Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subject outside school ??

• 08-04-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey :D im currently in third year , but going into ty next year but im dyslexic , which means im not doing irish but doing french for my junior ( dont know yet if im going to do it for my leaving :P ) . So anyways im restricted to 6 subjects and one may possibly be french ! I was hoping to do an extra subject outside school. Im practically good in all subjects. I was thinking of doing applied maths, outside school , but i talked to two maths teachers. One recommened me not to do it , while the other did ! Im hoping for an a in honors maths for my junior cert but not doing physics in fifth ( not offered in our school ). Any help would be appricated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Well the great thing is you have all of 4th year to think about it, I wish i was as well planned as you because I kind of rushed into my choices in 4th year. We cant really suggest an extra subject to you if we dont know your 4 choices though? I do economics in school but from what I have heard its one of the easier subjects to do outside school as the course isnt that big and its a very interesting subject. Do the subjects that you like as studying a subject that you hate is a daunting task. I'd concentrate on your Junior Cert right now though and ask again in 4th year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Have you considered doing Physics outside school? :) Loads of people are going to take Applied Maths as an extra subject!! Me Included!! But my maths techer is giving me classes after school when I'm in 5th Year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 School of french

The fact that you are dyslexic should have no bearing on your learning of French. I had a student a few years ago who managed to get a "B" in honours JC What your teacher needs to do with you is to show you how to correctly pronounce all the words (phonetically) and you will see that you improve automatically. Learning a language is all about sound, so if you cannot recognise the sound of the word and then your mind forms a mental picture of the word and meaning, you will have trouble learning it. This is the same for everyone. This is particularly true of French as a lot of the words have silent ends or middles or even beginning in the case of words beginning with "h". hope this is of some use to you!

Advertisement