Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much should I sell my iPad 3 32gb 4g for?

• 08-04-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm planning to sell my iPad 3 32gb 4g as i dont need it and get the 64gb wifi only instead. I put a cover on the screen when I got it so it's in perfect condition and have the box etc. Does anyone know where the best place to sell it would be or how much I should expect to sell it for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Well they are 700 new according too the apple site so I would suggest asking for 600.

You can sell it on adverts.ie and donedeal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Snugglebuggle

Ok, thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

You can get new ones that spec for 600e on ebay. I would say you`d be lucky to get 500e.

Well I just looked at adverts.ie and saw a new unopened iPad 3 16gb 4g for 600 so I assume asking 600 for a 32gb 4g one that iv barely used is reasonable? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Why not just return it? If it can be done.....I'd say you will have to take a minimum €100 hit on what you paid depreciation!

• Advertisement

Well I just looked at adverts.ie and saw a new unopened iPad 3 16gb 4g for 600 so I assume asking 600 for a 32gb 4g one that iv barely used is reasonable? :confused:

Just because one person on that site is asking a stupid price doesn`t mean you should too. You can safely estimate depreciation of at least 25% which would be 525e which is what I would ask for expecting 500e. I can see you still having this in months if you try to hold out for 600e. There is a limited number of people wiith that dispsable income at the minute and if they have an extra 100e is very little to them so they would just buy it new. Since your desperate to justify putting it on at an unreasonable price (above) your clearly delusional anyway so I`d safely say I`m wasting my time. I only answered because this mentality is driving me nuts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Ask for 600, prepare to accept 550.

Jarren wrote: »
    Ask for 600, prepare to accept 550.

Why would anyone pay 550e when they can get a brand new exact same spec one for 600e on ebay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Post a few ebay links for price comparison first.

Jarren wrote: »
    Post a few ebay links for price comparison first.

Ok theres none now but there was 2 yesterday (brand new ipad3 4g 32g) when I checked. Will check and post when I find later.

• Advertisement

g81der - I am not desperate or delusional (but thank you :confused: )I posted this question because I don't know what a reasonable asking price for it is, not so you could assume I already knew the answer to my own question and attack me for having some kind of 'mentality' about the price.

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

g81der - I am not desperate or delusional (but thank you :confused: )I posted this question because I don't know what a reasonable asking price for it is, not so you could assume I already knew the answer to my own question and attack me for having some kind of 'mentality' about the price.

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Never said desperate your reading something into something which is not there and you clearly seemed to swallow up that it was worth 600e and thing that was reasonable I was explaining that it was not. We will see...

theg81der wrote: »
    Since your desperate to justify putting it on at an unreasonable price (above) your clearly delusional anyway so I`d safely say I`m wasting my time.

What exactly do you think is a reasonable asking/starting price?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Why not just return it? If it can be done.....I'd say you will have to take a minimum €100 hit on what you paid depreciation!

Its been opened, why would anyone take it back?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

What exactly do you think is a reasonable asking/starting price?

€100 less than you paid for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

16gb wifi model gone for 450 link

Would not be too farfetched to look for an extra 150 euro for the 4g capability and 32gb space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Limericks wrote: »
    16gb wifi model gone for 450 link

If you went into Harvey Norman and paid an extra €29 you would have a brand NEW one. Cant understand how some people are prepared to pay almost the full amount of money on a second hand product and for a tiny bit more they could have a brand new one without any risks.

It would have to be €100 cheaper before I would consider buying second hand. An extra 29 euro wont break the bank surely and if it did well then you shouldn't be buying an ipad in the first place.

Advertisement