Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to tralee

Options
  • 08-04-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey!
    new to boards so if I've posted this in the wrong place apologies!
    Recently moved to Tralee from Cork and am looking to meet new people down here! anyone know of good groups/organizations to join???
    I'm 23 and love music/fashion!
    Thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Paul Galvin
    Recently moved to Tralee from Cork and am looking to meet new people down here!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hey!
    new to boards so if I've posted this in the wrong place apologies!
    Recently moved to Tralee from Cork and am looking to meet new people down here! anyone know of good groups/organizations to join???

welcome to Tralee! I hope you enjoy your time here :)
    I'm not too sure of groups or orgs to be honest. The one place that springs to mind is the KDYS in Denny Street. You could pop in there and see what's around for young people in town.
    Sorry can't be of more help!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fashionista88

Hey
    thanks for the response Ill check that out....
    Does anyone know of any choirs/musical groups here that are open to beginners??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Send a PM to 440hz, she's a mod on here and is into that sort of scene too, I'm sure she will know something.
    And welcome to Tralee and in here.

Thanks! will do that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Tell her I sent you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shiv_star1

Hi all,
    Am 27 and been living in tralee for bout 8 months now. Still dont know that many people and am interested in joining any kind of social clubs to get to know people. Only things I have found so far are courses which I cant really afford so if anyone knows of anything thats free/ doesnt cost a lot please let me know... Am interested in all sorts really so anything ya know of wud appreciate or where I could find info??

What are you into??it's hard down here isn't it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shiv_star1

Hey am into music and dancing but thinking bout maybe joining some sports thing like maybe doing some surfing lessons. Yeah it is really hard, in fairness I havent really tried that much but have been keeping an eye out and not really found anything...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hey

Tralee Musical Society are always taking on new members. They put on some great shows if you are into a bit of acting too! There is a great choir in St. Brendan's church, at least I think they still have a folk choir! (been a LONG time since I went to mass!). Eddie Bailey used to look after it, think he still does. It was probably the only reason I went to mass there growing up, I loved the choir :)

• Advertisement

shiv_star1 wrote: »
    Hey am into music and dancing but thinking bout maybe joining some sports thing like maybe doing some surfing lessons. Yeah it is really hard, in fairness I havent really tried that much but have been keeping an eye out and not really found anything...

just posted there about the Tralee Musical society. They take all age groups. I know quite a few people in it & I know they all have a ball! I did consider joining them years ago, but moved away to college etc, so never did join.

My nephew does surfing lessons with Tom Leane in Banna. But there are other surf schools around at the different beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    welcome to Tralee! I hope you enjoy your time here :)
    I'm not too sure of groups or orgs to be honest. The one place that springs to mind is the KDYS in Denny Street. You could pop in there and see what's around for young people in town.
    Sorry can't be of more help!
    I would avoid the KDYS, this is more for the 12 - 18 bracket.

Patricide wrote: »
    I would avoid the KDYS, this is more for the 12 - 18 bracket.

its still worth a look to see what's on around the town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

shiv_star1 wrote: »

There's 3 surf schools near Tralee.

Kingdom Waves
    Offshore Surf School
    Jamie Knox's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Hey

hi there is kerry choral union

there is tralee musical society but they are just starting a run now so it might be a bad time to join

Advertisement