Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

m.j.w wrote: »
    does anyone know when this will be shown on tv in ireland?
    Watch will probably air it towards the end of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

So Season 4 of master chef Australia started on watch last night! ( sky 109)

Anybody catch it ?

Love the new Melbourne location, it's a beautiful building!

I so knew ' Big Kev ' would get through to the top 24 ! I'm glad though as he comes across very likeable ! Felt so sorry for the girl who dropped her chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

What night is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

LizT wrote: »
    What night is this on?

Every night. It's on Watch (Sky Channel 109) @7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Anyone else watching this,

The pasta challange was mental, I'd say it was a good job he went as the others would never have forgiven him for picking the initial pasta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 armitage1971

fitzcoff wrote: »

The pasta challange was mental, I'd say it was a good job he went as the others would never have forgiven him for picking the initial pasta.

I am watching love this show, did he do that deliberately or did he genuinely think that was lasagne.:confused: Anyways surprised he went he was the first to get through to the top 24.

He was so stupid! Why didn't he pick spaghetti or penne or something easy?

He didn't seem that gutted to be leaving either! I had high hopes for him seeing as he was the first to be put through!

Sam Tyler wrote: »
    He didn't seem that gutted to be leaving either! I had high hopes for him seeing as he was the first to be put through!

I agree, it seemed that he picked the pasta so that he could go, he was very accepting of his elimination

Everyone still watching? So hard to call a winner at this stage.

• Advertisement

I', watching alright, I'm a day or two behind, but you're right very hard to call a winner at the moment. Based on what I've seen so far I reckon that it'll be a female. The men haven't really made an impression on me. Very hard to say which of the women are on top, as a few of them are very close.

Yeah I'm watching too and I'm about a day behind aswell!

So far my favourites are Mindi, Sam, Ben, Beau, jules, Andy and The girl with the big glasses ! They all seem quite genuine and nice!

The jury is still out for me on Aurra and Delphinda.

Mario has been under the radar along with Fillippo !

Enjoying the series the team challenges are very good!

' Tazmaina week ' or 'Tassie' as they call it was fantastic. The production values on this show are exceptional. The countryside looked amazing !

Anyone else glad that no-one got eliminated ? I suspect the rules were changed when Sam and Andy were in the bottom two, as both are good cooks and quite popular. I didnt see that coming and I think it was the best result.

That last cook off looked so tough , I don't know how they managed it !!

' Tazmaina week ' or 'Tassie' as they call it was fantastic. The production values on this show are exceptional. The countryside looked amazing !

Anyone else glad that no-one got eliminated ? I suspect the rules were changed when Sam and Andy were in the bottom two, as both are good cooks and quite popular. I didnt see that coming and I think it was the best result.

Yeah, it would have been unfair to eliminate either one of them especially as there are much less talented contestants left.

Yea I was thinking the same, it was such a tough challenge, it didn't seem fair to have any of them leave, esp the way they were helping each other throughout.

Still not sure who I see winning, it's still very open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'm really glad they kept both the guys in. I don't think either of them will win the show necessarily but they both rose to a really tough challenge. I am absolutely hooked to this show - the level of cooking is exceptional. I think Amena, Mindi and the lady from Singapore or all front runners but I think someone like Beau may surprise us yet. Am glued!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Myself and girlfriend record this every night and watch it, We are addicted. Far more better if you have Watch in HD..The level of detail is amazing :)

Think I will have to upgrade to HD :)

I was reading over on digital spy that Debra was missing from last nights mystery box and invention test due to having a crushed finger:eek:

I wonder why it was never mentioned?

Anyway I think that Andrew will be heading in the pressure test, I could never warm to him.

Amina is my personal favourite - Jebus the things she cooks makes my mouth water!

Amina is my personal favourite - Jebus the things she cooks makes my mouth water!

She's so lovely too!! I don't like the blonde one with glasses who makes all the desserts, I can't remember her name :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

She's so lovely too!! I don't like the blonde one with glasses who makes all the desserts, I can't remember her name :o

100 % agree. Amina is my early choice as the victor. Julia is the blonde one with the glasses. Arrogant bint is all she is. Have a huge soft spot for Alice (the hipster teacher) and Kylie though, think they're gorgeous!

Will say as well though, the standard of cooking is something else. Virtually impossible to pick a winner. Far, far more entertaining than the Irish version too, which due to a combination of over-serious presenters and over-nervous contestants, is actually a snore fest in comparison

I honestly nearly wet my pants when Rick Stein turned out to the mystery guest - love that man!

I definitely agree with the judge's choice on letting Marco go, assembling two mediocre salads in the last two rounds of the elimination challenge (and at this stage in the competition!!) was totally unacceptable.

Merkin wrote: »
    I definitely agree with the judge's choice on letting Marco go, assembling two mediocre salads in the last two rounds of the elimination challenge (and at this stage in the competition!!) was totally unacceptable.

Plus he was really rude about everyone else getting through, especially Filipo. His carbonara looked horrible too.

Plus he was really rude about everyone else getting through, especially Filipo. His carbonara looked horrible too.

I know, I couldn't believe he dissed him like that!

Are we all still following this ?!!

I was so annoyed with Ben in the elmination round, Gary looked annoyed too. Could not believe that he would give it up for Emma, and what was Beau playing at !!

The judges made the right decision though it was Emma's time to go !

I was so annoyed with Ben in the elmination round, Gary looked annoyed too. Could not believe that he would give it up for Emma, and what was Beau playing at !!

Emma was seriously annoying. Ben was stupid for trying to leave to save her!!

Totally agree, Gary's looked majorly peed off with Ben for suggesting it.

It was def time for Emma to go, she was too young yet, needed more experience.

Still can't work out who I want to win

Totally agree, Gary's looked majorly peed off with Ben for suggesting it.

It was def time for Emma to go, she was too young yet, needed more experience.

Still can't work out who I want to win

Yeah I'm in the same frame of mind ! I like Mindi a lot but is she a one trick pony ? She does seem to do a lot of asian flavours! Sam seems a good all rounder and he is very genuine and likeable !!

Andrew is too self confident for me, I've gone off Ben (see above ) :D. Alice is a little too over the top at times!!

It's still a bit soon for me to have a real favourite !

I found that team challenge of catering a wedding my least favourite as it was not very exciting to watch, I think even the producers struggled to make it look exciting !!

• Advertisement

Totally agree, Ben should hand in his man card straight away...they are not family/friends, It's a competition ffs, best man/woman wins. They should have kicked Ben out for being a big girls dick :pac:

Advertisement