Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chocolate - Yay or Nay?

• 08-04-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

A lot of people seem to absolutely love Easter. People are chocolate fanatics it seems.

I'm not really into chocolate ever since I was a kid my older brother one Easter told me that my Easter eggs had come out of the Easter bunnys bum:mad:
    That pretty much ended me from eating chocolate ever again. He'd always tease me shouting "**** face" at me ect. Dickhead:mad::mad:

Anyway, just wondering are boardies chocolate crazy too?? Do you go chocolate mental today?
    I'll add a poll now too!:)

Are you chocolate crazy 59 votes

Yes I love it!!!
    0%
    I hate it ;-(
    96%
    Slydicetony 2 toneGummy Pandaefbpositronemeraldstar[Deleted User]GLaDOSMushynicowalamaidori_dormer[Deleted User]Gunmonkey[Rasta]miralizeSteveDonFlojoHUNKstupidusername 57 votes
    What?
    3%
    TeddyTedsonSmidge 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I hate it ;-(
    Depends on which. Nestle is awful, Cadbury is okay but nothing beats Galaxy or Lindt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I hate it ;-(
    Chocolate is one of the single greatest things ever invented.

Also, for some reason I find Easter Egg chocolate to taste even nicer than 'normal' chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I dont understand the question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

What?
    I find it to be too sugary! I can't eat any sweets at all really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 232 ✭✭LilyCricket

Give me taytos any day of the week over chocolate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Chocolate is awesome. Feck buying an overpriced chocolate egg though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Love chocolate, but haven't touched the easter eggs yet....have to wait till the sickness & fear are gone:(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

A lot of people seem to absolutely love Easter. People are chocolate fanatics it seems.

I'm not really into chocolate ever since I was a kid my older brother one Easter told me that my Easter eggs had come out of the Easter bunnys bum:mad:
    That pretty much ended me from eating chocolate ever again. He'd always tease me shouting "**** face" at me ect. Dickhead:mad::mad:

Anyway, just wondering are boardies chocolate crazy too?? Do you go chocolate mental today?
    I'll add a poll now too!:)

Sry bout the brother acting like a prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Neither, I don't love it, I don't hate it, I like a dairy milk but if I was gonna eat a lot of junk I'm saving those calories for ice cream, cake and pizza. Yes I am aware that sounds like the food pallet of a really fat person or a five year old, woot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Too well hung over for chocolate op all I can manage now is plenty of diluted orange with lots of ice. If I had to choose though it would be cadburys, Im not the biggest fan of chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I hate it ;-(
    Handful of chocolate then a handful of Hunky Dorys cheese and onion = the sex!

What?
    Sry bout the brother acting like a prick
    He's an asswipe! Doesn't matter though. Years later when he was doing the leaving cert the next day I woke him up in the middle of the night and he couldn't get back to sleep:D
    He almost failed English:P
    That'll learn the prick ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

IMO if you eat good quality 70%+ cocoa dark chocolate for a week or so and then taste Cadbury, Galaxy et al, the later really tastes bad, fatty very sugary just plain horrible.

But for me this only becomes apparent a sustained break from, what I'm referring to as poor quality chocolate.
    In the midst of a Whole Nut/Galaxy Cookie crumble splurge nothing tasted as good!

What?
    Didn't they used to say it can save you from cancer or something :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Well I eat chocolate and I haven't got cancer, so it must be true:p

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

People love reading what they want to hear in those trivial news stories so even the slightest link about something positive concerning a demonised food will become a headline story to generate clicks.

here's what literally 30 seconds of googling brought up

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Good+news+chocolate+milk+lovers/6410397/story.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/chocolate-a-cure-for-cancer-765754.html

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-27/news/31246316_1_cocoa-powder-chocolate-suzanne-steinbaum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I hate it ;-(
    Love galaxy chocolate, milky bars and kinder, especially the white chocolate kinder buenos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

I hate it ;-(
    Love chocolate as a treat for myself every now and then (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Chocolate = migraine, so don't hate it but its not on the menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I hate it ;-(
    brummytom wrote: »
    Also, for some reason I find Easter Egg chocolate to taste even nicer than 'normal' chocolate.

I think its the thickness of the choclate, the smaller Dairy milk bars that are far thinner than the regular bars taste better to me, as do treat size Mars vs regular Mars. Could be a surface area per choccy unit or somesuch.

That or I overthink these things and its all in my head....again.

• Advertisement

allergic to it so i'll eat it but not much

that said, im eating loads of ferrero today
    ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Bonavox wrote: »
    Depends on which. Nestle is awful, Cadbury is okay but nothing beats Galaxy or Lindt.
    Cadbury beats Galaxy any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Love chocolate but when Easter arrives its Meh.

What?
    It's interesting that kids nowadays aren't even content with just eating the Easter eggs, a lot are now also eating the actual Easter bunny too. :(
    I don't know how it came about but we seem to be going backwards ever since the Celtic Tiger ended:(

What?
    It's interesting that kids nowadays aren't even content with just eating the Easter eggs, a lot are now also eating the actual Easter bunny too. :(
    I don't know how it came about but we seem to be going backwards ever since the Celtic Tiger ended:(
    evidently not:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I hate it ;-(
    havent been too well the past few days but my dad is dropping me over a Walnut Whip easter egg Can't wait:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Generally speaking I don't eat chocolate except for a few days ONCE A MONTH when if I don't get some I will kill.

Didn't bother with any Easter Eggs today for myself but had to buy a small buttons one on Monday and scoff it was that time and I knew I would feel deprived if I didn't get any this year.

Only Cadburys will do when it comes to Easter Eggs as everything else is minging but with normal choc am a fan of Kit Kats, Snickers and Lindt. All else is muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

dont really like the chocolate in an easter egg, its too thick, or theres too much of it, or something. got a buttons egg, and i nibbled away at the pack of buttons i got in it,but havnt touched the egg yet,
    i think theres a mars and a galaxy one lying around here aswell, must try all three, see which is the nicer chocolate, because i think i remember not liking the Cadburys ones before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I like it when I eat it, but i'm not mad into it, I don't get cravings.

It's weird, in that if I got the big bar of dairy milk I could easily eat it in one night, but I don't have chocolate for months at a time. Didn't have chocolate since before the New Year, the couple of Easter Eggs I get tomorrow i'll devour them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I knew I was getting old when I started to enjoy those guylian chocolate shells, something I thought were f**king rank until recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Swampy wrote: »
    Cadbury beats Galaxy any day.

What sort of freak are you?!:eek:

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I hate it ;-(
    By jaysus, I love it. Way up there among my top foods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I hate it ;-(
    dont really like the chocolate in an easter egg, its too thick, or theres too much of it, or something.

What?! It's seriously thin.

The egg s are too big my tummy aches but mentally I have to finish it bl euh that's why I don't buy chocolate or icecream on my weekly shop but if it's a gift then it doesn't contain any calories obviously : p
    And it's my birthday no

The egg s are too big my tummy aches but mentally I have to finish it bl euh that's why I don't buy chocolate or icecream on my weekly shop but if it's a gift then it doesn't contain any calories obviously : p
    And it's my birthday no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I hate it ;-(
    saa wrote: »
    And it's my birthday no

Double Double Send Send

Advertisement