Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No MotoGP on BBC2 anymore???

• 08-04-2012 5:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Why are BBC2 not showing the Quatar MotoGP live on TV later on this evening??

Not even highlights of it?:(

Did they lose the rights to show MotoGP or what??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Surely its on the red button service?

EDIT: yes it is http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tv_and_radio/5345480.stm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Sintel wrote: »
    Surely its on the red button service?

I dont have that and anyway,I dont think that Red -Button thing works in Ireland??

This is taking the pi55 now,between F1 goin to Sky Sports and no normal TV station showing MotoGP anymore.

WTF is going on??:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

paddy147 wrote: »
    Not even highlights of it?:(

Dunno why it's not live but there's a re-run @ 11.25pm tonight on BBC1.

Thanks for that.:)

I suppose brief highlights will have to do so.

Red button works here al right.

Shame its not getting the main channel, seems its getting shafted by the golf coverage, think eurosport have live coverage for tonight's race if you have it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

It'll be back to BBc2 after this race. It's just because of the Masters.

Shame its not getting the main channel, seems its getting shafted by the golf coverage, think eurosport have live coverage for tonight's race if you have it.

Yeah, red button works for me too. But like you said, golf gets priority over the bikes (surprise, surprise!!) so it's bumped to BBC1. :rolleyes:

I ditched UPC last year so no Eurosport for me..

Maybe its the masters golf clashing with the MotoGP race start time,that forced BBC2 not to show the race live.

Here hoping that the next MotoGP race will be on BBC2 live,next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

I suppose brief highlights will have to do so.

It's listed from 11.25pm to 12.55am so it'll be the full race I'd say.

Fcuking golf is so boring,why doesnt that ever take a back seat to the MotoGP??

I used to hate how BBC Northern Ireland would suddenly cut away from a live race to show the live "build up" to a GAA match.

Who cares about a build up and 3 boring lads talking absolute SHYTE for 30 minutes???:mad::mad:

Fcuking golf is so boring,why doesnt that ever take a back seat to the MotoGP??

I used to hate how BBC Northern Ireland would cut away from a live race to show the "build up" to a GAA match.

Who cares about a build up and 3 boring lads talking absolute SHYTE for 30 minutes???:mad::mad:

Because motorsport will ALWAYS take a back seat to golf or soccer, especially bikes!!! That's the reality of it I'm afraid. Boring? I'm surprised they don't fall asleep walking around the greens!! Clowns in funny trousers! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

For the folks with Free To Air setups :
    Channel's 6711 to 6715 is BBC's red button service
    The MotoGP build up is on 6711 now

Just watching the Moto2 race live via the internet and through my 42 inch flatscreen in the living room.

Well done to Mark Marques on just "barely" winning Moto2.

Now bring on the MotoGP boys....Happy days.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Don't you hve Eurosport? Best commentators on the planet! Couldn't watch it on the BBC if you paid me...

Don't you hve Eurosport? Best commentators on the planet! Couldn't watch it on the BBC if you paid me...

Try reading post number 8 again.

I had full live coverage via the internet for free.Watched it on a free live stream to British Eurosport too.

Toby and Jules are pretty good allright.:D

Rossi and Ducati have alot of work to do after finishing a dismal 10th.:(

Try reading post number 8 again.

I had full live coverage via the internet for free.Watched it on a free live stream to British Eurosport too.

Toby and Jules are pretty good allright.:D

Rossi and Ducati have alot of work to do after finishing a dismal 10th.:(
    Did you pay for Eurosport UK online? Pretty cheap and perfect for motorcycle racing!

Rossi is finished... :( He should retire and go race in world superbike so we can see him battle with Biaggi once again!

Did you pay for Eurosport UK online? Pretty cheap and perfect for motorcycle racing!

Rossi is finished... :( He should retire and go race in world superbike so we can see him battle with Biaggi once again!

"free"....means just that...."free".:)

"free"....means just that...."free".:)
    Yeah but free is not always reliable... Their online option is seriously good! Had it for a year when I was without Sky. Thank God... Would have gone crazy without it!

Well done to Mark Marques on just "barely" winning Moto2.

Yeah, some drag race! Bad form with Luthi punching him on the slow-down lap though!

Yeah but free is not always reliable... Their online option is seriously good! Had it for a year when I was without Sky. Thank God... Would have gone crazy without it!

Free was and is reliable for me...so far anyway.

Ive watched many a "pay per view" boxing match with no problems at all.

Watched the likes of "Wrestlemania 28" live for 4 hours with no glitches.

And now the Moto2 and MotoGP races live via free streaming tonight.:D

Yeah, some drag race! Bad form with Luthi punching him on the slow-down lap though!

Yep,he was wrong to slap him on the hand,but Marques did squeeze him out in deliberate and rather crude manner though.Just my opinion though.

Im sure Marques will have some "justice" done to him in the next few races though.;):D

• Advertisement

Yep,he was wrong to slap him on the hand,but Marques did squeeze him out in deliberate and rather crude manner though.Just my opinion though.

Im sure Marques will have some "justice" done to him in the next few races though.;):D

Ah sure it was back and forward with Zarco and the other lad last year, I'm sure it'll be no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I think the Beeb only bought MotoGP as they couldn't afford anything else and needed filler for their sports ads. They cut it for everything so I just watch the relive on Eurosport.

Never checked to see was in on Setanta, it's just not the same without Julian and Toby, even thought they showed it in HD.

Really miss the live coverage on Eurosport, especially back in the day when there was Toby, Julian and Randy running around the pitlane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

If you think its bad with the golf..wait till the GAA and Hurling is on.(always start at 2pm)..If anything delays the race, crash/wet etc..you'll not see the end of the race on BBC2NI.:mad:
    Cant stand Moody,i like Ryder and Spalders, at least they know their stuff.....cant help picturing the three characters on The Ricky Gervais Show though....

Moody..Gervais.
    Ryder..Merchant..
    Spalders..Pilkington...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Garry17

Anyone know where I can see a replay of the race online.

Fell asleep last night and missed it

Don't have sky so couldn't plus it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Garry17 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can see a replay of the race online.

Fell asleep last night and missed it

Don't have sky so couldn't plus it

BBC iPlayer.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01fp1j4/MotoGP_2012_Qatar/

Download this first, it lets you view it from ROI.

It will sit in the system try, turn it off when not using it cos it will slow your connection down.

Really miss the live coverage on Eurosport, especially back in the day when there was Toby, Julian and Randy running around the pitlane.

British Eurosport ARE showing the main MotoGP race LIVE now though.

They got the rights back to show the main race live and not a 2 hour delayed highlights,like last season.

British Eurosport ARE showing the main MotoGP race LIVE now though.

They got the rights back to show the main race live and not a 2 hour delayed highlights,like last season.
    Only for this race though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Only for this race though...

Hopefully also when the Olympics are on.

The Beeb are showing all events on BBC2/3 and I'd say the red button will have the less popular events. I can't see them giving any thought to MotoGP when they have the biggest sporting event in the world to show.

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    Hopefully also when the Olympics are on.

The Beeb are showing all events on BBC2/3 and I'd say the red button will have the less popular events. I can't see them giving any thought to MotoGP when they have the biggest sporting event in the world to show.
    Hope you're right! Although I really don't mind waiting a few hours to watch it with quality commentaries!

Advertisement