Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Season 2 Week 16 Scheduling **Monday - Friday**'

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Shane.C wrote: »
    Im back for this one guys so ill rejoin asap
    ill prob be on later! I tried rejoining there but it says im banned?
    If you get kicked you have to be invited back i think
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Will invite you when I get on next Shane.

The Ravens cry foul over shenanigans and see some sort of funny business going on and lodge a protest with the league :pac:

Maybe the Raiders were right over the conspiracies in the league :eek:

Oh well, a player should never ever have to rely on oppononts so if I miss the playoffs it's my own fault :o
    No sour grapes, tis my fault. Was just suprised, that's all

Frustation shall be vented in Week Seventeen :P

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Really sorry guys, a family matter had resulted me returning home until Sunday. It sucks because of the importance of that game for me and others with play off hopes. I'll definitely be available for the last game of the regular season and the playoffs. Once again sorry for the inconvenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

think the last game is being played tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Just actually seen the result on the league manager site, i was available to play for most of today and yet the game was played vs CPU?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Just actually seen the result on the league manager site, i was available to play for most of today and yet the game was played vs CPU?

Bengals should have checked boards

that victory could have a big effect on wildcard spots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

empacher wrote: »

Bengals should have checked boards

that victory could have a big effect on wildcard spots

Dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Shane.C, mikemac1, empacher, madalig12

Have only seen all this nonsense now after I just posted the result in results forum.
    I checked Boards at the start of the week, saw I was playing CPU so didn't pay attention to the scheduling thread after that. Only checked results thread when posted my result.

I was in a similar situation last year against the Browns, and I PM'd Dave to let him know I'd be back in the middle of the Gameweek and arranged a time that suited us to play so as to avoid a CPU game.
    I received no PM, and nothing on XBL
    I was never contacted in relation to this, so according to you guys I should have checked every forum every day before I played my game?

EDIT: And if you were available Shane, I would have happily played you, but the Cardinals were still a CPU team in the Franchise so I had no idea. If you had re-entered the Franchise I would have seen the Cardinals were a human team I would have contacted you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads, I'll have to go with Rob on this (though it means mike really has to beat me next week!) but not everyone is on boards as much as some of us, so I think that the cards should have PM'd Rob and/or messaged him on XBL.

And also if you have left the franchise, you should make contact with your next opponent if you make it back.
    Also Rob hasnt posted on here and honestly I havent seen him online either since Shane said he was back.

And finally Rob has left the IG franchise due to RL getting busy so it pretty plausible that he hasnt been online to read the forum in the last couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

without any PM via boards or XBL I don't think we can blame Rob for going ahead and playing the game, Shane had been away for a while and I think it was reasonable for Rob to get on with things (his was one of the last games played this game week).

We need (all of us aware of a player coming back, not just the player as he may not have access) to make sure that in similar situations in the future a message is sent via XBL so that it can't be missed prior to a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah unfortunately it seems like an honest mistake. Just for future references, if you are in the same situation as Shane make sure you pm the person on XBL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately it seems like an honest mistake. Just for future references, if you are in the same situation as Shane make sure you pm the person on XBL.

I think it should be done by boards, for example im away for a week. find out i'll be actually only away two days. Can't PM on XBL because I'm away, game gets played.

will have to be done through boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think it should be done by boards, for example im away for a week. find out i'll be actually only away two days. Can't PM on XBL because I'm away, game gets played.

Well, I just think that if you do it on boards then the person is liable to miss the pm or post. Whereas if you can do it on XBL then the person can't really start the game without seeing the message.

Understand what you are saying but if someone says to go ahead and play the CPU then suddenly says wait don't. If the person doesn't see the second message than tough. Its up to you to make sure they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

You can long onto xbox live through a pc and send messages from there, use xbox.com

So do both, xbl and boards, all the bases covered

Advertisement