Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"I'm happy I cut off my legs"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Must have been reading the: "Avoid alcohol on a night out but yet still get legless" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

They say before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. Oh, wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

:eek:
    I'm shocked and appalled and I haven't even clicked the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

some people would give an arm an a leg for them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I was legless a few times but never this bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Shinless wonder.

the best bit is he sounds like cleatus too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Yeah, Jerry Springer that bastion of truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

It prity much "walked" into that one. :D

Sandra. Is a females name? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

There's a mental illness called Body Dysmorphic Disorder that causes those who suffer from it to obsessively hate a certain body part, or parts, of theirs to a point that thankfully the overwhelming majority of us will never realise.

Some of these sufferers will become so obsessed with the issue that they'll convince themselves that they'll be happier without it and will remove the limb/digit/etc themselves and will genuinely feel better after. I've seen some extreme cases where people have cut off most of their limbs yet claim their lives are significantly improved by it.

Thankfully it only happens a very small number of people, however I really question the type of person who points and laughs at mental illnesses, which is what the thread was created to do. Well done on posting a link to a Jerry Springer episode that is purposely making light of the issue, in no doubt a made up trashy story also. Questionable behaviour reinforced by linkage to absolutely vile behaviour.

Have a read if you're genuinely interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Jerry ! Jerry !! Jerry !!!

She...

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Gods I miss Jerry Springer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

No point in him being there, how can he argue this, hasn't got a leg to stand on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Ah! sure they haven't a leg to stand on:rolleyes:

If they change their mind, they needn't coming running to me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Man thats ****ed up. Why would anyone want to be a tranny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

danslevent wrote: »
    This is the weirdest, most shocking video I have ever seen...I felt it needed to be shared!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA43DS2c12c&feature=related

Ye think thats bad, ye'd want to hear about the lads that castrated themselves.

There's a mental illness called Body Dysmorphic Disorder that causes those who suffer from it to obsessively hate a certain body part, or parts, of theirs to a point that thankfully the overwhelming majority of us will never realise.

Some of these sufferers will become so obsessed with the issue that they'll convince themselves that they'll be happier without it and will remove the limb/digit/etc themselves and will genuinely feel better after. I've seen some extreme cases where people have cut off most of their limbs yet claim their lives are significantly improved by it.

Thankfully it only happens a very small number of people, however I really question the type of person who points and laughs at mental illnesses, which is what the thread was created to do. Well done on posting a link to a Jerry Springer episode that is purposely making light of the issue, in no doubt a made up trashy story also. Questionable behaviour reinforced by linkage to absolutely vile behaviour.

Have a read if you're genuinely interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder

To be fair, this is After Hours. There's a time and a place for a serious discussion about BDD, and this really isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

a load of nonsense. JS is totally scripted by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭Riddle101

What an idiot. We have people who have lost limbs accidently and wish it never happened, and yet this one this it on purpose. Retard of the highest order.

• Advertisement

To be fair, this is After Hours. There's a time and a place for a serious discussion about BDD, and this really isn't it.
    I'm not sure I follow, making fun of mental illnesses is ok in this forum? If you remove the words "off" and "legs" and substitute in "wrists", you'll get a similarly desperate action taken by sufferers of other mental illnesses including depression and bipolarity. Are those illnesses open to having a point and laugh at here as well? Or is it just BDD because lol, look at that idiot removing their own body parts, they so dumb lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

There's something creepy about parading these troubled people on TV for the amusement and point-and-laugh kicks of the audience.

I'm not sure I follow, making fun of mental illnesses is ok in this forum? If you remove the words "off" and "legs" and substitute in "wrists", you'll get a similarly desperate action taken by sufferers of other mental illnesses including depression and bipolarity. Are those illnesses open to having a point and laugh at here as well? Or is it just BDD because lol, look at that idiot removing their own body parts, they so dumb lol?

Lay down your arms, We mean no 'arm:D

It's not real people!!!!

It's not real people!!!!

then gets the zombies! :mad:

Did it cost them an arm a leg to make it?

I think they're a leg-ends!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

IM0 wrote: »
    :confused:

My mistake. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

so disturbing, that was actually quite difficult to watch, the mind boggles.

Did everyone else also go on a spree of watching old jerry/ricky clips after watching this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

If it's on Jerry Springer you can be pretty certain it's fake.

Still - there are people with medical conditions that make their legs painful, difficult to use, or even dead weight. I don't see any reason not to have them surgically removed in those cases. If I knew I could never walk again - why keep them?

• Advertisement

Robdude wrote: »
    If it's on Jerry Springer you can be pretty certain it's fake.

Still - there are people with medical conditions that make their legs painful, difficult to use, or even dead weight. I don't see any reason not to have them surgically removed in those cases. If I knew I could never walk again - why keep them?
    Exactly. He admitted some of the show was set up before. I'd say it was all scripted to be honest. Perhaps not in the beginning but once the show was well established it must have been.

You're thinking about this too much. As I said, this forum isn't the place for a serious discussion about the condition. There are a lot of threads I've seen here poking fun at all manner of conditions and illnesses. This one is no different.

You're thinking about this too much. As I said, this forum isn't the place for a serious discussion about the condition. There are a lot of threads I've seen here poking fun at all manner of conditions and illnesses. This one is no different.
    Sorry, that excuse doesn't cut it with me.

I hope the forum will be as welcoming if I should choose to find some youtube videos by depression sufferers on the damage they've done to themselves due to their condition. Otherwise it's sheer hypocrisy and I would certainly expect that to be the case, without the need for a petty form of test.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

Um. This guy, or whatever needs help...

skyflyer wrote: »
    Um. This guy, or whatever needs help...

I have a chainsaw he can borrow if that would be any use, He might go mad altogether though and cut off his arms aswell:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Archeron

Springfield prosthetic limbs. "why pay an arm and a leg for an arm or a leg"

• Advertisement

Sorry, that excuse doesn't cut it with me.

I hope the forum will be as welcoming if I should choose to find some youtube videos by depression sufferers on the damage they've done to themselves due to their condition. Otherwise it's sheer hypocrisy and I would certainly expect that to be the case, without the need for a petty form of test.

I'm not making an excuse, I'm offering an explanation. Whether or not you accept it doesn't really matter to me - I'm just trying to give you an answer. The forum probably wouldn't be as accepting, no; depression is far more common than BDD.

But like I've already said, this isn't the place for a serious discussion. If you are offended by what you see here, then you should probably skip over it. I doubt you'll get much in the way of a reaction to your comments.

Advertisement