Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groomer cut dogs whiskers

• 08-04-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Maybe a silly question, got our dog groomed recently(cocker spaniel). Asked for a tight cut which they did. Great job but they cut her whiskers and trimmed her eyelashes. Not a big deal but wondering is this normal practice?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

depends on the breed. different breeds have different standards. i dont know about spaniels but im sure the groomer does. they'll grow back anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If they cut them tight then yes they can cut around the muzzle area quite short.
    I've had groomers do that, and the eyelashes too.

We've a different groomer now, but I'm uber specific on the instructions. If you're happy with the cut (but not the whiskers/eyelashes) then next time just let them know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

For a Cocker, cutting/shaving the face is normal practice. It is to get rid of the whispy hairs that grow along side their whiskers and the whiskers get taken off in the process. They will grow back!

As starpants said - if you are planning on going back to the groomer, specify that you don't want her face done next time.

Advertisement