESPOTCAROUSEL-_-Castrol+Magnatec+5W30+Vauxhall+Oil+4+Litre&catalogId=15551&productId=775571&evtype=CpgnClick&intv_id=70368&langId=-1&storeId=11101&ddkey=http:ClickInfo

Watch out, While I got the AXA discount in Cork when I left yesterday, today in Navan Halfords were acting the maggot and refused even after consulting with a supervisor to honour the discount, bought at 20€ but should have been 17€.
    Also, it seems they were honouring websales only as I got asked if I reserved them, natuarally I said yes and had to give my name. Castrol must be hopping at these deals.
    Still the Castrol Edge is a mad price so if you have a Ford, Volvo and not a VW, BMW or Mercedes your laughing with this deal. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭deckie27

Will this suit a Saab turbo (petrol).
    year 2002 model 9-5
    Castrol Magnatec 5W30 Vauxhall Oil 4 Litre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Watch out, While I got the AXA discount in Cork when I left yesterday, today in Navan Halfords were acting the maggot and refused even after consulting with a supervisor to honour the discount, bought at 20€ but should have been 17€.
    Also, it seems they were honouring websales only as I got asked if I reserved them, natuarally I said yes and had to give my name. Castrol must be hopping at these deals.
    Still the Castrol Edge is a mad price so if you have a Ford, Volvo and not a VW, BMW or Mercedes your laughing with this deal. :D

Strange, did they give a reason for refusing? I got some in Carrickmines yesterday with no bother, I didn't think it would be up to individual staff members, supervisor or not, to refuse what has been agreed by the two companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭PCDub

No discount to AA membership, just checked with them. There is a 15% discount for AXA policy holders though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

deckie27 wrote: »
    Will this suit a Saab turbo (petrol).
    year 2002 model 9-5
    Castrol Magnatec 5W30 Vauxhall Oil 4 Litre

yeah, i have some magnatec here that is suitable for my GM z20let engine and thats probably the same as your saab one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

bmaxi wrote: »
    Strange, did they give a reason for refusing? I got some in Carrickmines yesterday with no bother, I didn't think it would be up to individual staff members, supervisor or not, to refuse what has been agreed by the two companies.

As I say, there was something funny going on, she kept pressing about a reservation and she hald indicated that if I had no reservation that it was gone and being held for those who reserved.
    Unfortunately I did not have the receipt for cork on me and they refused saying it was already on a special offer. I said I got it last year and the discount was honoured, I think I got a bad sales rep but her card is marked. That said they gave me the discount on the car shampoo which was already on special offer! The impression I got is that local motorfactors were not happy with Castrol, but this what Halfords did and not Castrol.
    Will bang in a complaint and see if I get my discount.

As I say, there was something funny going on, she kept pressing about a reservation and she hald indicated that if I had no reservation that it was gone and being held for those who reserved.
    Unfortunately I did not have the receipt for cork on me and they refused saying it was already on a special offer. I said I got it last year and the discount was honoured, I think I got a bad sales rep but her card is marked. That said they gave me the discount on the car shampoo which was already on special offer! The impression I got is that local motorfactors were not happy with Castrol, but this what Halfords did and not Castrol.

yeah the guys in cork are grand about it, also the AxA card gives 15% off everything bar satnavs and ipods from what i read about it, there is nothing saying it cannot be use with offers etc.

yeah i suppose there just using it to get people in, shows how little they are paying for it anyway and normally charging 42 quid for it!!

i wonder how much the trade price is for it, bit more than 20 i presume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

The way I see it, if it was reserved why was it on open sale? I'd certainly register a complaint.
    Woodies are always on with that crack too. If you have a discount card or an over 60s card they won't give a discount on special offers, what's the point in having the card then if you have to pay the same as everyone else? B&Q will give the discount whether or not it's on special offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

PCDub wrote: »
    No discount to AA membership, just checked with them. There is a 15% discount for AXA policy holders though.

Bought this today and didn't know about the AXA discount. How do I get this? Must I bring in my cert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Bring your Axa plus card in with you. If you don't have one just sign for one on the Axa web site. Only takes a second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bought one in Halfords Airside, showed my AA card and got a further 15% off :D

Your AA Card??....
    Didn't think they gave a discount for that...

Must try it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Your AA Card??....
    Didn't think they gave a discount for that...

Must try it :P

yeah, just asked the girl at the till and she took 15% off, worth a try and it worked out for me

scudzilla wrote: »
    yeah, just asked the girl at the till and she took 15% off, worth a try and it worked out for me

yeah they give discounts to different cards so the guys on tills dont really care either way they just put trough the discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

I left Axa years ago but kept the discount card , and I can still avail of the discount in Halfords with it. :D

I left Axa years ago but kept the discount card , and I can still avail of the discount in Halfords with it. :D
    Sshhhh

I know the Cork branch are verifying it.
    I nearly got caught a few weeks back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What, by ringing up AXA or something? Seems like a lot of hassle for a discount! (from the Halfords side of things)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

The 5W/30 A3 B3/B4 ("Vauxhall") oil is BMW LL-01 certified...

JohnCleary wrote: »

What, by ringing up AXA or something? Seems like a lot of hassle for a discount! (from the Halfords side of things)

She had a folder with names and card numbers to verify against I think. Or was going to record my name and card number to check later....

JohnCleary wrote: »

She had a folder with names and card numbers to verify against I think. Or was going to record my name and card number to check later....
    They just write down the numbers to balance the til i presume. There is no expiry date on the card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Went into halfords in airside today and the price was marked 37 euro or so. This still going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭padyjoe

AFAIK it has ended yesterday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement