Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia 2012

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Totally agree, Ben should hand in his man card straight away...they are not family/friends, It's a competition ffs, best man/woman wins. They should have kicked Ben out for being a big girls dick :pac:
    Was something going on between them I wonder?!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Was something going on between them I wonder?!

Hardly, she's 19 and he's 30. I'd say she was like a little sister to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

LizT wrote: »
    Hardly, she's 19 and he's 30. I'd say she was like a little sister to them.

I don't know, in one of the programmes they made a big thing about a lot of them being single, maybe there might be a romance before the end of the show.

I feel sorry for Amina, she has cooked in 3 eliminations and her dish won each time and she still hasn't gotten anything for it. It seems a bit unfair that one person can win immunity but 3 are cooking

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

fitzcoff wrote: »
    I don't know, in one of the programmes they made a big thing about a lot of them being single, maybe there might be a romance before the end of the show.

I feel sorry for Amina, she has cooked in 3 eliminations and her dish won each time and she still hasn't gotten anything for it. It seems a bit unfair that one person can win immunity but 3 are cooking

Mindy won immunity despite her dish actually losing, I thought that was unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

They sent home the wrong contestant !! Sam was one of my favourites, he didn't deserve to go!
    I hoped that Andrew would go as he comes across really smug!

Sam was gracious in his defeat and you could tell that house were gutted he was gone.

Im glad Amina survived she is starting to grow on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Not surprised that Tregan is gone, although I thought that things were not looking good for Julia. I LOVE this programme :)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Should be an interesting few days, with 3 being eliminated, I don't think Tregan was any great loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

I really thought that Mindy should have been in the final three tonight, her dish didnt sound appealing at all & from the look on Gary's face it didn't taste too great either.

Andrew to go tomorrow hopefully, the pressure test looks impossible!

That double elimination was very emotional! Sorry to see Amina go she seemed to have a nice personality and was liked by everyone in the house!

But can I just say that Deb should have been eliminated after her performance in the team challange, she behaved terribly and should have been booted out !
    Wade didn't seem to happy to see her saved.

I am pleased with the top ten there is some good cooks so the episodes in Italy should be enjoyable to watch !!':)

The contestants are very mouthy!!
    It's getting on my nerves a bit, the speeches before they're eliminated, and trying to better the professionals for comments and observations, especially during the master classes.
    Be quiet and listen!!

• Advertisement

Sam Tyler wrote: »
    But can I just say that Deb should have been eliminated after her performance in the team challange, she behaved terribly and should have been booted out !
    Not for the first time either.
    A few of the contestants are coasting.

I thought Marco Pierre white was a breath of fresh air as a guest judge! Hope he returns !

As opposed to the very boring Matt Moran, good an all as he might be a chef he has zero personality . Anyone else catch the masterclass ? The contestents looked bored when he cooking his dish!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

Yah to be honest I was a bit bored too, only watched about 30 mins last night.

I love the judges when there all together and bouncing off each other.
    I agree also that the contestants are very mouthy, there was an episode last week where they were slaggin George off and they went way to far.

I really hate Julia and Deb and to be honest once they go I dont care who wins.

I'm still absolutely hooked on this! I'm still a bit surprised that Ameena went out so early but they've got a really good standard of finalists - I think it could still be quite close!

OMG I am so so so so gutted that
    Kylie
    has been eliminated. I was really hoping that they might win, love their energy and enthusiasm so it was a big shock!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Merkin wrote: »
    OMG I am so so so so gutted that
    Kylie
    has been eliminated. I was really hoping that they might win, love their energy and enthusiasm so it was a big shock!!

I kind of get what you are saying but i found her a "tad" smug...kind of thought she knew everything about deserts and cakes..fatal mistake proved that she didn't. She did really well to get that far in the end tho.

Really, did you think? I actually thought her confidence built organically as the show went on and she wasn't at all cocky. Now grumpy
    Julia
    on the other hand, I REALLY hope she doesn't win (although she may manage to raise a smile) which would make television history in itself...!

I was shocked when Kylie was eliminated the other night - she's all about desserts & then she served up the over whipped meringue & cream thingy and didn't realise her mistake. Like what was mentioned earlier, I found her to be a bit smug at times, the same with Mindy and her beautiful Asian flavours....

Andy to win for me tomorrow night, I've been a fan of his since the start and he has come so far recently, delighted for him!

It boggles my mind that Julia is still in the competition & Audra I don't really have an opinion on, she's a bit blah to me.

Final show is on for two and a half hours tomorrow & then Masterchef Australia All Stars starts on monday which should be fun!!

Delighted with the result!! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Final show is on for two and a half hours tomorrow & then Masterchef Australia All Stars starts on monday which should be fun!!
    Don't think I finished All Stars..

.. twas good fun but not as exciting as good ol' plain Masterchef.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Happy with that result. I thought
    Andy
    was the most progressive of the final 7 or 8 people. Good series again, its easily the best version imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

All Stars was really good actually. It was pretty goofy at the start (the contestants were only playing for charity), but when the eliminations started, it was classic Masterchef - very competitive and very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Was hooked on Masterchef, and so delighted
    Andy
    did it, but just had no interest in the All Stars. No attachment to the contestants :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just got around to watching the final now. Thought it was superb series overall and
    Andy
    has to be one of the likeable contestants that they've ever had on the show. Delighted they won. Myself and the father were actually hooked watching it and did some roaring when
    Andy raced five clear in the second round

About Julia though, I think she bought into the whole "dessert queen" tag a bit too much, she never produced the dessert that befitted her place as apparently the best at making them on the show (actually thought Kylie was better than her overall). Think she's probably a bit too cocky or something. Never warmed to her.

But yeah overall, thought it was the best series of the show so far, and that the Irish version could learn a thing or two from making a serious topic like becoming a professional chef a bit more entertaining. Lighten up a bit like!

I only watched the final yesterday and am really pleased Andy one. He progressed by leaps and bounds over the last few weeks and he's on a roll now. I wonder whether he still intends to go into business with Ben?

It's such an amazing show, already looking forwward to the 2013 one! The standard of cooking in Australia is absolutely amazing and it's been inspiring viewing!

http://www.benandandy.com.au/
    Ben & Andy launched a website a while ago, seems like they fully intend to work together in the future.

And Andy's book was released and it features a lot of pictures of both Andy & Ben, the bromance continues it seems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Found this thread about 3 months too late!! :rolleyes: Finished season 4 last week, absolutely addicted to this show. Delighted Andy won. Was a gear ahead of everyone else on the final week.

I missed the first few episodes so was watching them the last couple of days.

I cannot get over Kevin and the lasagne in the pasta challenge! :eek:

He should have been eliminated on the spot after that!

Advertisement