Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Norwich

Options
  • 08-04-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

We really have to get all 3 points from this game or else our CL prospects will be in serious trouble,Bale is a doubt unfortunately,We have a very good record against them so I'm hoping maybe for a 2-0 win for us......COYS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Have to win, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

i'm heading over to this 1,confident of a big win,bale will be a big loss but im sure we have enough to beat them.
    3-0....2 for ade and 1 for rafa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I think Saha will start instead of rafa

2-0 to spurs with 2 late goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

any sort of a win without injuries is good enough for me. id take a 7-6 win with 4 og's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hope we get an early goal and actually hold on to a lead for the game. I'd be wary of Lambert but he might rest players after the playing on Saturday also, well at least I hope so. I expect Gallas to be rested, can't see him playing 2 games in such quick succession, same for Parker. Modric might possibly be tired but there's no way he'll be rested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Must Win, simples.
    I'd freshen it up with a few changes, early goal and we will murder them.
    Friedel,Walker,King,Kaboul,Rose,Lennon,Livermore,Modric,Krancjar,Defoe,Saha

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Must Win, simples.
    I'd freshen it up with a few changes, early goal and we will murder them.
    Friedel,Walker,King,Kaboul,Rose,Lennon,Livermore,Modric,Krancjar,Defoe,Saha

I agree, i would defo play livermore here instead of modric maybe. Play himself and sandro in the middle and let modric and parker rest for sunday .

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Other results didn't really go our way at the weekend.

Hopefully Martin Jol can do us a favour this evening.

Pity Bale is out, I recall him having a stormer in the away game to the Canaries.
    I agree with other posters. A must win this one. That said Norwich were very unlucky at OT and played really well at Anfield.

It is not going to be straightforward. I think we have enough quality though to see us through.

Seillejet wrote: »

Pity Bale is out, I recall him having a stormer in the away game to the Canaries.
    I agree with other posters. A must win this one. That said Norwich were very unlucky at OT and played really well at Anfield.

It is not going to be straightforward. I think we have enough quality though to see us through.

bale is doubtful, not out for definite as far as i heard ?

even if he does make it we should give him a rest for the fa up and play niko

mickman wrote: »

bale is doubtful, not out for definite as far as i heard ?

even if he does make it we should give him a rest for the fa up and play niko

You are right about doubtful as oppossed to
    out.

I don't know about resting players though. I'd prefer our strongest 11 out really go at them and make early substitutions with a handsome lead, all of course in an ideal world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

The game will be shown live on tv at the Evergreen Bar, Turners Cross, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

You are right about doubtful as oppossed to
    out.

I don't know about resting players though. I'd prefer our strongest 11 out really go at them and make early substitutions with a handsome lead, all of course in an ideal world.

Agreed, a bit of rotation is a good thing but not too much.. If bale is out and Lennon is in I'd stay with Ade and Vdv up front, maybe Luka on the left with Sandro and Livermore in the middle. Ledley King will need protecting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Never thought I'd see Harry rotate.

@BenPearceSpurs: #thfc Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, BAE, Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Bale, Defoe, Saha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

@BenPearceSpurs: #thfc Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, BAE, Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Bale, Defoe, Saha

Happy enough with that

Midfield??:eek: he must think they look very week through the middle!

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Happy enough with that

me too

luca is a young chap so should be well able. parker needed a break

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

4-4-2 formation is playing with fire in my opinion. VDV not starting either, don't like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Happy with this team too, he has rotated the strikers and rested another couple. COYS!!!!

RoboClam wrote: »
    4-4-2 formation is playing with fire in my opinion. VDV not starting either, don't like that.

Ah come on now, we have to go out and attack Norwich at home. VdV needed the rest, at the best of times he never plays full 90 let alone 2 games in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Ah come on now, we have to go out and attack Norwich at home. VdV needed the rest, at the best of times he never plays full 90 let alone 2 games in a couple of days.

You're right, I just can't help but feel negative after the last few weeks!

• Advertisement

They've rested a few so we should have too much for them, Bale and Lennon to do some damage..... COYS!

RoboClam wrote: »
    You're right, I just can't help but feel negative after the last few weeks!

Understand where you are coming from man, being a Spurs fan is not easy :D

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Understand where you are coming from man, being a Spurs fan is not easy :D

yes on sopcast has this

I'm a critic but BAE did very well there. Ledley doesnt look assured at all. Very open game, there will be goals.

ledley having a bad time so far. two mistakes nearly led to goals

Commentators curse FFS!

King is crocked.:(

King is crocked.:(

agreed - looks like the end now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That is some shockingly bad defending.

• Advertisement