Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There is always one little F**Ker

• 08-04-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

It happens every year no matter what you try it seems.

we brought in the cows and calves over the weekend for the 1st vacination of the year. have brought them all ina few times in the last few weeks to seprate a cow or calf but saturday took the biscut.

brought the dog up to get them moving and he rounded them all up well and got them going to the passage all good so far. them 1 litle fecker (the youngest one only a few days old) decided to go under the only place were the wire was low ( about a 2foot gap in a corner) and into a feild of weanlings. he then double backed and across the passage over the water trough accross some furs bushs and into the dry cows. tried and failed to catch himbut managed to get him back towards his mother and managed to reunite them. then the little fecker decided to go back into the waenlings which meant another 20 mins cross crossing the feild and trying to get him away from road ditch. where does he go but back into the dry cows then trough another fence and over another ditch and then accross another field ignoring his poor mother and headed straight for the river bounadry. he stopped in bunch of brairs and i managed to get him out (still picking the thorns out of my arms and legs today) and headed him back to mammy. he must have been tired cos he just wandered into the yard. luckily his brothers and sisters didnt decided to jion in. cant wait for the next time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

:D

calf-lasso.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Yes handling cows with young calves would test the patience of a saint.

Once had a 3 week old LM calf that after bouncing back off sheep wire a few times, managed to squeeze out the 3" between the first strand of barbed and sheep wire! How he didn't tear himself asunder I'I never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

was thinking trying to catch calves was great training for playing corner back. been a few years since i played and its showing. heard john hayes's family have about 100 sucklers so thats proably where he learned to play rugby.

Advertisement