Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return land back after being forestry land

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

brian_t wrote: »
    I think you are unfair to refer to either of the above posters as a troll but there was certainly no need for this thread to run to a second page.

Well, I'm certainly not a troll. If I'm feeding one then apologies :o

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭raher1

It's over will bill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I don't hear any fat lady singing :cool:

Sound

• Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭eamon11

hi,

sorry for the question but I am looking very long term here. What if you have a hardwood forest. Grants etc are for 20 yrs. Lets say you allow the hardwood to reach maturity or at least 80 to 100 yrs. Thats many years in forestry after the grants stop. Could the land be returned to agriculture then without any need to payback?

tks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭greenfingers89

eamon11 wrote: »
    hi,

sorry for the question but I am looking very long term here. What if you have a hardwood forest. Grants etc are for 20 yrs. Lets say you allow the hardwood to reach maturity or at least 80 to 100 yrs. Thats many years in forestry after the grants stop. Could the land be returned to agriculture then without any need to payback?

tks

eamon your asking if the law will be changed in 80 years time:rolleyes:

but anyway here goes... the very unofficial word i've heard is that if total forestry cover in ireland reaches 20% (was previously told 15%) then the obligation to replant will be changed. almost all plantations will be replanted anyway so the thinking is the cover wont drop very much at all. the best you can do is treat it as the law is now, plant with the knowledge that forestry will have to remain there

eamon your asking if the law will be changed in 80 years time:rolleyes:

but anyway here goes... the very unofficial word i've heard is that if total forestry cover in ireland reaches 20% (was previously told 15%) then the obligation to replant will be changed. almost all plantations will be replanted anyway so the thinking is the cover wont drop very much at all. the best you can do is treat it as the law is now, plant with the knowledge that forestry will have to remain there
    e
    might as well ask coillte or the agri dept:pac:

Advertisement