Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clothes on washing line

Options
  • 08-04-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Ha defo wrongthread but couldnt find anywhere else. I put clothes out to dry. Came home and drenched from rain. Will I just leave them out there or do I have to wash them again?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well you don't have to wash them again, but if they are soaked I would suggest a rinse and spin. They seem to dry a bit manky if they have got wet, and if they are soaked it would be better to spin them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have you seen the state of your windows or windscreen after a heavy shower of rain?

Definitely rinse again - the rain that falls here is manky!!!

(I'm in Dublin btw, probably a bit different out in the sticks :D)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

where i am, you see the dust building up when it's dry, not when it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It depends on how good the clothes are, I've left mine on the line for a week a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I wouldn't bother rinsing them again but I always wash new bed linen underwear before use. I don't leave my clothes soaking in the rain for week because they start rotting and smelling not so fresh anymore :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I keep an eye on the weather. If it remotely looks like rain, then I whip the washing in!

Washing that's been left in the rain gets dirty again very quickly. It also tends to smell bad from the rainwater. If it's been caught in a downpour, then I tend to give them a quick wash.

I'm afraid I'm a bit anal about clothes. I wash EVERYTHING before I wear or use it! My husband thinks I'm mad, but just lets me get on with it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kynzvart

I would wash them again, cloths that are left out in the rain smell, when they start to dry and look grey. I cound'nt be doing with that, I like my cloths to smell fresh.

Advertisement